function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maharajan CMaharajan C 

Lead convert create duplicate accounts and contacts same time

Hi,

In my salesforce org when i convert a lead it creates multiple account,contacts and opportunities at the same time and when i see the created by timings and created by user both are same.

http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/spring16/release-notes/rn_sales_leads_edit_converted_leads.htm

In above link there is an article i studied about permission set which will enalble us to create multiple account,contacts and opportunities and we can able to view lead again in salesforce detail page but i disabled this options.

Even though i disabled this option i have duplicates created in my salesforce org and i have lead which i can edit on detail page after it converted...I didn't have any trigger.

Please help !!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Raj
Best Answer chosen by Maharajan C
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Kathleen,

We have a problem due to the below reason but we have to think what issue you have :

Summary
If a User goes to Lead Convert page and clicks the Convert button repeatedly, it is creating multiple Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, instead of just 1 of each.

Repro
1. Create a new user and enable perm "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" to the user. 
2. Logon as user created at step 
1. Create a new lead. Click Convert button. 
-> User is forwarded to lead convert page. 
3. Select Create new Account. Click Convert button continuously 
-> After lead convert is finished, you'll notice multiple accounts, contacts, opportunities are created.

Workaround
Disable the perm "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and instruct users to click the Convert button only once. Notice that disabling the perm by itself doesn't address this issue if the user clicks multiple times on the Convert button in quick succession.

Thanks,
Raj

All Answers

Maharajan CMaharajan C
I found a solution for this...

Thanks,
Raj
Nihar SharmaNihar Sharma
Hi Maharaja

how did you solve it ?

my issue is screen for contact selection is automatically skipped but i want that screen

can you help me out ?

Thanks
-Nihar
Kathleen IvanoffKathleen Ivanoff
Maharaja, how did you resolve your issue? We are occasionally seeing duplicate opportunities created at lead conversion.
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Kathleen,

We have a problem due to the below reason but we have to think what issue you have :

Summary
If a User goes to Lead Convert page and clicks the Convert button repeatedly, it is creating multiple Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, instead of just 1 of each.

Repro
1. Create a new user and enable perm "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" to the user. 
2. Logon as user created at step 
1. Create a new lead. Click Convert button. 
-> User is forwarded to lead convert page. 
3. Select Create new Account. Click Convert button continuously 
-> After lead convert is finished, you'll notice multiple accounts, contacts, opportunities are created.

Workaround
Disable the perm "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and instruct users to click the Convert button only once. Notice that disabling the perm by itself doesn't address this issue if the user clicks multiple times on the Convert button in quick succession.

Thanks,
Raj
This was selected as the best answer