• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know that when an email bounces from a contact, a bounce reason and bounce date are populated, which prompt the 'Confirm Email Address' message to appear 

User-added image

Does anyone know of a way to modify this flag message? For example if i wanted to say 'Invalid Email Address' rather than 'Confirm Email Address'

Best,
Grant Ongstad
Hello Everyone,

I have a Web Tab that points to an external web application our Salesteam uses. The issue is, when they leave the tab the page does not remember where they last navigated, and just routes them back to the original URL. Is there a way to remember where they last navigated to?
Hello everyone,
We have the need for users to be able to edit a campaign from the list view and add a parent campaign. The issue is these parent campaigns need to stay inactive but the user is unable to pull up an inactive campaign from the list view:
User-added image

I was wondering if there was a way to relax the restriction or add a condition to this lookup, similar to the standard parent campaign lookup on the campaign object:
User-added image

Hello community!

Current Issue: My org uses a custom object that allows a contact to belong to multiple accounts, in addition to that, the object also allows you to relate the same contact to the same account many times - We do this because we have several purposes for the same contact - they might be a sales contact for one department and invoice contact for another.

I was exploring Contact to Multiple Accounts functionality and i noticed that you cannot relate the same contact more than once on an account. Is there a way to override this validation?
Hello Everybody,

I am currently testing duplicate rules in Salesforce.

I have a custom lead conversion class and currently when I try to convert a lead but a similar account already exists, I recieve an error message and the insert fails. This is troublesome because when my trigger converts multiple leads, they will all fail if one of them is a duplicate.

Is there a way to ignore the error message and still convert a lead even if there is a duplicate, however I would still like to flag these accounts so that someone can merge them later.

Best,
Grant Ongstad
Hello Developers,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. 

I have a future apex class that Updates the Opportunity Owner based on certain, and sometimes complex criteria.

Due to the nature of the class, sometimes the Opportunity Owner takes a few seconds to update but after a few refreshes, I'll see that the code has done its job.

What I have been tasked to do is to notify Super Users when the Opportunity Owner does not change, but remains Owned by our default 'Data Migration' User.

I tried creating a workflow that sends an email when the Opportunity OwnerID = Data Migration ID, but since the Owner ID takes a while to change the email is sent no matter what.

Is there a way to verify that the Apex Update has been done BEFORE checking for the Condition to send an email?

Best,
Grant
I know that when an email bounces from a contact, a bounce reason and bounce date are populated, which prompt the 'Confirm Email Address' message to appear 

User-added image

Does anyone know of a way to modify this flag message? For example if i wanted to say 'Invalid Email Address' rather than 'Confirm Email Address'

Best,
Grant Ongstad
Hi All,

I'm new to apex coding and wrote my first trigger. I'm not sure how to go about writing a test class. I read up a couple of different forums but haven't been able to figure it out.

trigger OpenRepairs on Repair_History__c (before insert, before update) {
    for (Repair_History__c R: Trigger.new) {
        if (R.Status__c == 'Closed') {
            R.OpenRepair__c = null;
        } else if (R.Status__c == 'Closed - Traded In') {
            R.OpenRepair__c = null;
        } else if (R.Status__c == 'Closed - Return Unrepair') {
            R.OpenRepair__c = null;
        } else if (R.Account__c != null) {
            R.OpenRepair__c = R.Account__c;
        }
    }
}
Hello community!

Current Issue: My org uses a custom object that allows a contact to belong to multiple accounts, in addition to that, the object also allows you to relate the same contact to the same account many times - We do this because we have several purposes for the same contact - they might be a sales contact for one department and invoice contact for another.

I was exploring Contact to Multiple Accounts functionality and i noticed that you cannot relate the same contact more than once on an account. Is there a way to override this validation?
Hello Everybody,

I am currently testing duplicate rules in Salesforce.

I have a custom lead conversion class and currently when I try to convert a lead but a similar account already exists, I recieve an error message and the insert fails. This is troublesome because when my trigger converts multiple leads, they will all fail if one of them is a duplicate.

Is there a way to ignore the error message and still convert a lead even if there is a duplicate, however I would still like to flag these accounts so that someone can merge them later.

Best,
Grant Ongstad