Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are implementing CI/CD setup. The components involved are
- GitLab
- Jenkins
- SFDX CLI

we are already few releases deployed in Prod and want to streamline package development model using SFDX CLI/Jenkins CI/CD setup.

The pipleline for pushing builds has been created on Jenkins and works well. Developers are also well connected with GitLab.

As GIT and Jenkins administrator, the challenge I am facing is regarding GITFlow.

I give you a scenario.

Lets say we are already on Release 1.0 on Prod. And we we are preparing for Release 2.0.

1. What should be the starting point for developers (Around 20)? The reason for asking this question is the master or main Branch does not contain currently all the custom metadata delivered in prod. After release 1.0 there were some hotfix changes so the master branch contains metadata concerning the hotfix.

2. What is the common practice followed for release management? for example after Release 1.0 my assumption is master branch should have all the code/custom metadata present as per prod. And when developers start working on any feature what they first should do is GIT Clone to pull all the custom metadata (R 1.0 specific) on their local and then start on R 2.0 by creating a feature branch followed by test on scratch orgs and then merging on Dev branch.

3. What will the content of Master branch when we are ready for R2.0? Would it be all the custom metadata for R1.0 and R2.0 together or it would only be incremental R2.0 specific metadata?

I tried to search google and various flow diagrams etc but these basic questions still bothering me. Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Verma
We are migrating from a Partner Portal to a Community, and from legacy Gold Partner (GP) licenses to Customer Community Plus (CCP) licenses. User X is a CCP user attached to an Account with a bunch of other GP users.

When X logs into the Community, she can see the Contacts she is supposed to see in the list view, but when she clicks on any Contact, she gets an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

I loaded up one of the Contacts she is supposed to be able to access, and clicked Sharing -> Expand List. I verified that User X appears in the list of users who have access to the Contact. That is because User X is in a Group with the owner of the Contact, and a sharing rule was created that shares Contacts owned by anyone in the group with the rest of the group. Note that the owner of the Contact is a GP User.

External Sharing is enabled. Default Internal/External access on Contacts is set to Private. "Grant Access to Hierarchies" is also checked.

So: the Sharing list says that the Contact is visible to the user, but User X still gets Insufficient Privileges. The GP users see Contacts just fine, regardless of whether they are logged into the Community or the Portal. This might be related to this issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YZgAAM but that issue is marked as Fixed, meaning that if permissions are correctly set up (as I believe they are in my case), the User should see Contacts just fine, so I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help.
HI All, 

So after much frustration on this ... 
Can someone help me . 
I have tried using CLIq and that didn't work for me.  
I am trying to run Data Loader via Command Line and I get this error.

Process-conf (file)
---------------------
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>

<bean id="extractEP" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner" singleton="false">
            <description>Export Widgets to CSV </description>
            <property name="name" value="extractEP" />
            <property name="configOverrideMap">
                <map>
                    <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
                    <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
                    <entry key="sfdc.Server host" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>

<!-- Your login ID goes on the nextline. -->
                    <entry key="sfdc.username" value="xxx@xxxx.com"/>

<!-- Your password that was generated using encrypt.bat utility goes between the value quotes on the next line. -->
                    <entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxxx"/>

<!-- Change the next line to match the path to your key file -->
                    <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Users\jbolanos\.dataloader\dataLoader.key"/>

<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                    <entry key="sfdc.useBulkApi" value="true"/>
                    <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="500"/>
                       <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="10000"/>

<!--  Change the next line to match the Salesforce object you with to extract -->
            <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Epic_Policy__c"/>

<!-- Change the SOQL statement in the next line to get the fields you want from the above obect -->
                    <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id FROM Epic_Policy__c"/>

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<!-- Change the next line to the path and file that you wish to save the extract to.  -->
            <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\dataloader\extract.csv"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                  </map>
            </property>
    </bean>

</beans>

-----------------------------

c:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>process c:\dataloader extractEP
2018-09-18 09:11:30,784 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:496) - Using built-in logging configuration, no log-conf.xml in C:\Users\jbolanos\AppData\Local\salesforce.com\Data Loader 43.0.0\conf\log-conf.xml
2018-09-18 09:11:30,788 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:498) - The log has been initialized
2018-09-18 09:11:30,790 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:104) - Loading process configuration from config file: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml
2018-09-18 09:11:30,846 INFO  [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:495) - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@18f9dd6: startup date [Tue Sep 18 09:11:30 PDT 2018]; root of context hierarchy
2018-09-18 09:11:30,876 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml]
2018-09-18 09:11:30,877 ERROR [main] process.ProcessConfig getProcessInstance (ProcessConfig.java:96) - Error loading process: extractEP configuration from config file: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from file [c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:341)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:174)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:209)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:180)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:243)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:127)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:131)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:522)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:436)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:140)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:84)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getBeanFactory(ProcessConfig.java:111)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:93)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:300)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:286)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:259)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.core.io.FileSystemResource.getInputStream(FileSystemResource.java:113)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)
        ... 17 more
2018-09-18 09:11:30,879 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:251) - Failed to create process
com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ProcessInitializationException: Error loading process: extractEP configuration from config file: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml

at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:97)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:300)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:286)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:259)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from file [c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:341)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:174)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:209)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:180)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:243)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:127)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:131)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:522)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:436)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:140)
        at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:84)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getBeanFactory(ProcessConfig.java:111)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:93)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\dataloader\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.core.io.FileSystemResource.getInputStream(FileSystemResource.java:113)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)
        ... 17 more
c:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>

Hi Folks, 
I need to export Salesforce Data to FTP Server in Schedule and Real time manner. 
But except Dataloader.io.
Please advise

Thanks.
  • February 16, 2018
In Organization-Wide Sharing Defaults I can see Standard Objects but it Shows few Custom Objects only.I Can't find some Custom Objects in OWD.Kindly give an Explanation on this.
Thanks in Advance!
Hi everyone,
I've got some issues using data loader from the command line.
I follow all steps described in the data loader guide and the procedure works fine!
Now I 'd like to set up the config.properties file to avoid inserting every time the infos of endpoint, password and username.
I 've created the properties file in this way 
#Loader Config
#Thu Sep 10 09:37:47 PDT 2009
sfdc.endpoint=https://login.salesforce.com
sfdc.username=xxx@yyyy.it.dev
process.encryptionKeyFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\password.txt
sfdc.password=7c70f134b4e7542523a22faf15569753671ea416756a75db
but when I throw the process in command line I receive  the following error
2016-10-14 17:25:39,951 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:389) - Using built-in logging configuration, no log-conf.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\log-conf.xml
2016-10-14 17:25:39,967 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:391) - The log has been initialized
2016-10-14 17:25:39,967 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:104) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\process-conf.xml
2016-10-14 17:25:40,139 INFO  [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:495) - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@a30797: startup date [Fri Oct 14 17:25:40 CEST 2016]; root of context hierarchy
2016-10-14 17:25:40,233 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\process-conf.xml]
2016-10-14 17:25:40,311 INFO  [main] support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons (DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:557) - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6e2eef: defining beans [ANTAW01F_Upsert]; root of factory hierarchy
2016-10-14 17:25:40,451 INFO  [ANTAW01F_Upsert] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:327) - config dir created at C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf
2016-10-14 17:25:40,467 ERROR [ANTAW01F_Upsert] config.Config initEncryption (Config.java:756) - Error initializing encryption for key file C:Program Files (x86)salesforce.comdata loaderbinpassword.txt: Cannot Access Key File: C:Program Files (x86)salesforce.comdata loaderbinpassword.txt
2016-10-14 17:25:40,467 FATAL [ANTAW01F_Upsert] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process ANTAW01F_Upsert
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitializationException: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\config.properties.  Please make sure that it exists and is readable
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:112)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:100)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:253)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitializationException: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\config.properties.  Please make sure that it exists and is readable
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.initConfig(Controller.java:360)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.<init>(Controller.java:110)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.getInstance(Controller.java:212)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:110)
	... 2 more
I 've put the config.properties file in samples folder ( in data loader directory) and I checked many times it exists and it's readable!
Like I said before storing this information in process-conf.xml (without using config.properties file) the procedure works perfectly, so I'm asking where Am I wrong??
Any ideas?
Thanks in advace.
Alex

Hi everyone,
I've got some issues using data loader from the command line.
I follow all steps described in the data loader guide and the procedure works fine!
Now I 'd like to set up the config.properties file to avoid inserting every time the infos of endpoint, password and username.
I 've created the properties file in this way 
#Loader Config
#Thu Sep 10 09:37:47 PDT 2009
sfdc.endpoint=https://login.salesforce.com
sfdc.username=xxx@yyyy.it.dev
process.encryptionKeyFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\password.txt
sfdc.password=7c70f134b4e7542523a22faf15569753671ea416756a75db
but when I throw the process in command line I receive  the following error
2016-10-14 17:25:39,951 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:389) - Using built-in logging configuration, no log-conf.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\log-conf.xml
2016-10-14 17:25:39,967 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:391) - The log has been initialized
2016-10-14 17:25:39,967 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:104) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\process-conf.xml
2016-10-14 17:25:40,139 INFO  [main] support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh (AbstractApplicationContext.java:495) - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext@a30797: startup date [Fri Oct 14 17:25:40 CEST 2016]; root of context hierarchy
2016-10-14 17:25:40,233 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\process-conf.xml]
2016-10-14 17:25:40,311 INFO  [main] support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons (DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:557) - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@6e2eef: defining beans [ANTAW01F_Upsert]; root of factory hierarchy
2016-10-14 17:25:40,451 INFO  [ANTAW01F_Upsert] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:327) - config dir created at C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf
2016-10-14 17:25:40,467 ERROR [ANTAW01F_Upsert] config.Config initEncryption (Config.java:756) - Error initializing encryption for key file C:Program Files (x86)salesforce.comdata loaderbinpassword.txt: Cannot Access Key File: C:Program Files (x86)salesforce.comdata loaderbinpassword.txt
2016-10-14 17:25:40,467 FATAL [ANTAW01F_Upsert] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process ANTAW01F_Upsert
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitializationException: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\config.properties.  Please make sure that it exists and is readable
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:112)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:100)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:253)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitializationException: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin\..\samples\conf\config.properties.  Please make sure that it exists and is readable
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.initConfig(Controller.java:360)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.<init>(Controller.java:110)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.getInstance(Controller.java:212)
	at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:110)
	... 2 more
I 've put the config.properties file in samples folder ( in data loader directory) and I checked many times it exists and it's readable!
Like I said before storing this information in process-conf.xml (without using config.properties file) the procedure works perfectly, so I'm asking where Am I wrong??
Any ideas?
Thanks in advace.
Alex