• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

I'm currently doing the walkthrough for "Lightning Experience Customization". On the section of "Create a Custom Detail Page Button", I am trying to create a new button called "Map Location". The issue is that after I create the new button and add it to the page layout, it is not showing up. 

Trailhead says I should "Expand the actions menu, and select Map Location." but when I do that, it does not appear. 

I have already updated the page layout so I don't know why it isn't showing up. 

Thanks,

Joe

I'm working on the Trailhead "Build a Community with Knowledge and Chat" because I really want to learn how to use the Chat Snap ins for communitites. I'm getting stuck on the "Create a Chat Snap-in" section. It says to go to the Visualforce pages and copy just the beginning of the address which is https://c.na35.visual.force.com/apex/CommunitiesTemplate. So I am copying  https://c.na35.visual.force.com. Then it says to create a new CORS with this copied address. However, when I copy this into the new CORS original URL pattern then it will not save. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I can't move forward without this step and I really want to learn how to do this. Thank you!
I've earned 22 badges, but only six show. Five were earned early on. Then a recent one was skipped, but the next one after that shows. 

Other people report the same problem. The account is linked but not all of the badges show. 

* https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F0000000D8gyIAC

One factor might be changing the email address attribute for the Trailhead org, which I might have done, when we link our Success profile to Trialhead, we have to use our email address -- instead of a Trialhead org username (which is weird).

I also tried registering my Trailhead org, where all the badges show, with the Success Community, but it wasn't able to verify the email address. I guess because it was already linked. 

Right now, when you link your badges, this is a link for "Missing Badges", but it just goes to a Trailhead landing page with no contact information.

I'd be happy to take the six badges over, but since they show on the Trialhead side, I can't earn them again. 

I've tried relinking the account several times, but the missing badges stay missing. 

Any help would be appreciated. It seems to me that developer resources are needed, but there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for filing a Trailhead case. 

User-added image

User-added image
I'm following the directions for how to create a help page but when I type in 'visualforce page' in the search area no results come up so I'm missing a step in the beginning on how to create this and will not be able to do the challenge at the end of the lesson without this.  

Here's the exact steps:

Create a Help Page for the Candidate Object

We highly recommend that you create help pages for your custom objects. It's easy to provide useful information about your object by using a simple Visualforce page. Your users will thank you!

Let’s create a simple Visualforce help page to reference from your Candidate object.

From Setup, enter Visualforce Pages in the Quick Find box, then select Visualforce Pages.
Click New.
Enter a label for your page — for example, Job Candidate Help.
Enter a unique name for the page — for example, Job_Candidate_Help.
In the Visualforce Markup area, enter information about your custom object. You might want to include dependencies, next steps, or other tips for using the object.
For example:

1 <h1>Help for the Candidate Object</h1>

3     <p>The Candidate object is for identifying and tracking individual candidates for job positions.</p>

4     <p>Sort candidates by Name, Location, Last Modified, and Prospect Rating.</p>

Now let’s reference the help page you just created from your Candidate object. To do this, we’ll edit the Candidate object.

In the Setup Quick Find box, type Object.
Under Create, click Objects.
Click Edit next to the Candidate object’s name.
Select Open a window using a Visualforce page and choose the page you created.
[Custom object help display setting]
Click Save.

I'm stuck on the very first step.  Please advise!

Thank you,

Kristi Poff