• Salesforce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have an object with custom fields "po_number" and "repair_cost" and would like to add a third field "total cost" calculated on the SUM of the repair_cost field for any records that have matching po_number fields.

Could I do some sort of read of the po_number field and then a loop? (I know this is not the proper syntax, I hope I'm getting the idea across though) i.e. FOR(VALUE in po_number) do SUM(repair_cost)

or could I read in the value of the po_number field on the current record, then calculate to total cost based on any matching values on other records?

Hi,

I trying to create a custom button on our custom object page that would call an external REST API. 
User-added image

When I tested it it gave me the "Unexpeced end of input" error.
Hello,

Do we have any way to get all Governor limits in my org e.g. Number of Objects, fields, workflow, validation rules, storage limits etc. I am interested in creating a report saying how soon am I going to exhaust the governor limits.

For each object, salesforce create a 'Object Limit' section. Is there any way we can access that object.

I know we can use Schema class to count fields for each objects. But still there will be a lot of overhead to calculate each limit manually.

Warm Regards,
Sujit
Hi @ all,
i have a Account with a relationship. The object is "Menu". Menu have "Master-Detail" to Account. One more object is "Menu item" This object have a "Master-Detail" to "Menu". Now I want to add the Liste of "Menu" at the Account Layout. This work without any problems. Now I want to add the "Menu Item" list in the list to "Menu" at the page layout from account.  The result should be that I can see all info at the account page to the menu and related menu items. Is this possible?

(I hope it is understandable, my english is not very good ;) )

Thanks,
​Lisa
I'm trying to make a Visualforce Email Template that uses fields from Opportunity, Opportunity Line Item (Product), and Person Account.  How can I use the Email, First Name, and Last Name fields on Person Account as recipient?

Thanks
Hi,

I have an object with custom fields "po_number" and "repair_cost" and would like to add a third field "total cost" calculated on the SUM of the repair_cost field for any records that have matching po_number fields.

Could I do some sort of read of the po_number field and then a loop? (I know this is not the proper syntax, I hope I'm getting the idea across though) i.e. FOR(VALUE in po_number) do SUM(repair_cost)

or could I read in the value of the po_number field on the current record, then calculate to total cost based on any matching values on other records?

Hello,

I am new in this Organization and I would like to have a clear picture of what objects / fields are mostly used by users so to track the business process ( if possible )

Anybody has any idea, whether with workbench or any other alternative to see what are users commonly using, which triggers are commonly being triggered every day, which templates / quote templates are being sent out every day ( I guess this one I know how )

I would appreciate your ideas.

Thanks
Jon
We are using communities in our salesforce organization. Is it possible to control the visibility on chatter feed for standard and community users.

My requirement is to hide the feeds of standard (internal) users from community users. User A is an internal (Standard) user. User B is a chatter user. If user A is inserting a feed user B should not see that and Vice-versa.

Thanks
Hi,

I trying to create a custom button on our custom object page that would call an external REST API. 
User-added image

When I tested it it gave me the "Unexpeced end of input" error.
I have being trying now for a while for a solution to a problem I am facing on the cases object but I am unable to find any resolution. I am simply trying to make multiple fields on the cas object mandatory before a case can be closed, not when a case is saved as there are multiple steps involved. 

Does anyone have any solution to this? 
  • November 03, 2016
Hi,

I want to lock my record using apex coding. I have tried using "Approval.LockResult[] lrList = Approval.lock(recordID);"  from the link(https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter16/release-notes/rn_apex_approval_locks_unlocks.htm). But it's locked the record in API version 35 and it's not locking the record in API version 38. How can i acheve this ? Any one can help me ?
What is the use Database.Stateful in batch Apex ? Can some one explain with an example please.
I want to get all opportunities that are not assigned any task from last week and i want to display those opportunity names with command link in visualforce page, when i click those opportunities, opportunity details will be displayed for this scenario i am writing some code. In this code  i am fetching all the tasks whatids and store that ids into another list but it throws error like "Incompatible argument type List<Opportunity> for All method on List<Id>" can any one help me to resolve this error.

my class
public class getoppsoftask {
public date d=date.today();
    List<Task> oppids=[SELECT Whatid FROM Task];
     List<Opportunity> opplist=[SELECT ID, Name FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName!='Closed'];
   List<id> opids=new List<id>();
     opids.addAll(opplist);

}

This problem seems to start when I run a new test from the developer console, change the code, then do a rerun of the test.  I did an error that the Id doesn't exist but yet it seems to start TWO tests, one that seems to run forever, and the retry with the expected failure.

I get no debug logs after this even after hours of waiting.

I tried to abort the running test but it says that I have to wait for it to finish.

I tried deleting all the debug logs to make sure that it was a space issue and then restarted the developer console.

Tried going a new test but the debug log doesn't appear.

I then tried running the test from the Setup menu and looked at the Debug Logs and there are still NONE.

Anyone else seeing this problem?  Any other work around to this problem?   Anyone know how long these tests are allowed to run before they get reset.

I notice that after a week.  It works again but only works for the first new test, then the rerun fails in the same way again!
Hi.  I am taknig a Salesforce Admin class and I'm trying to complete one of the exercises in my LEX development environment.  

-The sales path next and back button froze on step 2......the next and back button does nothing when you click on it

-When I refresh the page I loose all the data I entered and I have to start the new sales path all over from the beginning of step 1. The step 1 next button works but the step 2 next button still does not work.

-Tried clicking setup to start over by clicking on new sales path and everything works until you try to click next on Step 2. 

-Tried this in Safari and had the exact same problem in Chrome.

Have you run into this issue before? How can I fix this?
When logging a call- is there a field i can add to enter duration of call in minutes

Hi,
I am new to Sales force. I have a query while migrating meta data of Sales force Org(PRD) to Another Org(PRD). 
Can we have a Rollback chance for Migrated/Deployed Meta data using Force.com IDE?
I mean it is like versioning. Can we revert back to previous version of Meta data?

Thanks,
Vijay Kodali.
Sales force Developer.