• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have a text field and would like to add a validation rule so users can only enter a certain set of characters in it. But my validation rule is failing with Syntax error here. Can someone help?

REGEX(field ,
"([a-zA-Z0-9 .?!,;:_@&/\'"`~()<>$#%])*")

Basically, it should allow alphanumeric characters including spaces AND any of the special characters that are listed here "Period
Question Mark
Exclamation Point
Comma
Semi-colon
Colon
Underscore
At Sign
Ampersand
Forward Slash
Back Slash
Apostrophe
Grave Accent
Tilde
Left Parenthesis
Right Parenthesis
Less Than
Greater Than
Dollar Sign
Pound/Number
Percent".

Regards
Amar
Hi

I have 4 textboxes like credit card number boxes. They all have different max lengths.

I have coded the below in the controller component but it is not working. Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong?

if (cmp.Find("offerCodePart1").length == cmp.Find("offerCodePart1").maxLength){
cmp.Find("offerCodePart2").focus();
}

Regards
Amar
Hi,

I am getting an error as below. Any help is appreciated.

"abc.cls gets user input from
element recordid. This input is later concatenated by the application directly into a string
variable containing SQL commands, without being validated. This string is then used in method
XXX to query the database select, at line 137 of forceapp/
main/default/classes/abc.cls, without any additional
filtering by the database. This could allow the user to tamper with the filter parameter."

112. public static string abc(String recordId) {

137. public static XXX(String recordId)
    {
153. Account act= [SELECT Id, Name, Member_Number__c, Phone FROM Account where Id = :recordId LIMIT 1];

what kind of validation do I need to do for the field recordID prior to that database query. Could anyone please help?

Regards
Amar
Hi,

In lightning Apex screen, I have a field which shows the relevant results as you start typing inside it. If you click on the scroll bar to scroll through the results, the results are completely going off.

Is there something missing in the code or any place to look for the root cause?

Regards
Amar
Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce and I just wrote my first Hello World Trigger on Lead object as below.

trigger HelloWorld on Lead (before update) {
    for (Lead l: Trigger.new) {
        l.FirstName='Hello';
        l.lastName='World';
    }

Guess what, this thing is running even when I create new Lead and setting the first and last names to hello world. What am I doing wrong?

- Amar
Hi All,
I am stuck in challenge 5('Lightning Hobbies by Contact) and couldn't proceed. I have been getting the below error below for about 2 weeks now.  Can anyone please help?
Error:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns."

I have passed all the challenges and stuck at 'Lightning hobbies by contact' and I kept getting that error no matter what change I do. My screenshots are as below.

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Thank you for help in advance.

Regards
Amar

Hi

I have 4 textboxes like credit card number boxes. They all have different max lengths.

I have coded the below in the controller component but it is not working. Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong?

if (cmp.Find("offerCodePart1").length == cmp.Find("offerCodePart1").maxLength){
cmp.Find("offerCodePart2").focus();
}

Regards
Amar
Hi All,

I have a text field and would like to add a validation rule so users can only enter a certain set of characters in it. But my validation rule is failing with Syntax error here. Can someone help?

REGEX(field ,
"([a-zA-Z0-9 .?!,;:_@&/\'"`~()<>$#%])*")

Basically, it should allow alphanumeric characters including spaces AND any of the special characters that are listed here "Period
Question Mark
Exclamation Point
Comma
Semi-colon
Colon
Underscore
At Sign
Ampersand
Forward Slash
Back Slash
Apostrophe
Grave Accent
Tilde
Left Parenthesis
Right Parenthesis
Less Than
Greater Than
Dollar Sign
Pound/Number
Percent".

Regards
Amar
Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce and I just wrote my first Hello World Trigger on Lead object as below.

trigger HelloWorld on Lead (before update) {
    for (Lead l: Trigger.new) {
        l.FirstName='Hello';
        l.lastName='World';
    }

Guess what, this thing is running even when I create new Lead and setting the first and last names to hello world. What am I doing wrong?

- Amar
I am frustrated and need help with challenge 5 of this superbadge. 
I keep getting this error: The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.
I´ve tried creating the report many times. The report type is the same, as I´ve also tried creating the report by cloning the other two. 

Here is my work:
- Creating a Full Name field on the Contact object; also tried naming it "Contact Full Name"
User-added image
- The report type and name
User-added image
- End version
User-added image
User-added image
Tried it with and without Hobby Type column, in the unfiled folder and in the private folder. The bucket field is locked.
What am I doing wrong?
Hello. I'm new to salesforce. I created simple apex page, using standard controller and custom extension. I have contact list for a specific account shown as input fields to edit that straight away. The problem is when I added the extension, standard save function won't work, and I couldn't really find the solution. (without an extension saving works fine, but then I can see EVERY contact, not only contact connected to specific account). I would really appreciate some help. This is the code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts" extensions="myExt"><apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">
        <apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton action="{! save}" value="Save"/>   
            <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contacts}" var="contact">

<apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">First name</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}" required="true"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Last name</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.LastName}" required="true"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">E-mail</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Email}"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Phone</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Phone}"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Description</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Description}"/></apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>  
    </apex:pageBlock></apex:form>
</apex:page>

and here is my extension:
public class myExt {

public ApexPages.StandardSetController stdCntrlr {get; set;}
 	public myExt(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
        stdCntrlr = controller;
        contactAddList = new List<Contact>();
    }

private String sortOrder='LastName';
	private String acId=ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');

public List<Contact> getContacts(){
        List<Contact> results = Database.query(
            'SELECT Id, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Email, Description ' +
			'FROM Contact WHERE AccountId=\'' + acId + '\' ' +
			'ORDER BY ' + sortOrder + ' ASC ' +
			'LIMIT 10'
            );
    	return results;
    }

}

I tried adding this code: 
public PageReference save() {
        stdCntrlr.save();
		return Apexpages.currentPage();
	}
to invoke standard save method, but it only refreshes the page. 

I am getting an error in challenger 2 and i am pretty sure all my headers are correct. The error is not really telling me much, can anyone help? thanks 

User-added image
I seem to have no clue what's wrong in the report which I created. As per the requirement - Summarize the report by Account Name, the contact’s Full Name, and show the Hobby Name." Here I do not understand Full Name, as in the report we only get First Name, Last Name.
The error says - 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have summarized the report by Account Name, then by Last Name. Another column shown is Hobbies Name. The report filter is on Hobby Type (the bucket field) = Outdoor Activities and it is locked.

Does anyone know whats wrong?