• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All,

I am new to the coding world and would like some assistance in understanding how to achieve this;

I have a custom object -- Opportunity Lines, a master detail of Opportunity object
I would like to create a custom button on the opportunity record page layout that would guide users through a wizard that would create a parent record, Purchase Order, and then display Opportunity Line records in a table manner that then allows users to select multiple records to create Purchase Order Product records. 

I know this is bigger than I am skilled to take on however would like some guidance on how to begin if possible? I have all the objects and fields created (easiest part) however am just missing this last piece of the requirement. 

Thanks!
Hello All,

I am attempting to replicate a part of our legacy program within Salesforce Opportunity object--having a related list that displays product line items and comments in between lines. I've been searching for a solution however haven't had much luck. 

I am considering a custom solution that would combine Opportunity Products related list and another related list, Comments related list, and am wondering if and how this can be achieved?
Hello All,

I am attempting to replicate a part of our legacy program within Salesforce Opportunity object--having a related list that displays product line items and comments in between lines. I've been searching for a solution however haven't had much luck. 

I am considering a custom solution that would combine Opportunity Products related list and another related list, Comments related list, and am wondering if and how this can be achieved?
So the structure I have is this:

Record of Custom Object Type A has a related list of multiple records of Custom Object Type B.

And this is what I'm looking to do:

Object Type B has a Currency field, and Object Type A has a field that is inteded to be the Sum of that Currency field for all records in the related list. Whenever any record of Object Type B is updated, I need the Sum field on Object Type A to calculate the new sum. (Essentially it is a rollup sum, but I cannot use a rollup field because these do not have a Master-Detail relationship.)

Example:

Initial State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 100
    • Related ObjectB Record 1 CurrencyField = 50
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 30
    • Related ObjectB Record 3 CurrencyField = 20
User Action:
  • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField is changed from 30 to 80
Desired End State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 150
    • Related ObjectB Record 1 CurrencyField = 50
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 80
    • Related ObjectB Record 3 CurrencyField = 20
I am beginner :  Not able to solve Trailhead challange for-Developer Beginner :Process Automation-Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder
"
Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge."

What I had tried 
Deleted validation rule on contact  from previous challange.
 Using Process builder created new Process with below details
Object: Account
Criteria:'Update Address' with condidtion

Field: selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country
Operator: Ischanged
Type: boolean
value: true

Condition:
Any condition met (OR)

For Immediate action
Action name: Mailing address change
Records: Account.contacts
Criteria for Updating Records:No criteria—just update the records!

Set new field values for the records you update:

Field: selected Mailing street, city, state,postalcode and country
Type: Reference
value:  selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country

after this saved and activated. So Once I check challange got below error:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."

So Please help.