• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All, 

I am trying to design a schedule class which updates the lookup fields on the custom object based on the look up fields selected in Account.

This custom object is related to Account?.

I am stuck if I have to choose a for loop or a soql query nested inside the execute method or the schedule class?

Please give me some ideas.

Thank you
Abhi
Hello All, 

Is it possible to have a custom search bar designed with the auto populate feature?
I want to accomplish this on a custom object which is similar to contact?

Idea: something like an account is selected and then the search bar feature should have the autopupulate feature for the related contacts?

Thank you 
Venkat
Hello All,

I am trying to design a console where the first block of it contains a custom object "Store" something similar to Account. I want a list of Associates(custom object similar to contacts) in the same section of the block. 

Could anyone give me the idea for a vf page of the list of associates on the store object:

I have the following code and the error:
<apex:page standardController="Store__C">
<apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}!">
We are viewing the Associates for this <b>{!Store.name}</b> Store.
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlock title="Associates">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Store_c.Associates}" var="Ass.">
<apex:column value="{!con.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!con.Lastname}"/>
<apex:column value="{!con.Phone}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:page>

and getting the error : Error: Unknown property 'Store__cStandardController.Store

Thank you
Venkat
Hello ,

I am desigining visual force pages to add them as components onto the console of salesforce.

I have situation where one of my custom objects has a picklist field "Interaction Type" with values Inbound call, outbound call, intercom, etc.
I want this as a visualforce compononet which displays the field and the values together and can possibly choose one of the values.

How could I achieve this?

Thank you
Venkat
Hello All,

I am trying to design a console where the first block of it contains a custom object "Store" something similar to Account. I want a list of Associates(custom object similar to contacts) in the same section of the block. 

Could anyone give me the idea for a vf page of the list of associates on the store object:

I have the following code and the error:
<apex:page standardController="Store__C">
<apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}!">
We are viewing the Associates for this <b>{!Store.name}</b> Store.
<apex:pageBlock title="Associates">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Store_c.Associates}" var="Ass.">
<apex:column value="{!con.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!con.Lastname}"/>
<apex:column value="{!con.Phone}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

and getting the error : Error: Unknown property 'Store__cStandardController.Store

Thank you
Venkat
By no means am I a coder/developer but I was excited to have made it this far. I am literally having trouble with this last step and I am not sure how I am to format my code. The goal is to:
  1. Make the class global, implement the Batchable interface, and define the three methods of the interface​
  2. Declare three instance variables to store the query, the email subject, and the email body
  3. Define a constructor implemented
  4. Implement the start() method 
  5. Implement the execute() 
I am not sure if these tasks were to be executed seperately or combined within the code all together. Here is where I'm at:

User-added image

Any help is greatly appreciated!
The challenge (aka "Hello Kitty"):
Upload a specified zip file as a static resource. The zip will have directories with images and you have to display a specific image on a Visualforce page.The page must be named 'ShowImage'.
This file must be uploaded as a Static Resource named 'vfimagetest'.
The page must have a Visualforce apex:image tag that displays the 'kitten1.jpg' image from the 'cats' directory of the static resource.

I have uploaded vfimagetest and made it public. I unzipped the file (maybe my first mistake) and can see the kitten1.jpg file. My code is:
<apex:page>
  <apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.vfimagetest,'images/kitten1.jpg')}" width="50" height="50"/>
The code saves; however, I cannot see the file. I know that I am missing something simple. If someone can assist, I can start my self flogging in earnest. Thanks. 
Hi All,

We have had a managed package for a couple of years that works alongside an external app which does remote depoyments using the Metadata API. Specifically the external app creates custom fields in 2 custom objects of the package.

These two custom objects are in a Master-Details relationship, and the OWD are Public Read/Write for the master one, and Controlled By Parent on the detail/child one.

The remote deplyments via the Metadata API use the File deployment, and in the XML for the detail/child object we always included the XML:
<sharingModel>ControlledByParent</sharingModel>

In the last couple of weeks this has been causing the remote deployments via the Metadata API to fail with the following message:
Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

It looks that something has changed in the way the Metadata API works. Could somebody shed some light into it ?

Thanks
Fernando

• September 15, 2014