• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created an user using external identity license. But looks like the user is only able to login in the community not in salesforce (login.salesforce.com)
Hi all,
Recently we purchased external identity licenses as you can see in the sceeen capture;
User-added image

But while adding new users, I do not see an option to select external Identity license.

User-added image
Anyone has any idea whats going on?

Thanks in advance!
Quick win !
 Hello there,

we are migrating asp.net users to salesforce user object. What would be the best way to do this without having to mass password reset. We could use setpassword() API call to set a default password. Since in in sql the user password is hashed, we won't able to keep the same password in salesforce. Any recommendations how can we handle this issue? We don't want customer to get email notification for resetting password.

thanks
mahmud
  • September 13, 2017
Hi all,
 I want to create an external identity user. I signed up for free Dev org but while creating users I don't see external identity options in the drop down. Am I missing anything ?

thanks !
  • September 07, 2017
Hi,  

Salesforce authenticates users by a username that is determined by their email address. Is there any other way other than email we can authenticate our external identity users?

Thanks,
Mahmudk
  • September 06, 2017
Hello experts ,
We have a learning Management portals (LMS) with different type of online courses. We are trying to use Salesforce as an idP to give students access to LMS portals. Currently, We are using aspnet identity so all of the users(students) are stored in the sql database. We are planning to migrate the users by capturing username and password as they enter in the existing login page. And provision the user in salesforce using API calls in the backend.
Here are the steps we can think of to implement the project. Salesforce will be used just as a Identity Provider in the background and not giving student direct access to salesforce.
  1. User try to login in ASP.net site (www.mysite.com/login)
  2. Capture username and password, check if the user exist in Salesforce (Using OAuth 2.0)
  3. If the user exist, get what courses(product) they purchased. We can query Asset objects in salesforce to get the courses they own.
  4. Display the student the list of courses they have purchased (in a ASP.net page).
  5. Once the student click on the course links or maybe they bookmarked the link. we need to give them SSO experience to the course-portal using salesforce identity.
  6.  if the student does not exist in salesforce then provision new user in salesforce capturing username and password.
Features to manage the students in salesforce (ie terminate a student from accessing the course portal).

Is there any better way to do this project? Any suggestion or recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mahmud

Hi, i am working with soap API to authenticated users but I see there's various ways to get sessionid. For example calling out soap end point (https://login.saleforce.com/services/soap/c/35.0) OR using enterprise wsdl calling login api. What is the difference between these two and which one should I use. Any suggestion or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I have configured my external web application as connected app. When I logout from Salesforce, I want to send logout notification to my web application. It calls my logout URL provided in connected app, but I want to send user id as part of logout URL, so that I can identify the user who tries to logout & clear all session details from my external application. This value is dynamic based on logged in user.

My Question is : Is it possible to append sales force user id or federated in the logout URL? Because, without current user details, my application doesnt know which user to logout. If possible how to acheive this.
Thanks.
Hi all,
 I want to create an external identity user. I signed up for free Dev org but while creating users I don't see external identity options in the drop down. Am I missing anything ?

thanks !
  • September 07, 2017
Hi,  

Salesforce authenticates users by a username that is determined by their email address. Is there any other way other than email we can authenticate our external identity users?

Thanks,
Mahmudk
  • September 06, 2017
Hi all,

We are trying to create a form in our company's wesite which is built in PHP, provide user a form that will then let the user login to the partner portal we have.

I tried posting https://cs4.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=XXXXXXXX&portalId=XXXXXX&un=test@example.com.wbsn.int&pw=password123 and this logs me to the portal fine but I feel like this is not a right way to authenticate the login process.

Is there any REST API or anything that I can use to do a SSO login from my website?

I tried using https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/intro_understanding_username_password_oauth_flow.htm but that didnt work for us. Any suggestions would be helpful.
After upgrading to iOS SalesForceSDKCore v5.2.0 now my POST API does not work.
It's givingthis error, 
errorCode = "INVALID_CONTENT_TYPE";
message = "Missing Content-Type HTTP header";

The query parameters are like this:

Status=Planned&aUserID=0055C000000ExaoQAC&endDate=1504029480000&startDate=1504027680000&accID=001U000000UQTZcIAP&IsPrivate=false&EventObjective=Development&CancellationReason=&AlldayEvent=false&FixedEvent=true&EventType=Visit

Any idae?

I have written an Apex REST service, that is accessed via a SFDC site and is accessed anonymously. A recent change (not sure if a user changed something or if the change was on SFDC's side) resulted in the result set returning zeros records. All the API does is perform a SOQL query and return a result. When hitting the API without authentication, I recieve a status of 200 but zero records returned. If I include authentication, I recieve a 200 with records returned.  This worked, without authentication, as of a week ago. The odd thing is that there is no security error... the response is a 200 error. The only difference between the two cases is sending the request with authentication, and the response with that authentication returns records, the others does not. 

Note, the record being queried is a 'case.'

Do you have any ideas how to configure SFDC so that a record is returned (without authentication)?
  • August 25, 2017
Hello, 

I was asked to take a stab at implementing another system with Salesforce which will pull information from Salesforce Opportunity object into their mobile app. Since this is my very first time working with API's, I'm extremely lost on where to start. 

I read bunch of articles and the developer guide to understand the different API's and their use. However, my confusing is on what the first step is, I should be taking.

Problems or task at hand: We are looking at a mobile Timecard application, where users will use the app to login and pull up a Opportunity record (I'm guessing this is just the name of opportunity) and stamp their time to clock in and out of a job. I was provided with their TimeCard SOAP API documentation to take a look at the api's and the library. 

Questions
1. What is the first step should I be doing? (If I'm not wrong, I believe we will also be updating few fields on Opportunity after they have entered their time to clock in or out. If not Oppostunity record, then related object to Opportunity) 
2. What questions should I be asking them (the developer from Timecard app)? 
3. Do I write a webservice, generate Apex WSDL and give it to them? (Assuming data needs to go from Salesforce to their system)
4. I don't have any experience in .NET, do I need to? 
5. Why do I need to look at their API documentation? Are they assuming that I will be writing code on their end? Again, going back what should I be asking them? How does this usually work?
6. What do I do with the WSDL file when they give me their, if they do (steps by steps)? 

As you can tell I have never worked with webservices and api's but I think this is a very good opportunity for me to learn hands on and work with it. Even though it is very short amount of time to soak everything up, I am hoping someone will guide me to the right direction. Also, I do not have any mentor or go to person to ask since I'm the solo Salesforce person working here. SO, I will be needing lots of help. Any guidance will be truly appreciated! 

Thank you.