• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi folks,

Does any one know if it's possible to set parent id parameter in e.force:createRecord event in Lightning Component or any workaround for this?

I have two custom objects in a master (Project)-detail (Task) relationship. I want to override the OOTB New button on the Tasks related list. When I click a custom Quick Action button from the Project page to create a new Task, I do some validation first and then if success I'd like to forward the user to the create new Task page with the parent field for Project to be populated like it works with the out of the box New button on the related list. Because the parent id is not being passed, when the new Task form gets loaded, the parent field appears open in the search mode and the user has to select the parent record which is very inconvenient. 

Would anyone have a suggestion? Thankyou in advance
  • March 28, 2017
I am using standard force:createRecord to create Account. but I dont get create window when I clcik on a button.
I am hosting this lightning app from a VF page (as I want to overide standard button). I have written handler for createRecord event.

But when I host this lightning component from left navigation panel then it works. Please advise what am I missing?.
VF Page :

<apex:page standardController="Account" standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">

<apex:includeLightning />
<apex:includeScript value="/lightning/lightning.out.js" /> 
    <div id="lightning" />

<script>
        $Lightning.use("c:TestClientCreationApp", function() {
          $Lightning.createComponent("c:TestClientCreation",
          { },
          "lightning",
          function(cmp) {
            // do some stuff
          });
        });
    </script>
</apex:page>

Lightning App : c:TestClientCreationApp

<aura:application access="Global" extends="ltng:outApp" implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes">

<ltng:require styles="/resource/SLDS201/assets/styles/salesforce-lightning-design-system-ltng.css" />
     <ltng:require styles="/resource/SLDS201/assets/styles/salesforce-lightning-design-system-vf.min.css" />

<aura:dependency resource="c:TestClientCreation"/>
 </aura:application>

Lightning Component : TestClientCreation

<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,force:hasRecordId,force:hasSObjectName" access="global" controller="ThemeCLass">

<aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />
<aura:dependency resource="markup://force:createRecord" type="EVENT" />
<aura:handler event="force:createRecord" action="{!c.createClient}" />

<ui:button class="slds-button slds-button--brand" aura:id="btnCreateClient" press="{!c.showCreateClientModal}" label="">Create New Client </ui:button> 
</aura:component>

TestClientCreation Js Controller :

showCreateClientModal : function (component, event, helper) {

var createRecordEvent = $A.get("e.force:createRecord");
         createRecordEvent.setParams({
            "entityApiName": "Account"
        });
        createRecordEvent.fire();

},

createClient : function (component, event, helper) {

console.log('Yay');

}