• Member since 2017
  • Salesforce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have setup my first "Site" in the development environment, and I want to give end users the ability to run some of the functionality I have created in my Salesforce.com environment which will eventually become an APP.

As such I want to get some feedback by exposing this functionality to the world via my "Site". 

I want to create a profile that gives access to my custom objects, classes, etc.

I followed this tutorial. (Authenticating Users on Salesforce Sites)

However, I am still a bit fuzzy on the logic behind taking the "Portal Account", and the "Customer Portal Manager" profile (which is the default profile a user is given when they create an account). I cannot edit the "Customer Portal Manager" profile to allow access to my custom object.

I have tried to create a new profile (which I can give users access to my custom objects in the settings, but I don't understand the following):

1. What is the meaning of "License" as it pertains to profile, and does this have any bearing on how I should setup permissions.

2. When I user is "Authenticated" or "Registers" how do I default their registration to my newly created profile.

3. If a user is "un-registered" or "un-authenticated" and I still want them to be able to see some pages what permissions should I give those pages. 

Thanks in advance!