• Member since 2017
  • Lightframe.co

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The documentation leaves the impression that the force:inputField component is capable of rendering the appropriate UI for any type of field (almost like "magic"), as no restrictions are mentioned and no supported type list exists.

My questions:
  1. Is my expectiotaion that it should be able to handle any type of field on any sObject realistic? If not, can anyone share more information on what is fully supported, what is not, any issues and workarounds you had, and so on?
  2. Are there some other restictions or problematic integrations, like say binding to records loaded with force:recordPreview (Lightning Data Services)?
My experimentation with a very simple stand-alone Lightning app shows that while it works with some simple types of fields, like Account.Name (of type Name), Account.SLAExpirationDate (of type Date), it seems to have issues with more complex types of fields, like Account.ParentId (of type Lookup(User)) and Account.Industry (of type Picklist).

Here's what a force:inputField bound to Account.ParentId looks like in my simple stand-alone Lightning app (and it doesn't seem to work either):
User-added image
Here's the sole app component's source:
<aura:component controller="TestController">
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />    
	<aura:attribute name="account" type="Account" default="{ 'sobjectType': 'Account' }"/>

<h1>Parent Account</h1>
	<force:inputField value="{!v.account.ParentId}"/>
</aura:component>
doInit in the controller just gets an account from an Apex controller and sets the result to the attribute with `cmp.set('v.account', account)`.

Regarding my second question, as soon as I add a force:inputField to a context-aware lightning component (one implementing the force:hasRecordId interface) and bound to the Name field of an Account loaded with force:recordPreview my component renders completely blank, the Chrome debugger not pausing on any (even caught) JavaScript exceptions.

I also found some reports of other issues with force:inputField.
I have a requirement in the lightning quick actions. When I click on the action it should open in a new window, 

The Problem is for the first time it is working absolutely fine. but for the next time if want to use the same action again. I could not able to do.

The lightning component I used here is 

Here is Code.
({
    doInit : function(component) {
        var recordId =component.get("v.recordId")
         urlEvent.setParams({
          "url": '/'+url
        });
        urlEvent.fire();
	}
})

Thanks

If something goes wrong in lightning component and I go back to component bundle and mofidy the logic there and save and comeback to browser and refresh the page and execute the component , But the component is sometimes displaying the same old logic. Is it because the Javascript handler code is being cached in browser or any other reason. I am able to look at the new logic in browser after making three or four refreshes.
Hi All,

I have developed a Reusable Dropdown Component where in admins can select the datasource ,dropdown type(Single select or multi select) based on requirement.

If i us ethe same component twice in same page then the latest value overrides the previous value.

That is
CASE 1:DropDown with Single select and data source is List of opportunities.
CASE 2:DropDown with Multi select and data source is List of Contacts.

Thanks
Arjun.M
I realized that salesforce doesnot provide any option to customize quaterly performance component. Has anyone tried devloping a smillar custom lightning componet with editing in Quaterly performance chart. 
Hello everyone,

I have just enabled Locker Service in one of my Sandboxes to try and find any problems.

I have watched some videos and came across 2 methods for testing my org but i am new to development and am having a hard time interpreting what to do next.

The first is this website, which doesn't seem to be checking my org but rather stating components that will break (or not break) after the locker service is turned on. 

http://www.auraframework.org/lockerApiTest/index.app?aura.mode=DEV

The next way is to install an app called Heroku, which to my understanding will check my org for at risk code. I find the Heroku app very intimidating as i have never used such a program.

Questions:
How would you all go about testing your system for issues caused by Locker Service?
If i am to use the Auraframework.org website, how do i interpret the pages and update my code?
If Heroku is the best way, could someone point me to some publications on how to use Heroku for this particular situation?

Thank you in advance

Our company uses IE11 as our standard browser.  Does "Internet Explorer 11 doesn’t support CSP" mean our pages with Lightning components won't work or that our org won't be affected by the LockerService when we are using IE11?
I want to link on my orgs lightning home page that calls a visualforce page in a managed package for time entry.
In classic it is in the custom links section on the home page.

I know where the edit page button is but under custom components it says that I must "deploy domain".
Does anyone have any ideas?
User-added image
Today my Lightning sandbox is having some serious behavious issues. 
I run into following errors:
  • Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. An internal server error has occurred Error ID: 1986783592-9485 (1990134024)
  • Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'b' of null throws at https://cs88.lightning.force.com/auraFW/javascript/ywi4clSWfDw6pOdt8rkxkQ/aura_prod.js:268:162
When I refresh the window, the error disappears and I can continue working untill the next one appears, and so on.

Anyone have any clue what is happening? 
I want to show/hide properties (design attribute) dynamically,
Below is my design file, I want 'Text' visible if 'Button' type selected and if 'Image' type gets selected 'Image URL' should get visible.

<design:component >
    <design:attribute name="type" label="Type" datasource="Button,Image" />
    <design:attribute name="text" label="Text"/>
    <design:attribute name="imageUrl" label="Image URL"/>
</design:component>

Is it this possbile? Please let me know

Thanks,
  • January 17, 2017
we made a lightning component using liveagent for chat functionality, it was working until spring '17 was deployed. Then liveagent is undefined. Did anyone face similar issue? any solutions?