• 25 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to complete the "Collect Information from Users and then Operate on It with Visual Workflow" challenge and am running into issues with the Close Date field. I've done a lot of searching, but even when I use the correct formula, I'm getting the below error message. Could anyone tell me why I can't get my flow to run?

Thank you for your help!

User-added image
User-added image
I am stuck on the Challenge to Create a formula field that returns an image to indicate data quality. It's in the Text Formulas module of Advanced Formulas badge.

No matter what I try, I can't pass the Syntax checker. I am required to display a certain number of stars based on Data Quality calculated in another formula. And include alternate text. (By the way, is there any way to trace formulas, so I could see the number being returned by the data quality formula?)

Herer's my formula . . . 

(CASE(Lead_Quality_Helper__c ,
5, ("/img/samples/stars_500.gif", "5 Stars",)
4, ("/img/samples/stars_400.gif", "4 Stars",)
3, ("/img/samples/stars_300.gif", "3 Stars",)
2, ("/img/samples/stars_200.gif", "2 Stars",)
1, ("/img/samples/stars_100.gif", "1 Stars",)
0, ("/img/samples/stars_000.gif", "0 Stars",)
"Unknown"))

IMAGE can take two parameters. The URL and the ALTERNATE TEXT. So I put both parameters surrounded by (.....). The Syntax checker says I am missing a parenthesis between the URL and the Alternate Text. But inserting one there results in an error that CASE is expecting a number, not text.

What am I doing wrong here?
So here is where I am stuck and need some help or guidance.

I created a report to assign the contacts with various hobbies to the 4 Hobby Types using a bucket field

The four hobby types (Outdoor Activities, Arts and Crafts, Extreme Sports, and Other) are listed in the left column of the report as groups, followed below by the Account Name, Contact Full Name, and the actual Hobby name for each hobby type.

Everything works as expected EXCEPT 16 records that show up as if they had no hobbies at all. Yet they do. Some have two hobbies, others three but they never get assigned to one of the 4 buckets. And the hobby name never shows on the report. And contacts with two or three hobbies should show up in the report the same number of times as the number of hobbies. But each contact only appears once. It is as if the software is just not seeing these Contact Hobbies for these specific 16 records.

Even though those hobbies are part of the bucket assignments.(In other words, other Contact records with Kayaking as a hobby get assigned to Outdoor Activities just fine but Kayaking appears as one of the hobbies in these 16 records) but never appears in the report. Every record has a Contact ID and an Account ID. In other words, the relationships between Accounts and Contacts is present and working nominally

The Hobbies were imported and there appears to be no difference between these 16 records and the others that work perfectly.

The Hobby Type is just "-" on the report. A hyphen, nothing else. Can't filter to get rid of these 16 records either.

Of course, this makes it impossible to do the Lightning Contact Hobby report where I filter for only records with the Outdoor Activities type.

The "-" type is always there every time I run the report. (Never there in the preview)

I added a filter to exclude records without any hobby and that works fine. Those are the records I would expect to see in a <NULL> bucket had I not filtered them out of the final report.

So the assignment to create a report on contacts without hobbies completed without a problem.

What might be causing these 16 records, all with Contact Hobbies, to not get assigned in the bucket filter that works on all the rest of the records just fine?

Data Corruption?

I exported all the records in the Contact Object and all the fields. The 16 records look just like the rest that work properly.

I was thinking of using the 16 records to make a list of Contact ID's to delete, then re-import these 16 records that just won't behave normally.

Steps to fix? Ideas?

Please, can anyone help me solve this? If screenshots would help, let me know and I will provide them.
I am working through Trailhead and doing the Superbadge for Reports & Dashboards.

I am using the Salesforce Data Loader App for Mac Version 39.

I am not a Salesforce Paid Customer and do not work for a company with a Salesforce license.

This is a repeatable issue with Data Loader:

When I am on the step to map fields from my source file to the selected object, the app will frequently lock up with the Spinning Beachball of Death. This seems to happen if I drag and drop fields and don't get them in precisely the right place or more often when I try to drag a field up and away from my import file to "put it back in the list of fields available in the object" or to put it on the right line to match my import field. This happens when I am working quickly with drag and drop.

The Spinning Beachball of Death is just that. The Data Loader is locked up and the only way out is to Force Quit, losing my work, and forcing me to go through the log in steps again.

I am using Mac OSX Sierra version 10.12.3.

This lockup has happened repeatedly and so I can only conclude it is a bug in the Data Loader code that needs to be addressed.
This Challenge is full of bugs and lacks instructions on how to complete it.

In the real world, the flow that passes the challenge would never work properly and would mess up a company's data. 

As reported elsewhere, the flow created can be total garbage, the challenge only checks to see if there is a VisualForce page named "Flow Page". That's it and you pass and get the points.

But the student learned nothing helpful in this instruction.

Here is where I found problems:

1) The flow I wrote creates an account and a contact, but they are not related. Nor where they validated to be new data.
2) It is impossible to use a formula to make the CloseDate equal {!$Flow.CurrentDate} + 30. Create a new Opportunity step cannot be saved with this formula.
3) It is not possible to default the stage to Prospecting in the Create An Opportunity Step. I used a PickList on the User Data Entry Screen that provides all the stages set up for the org, and Prospecting is the default. But there is nothing preventing the user from choosing a different stage and passing that stage to the Create A Record Opportunity step.
4) While the Opportunity Amount is collected at the User screen, it is never used in the challenge.
5) It never creates an Opportunity because it doesn't know what Account to associate with the Opportunity.
6) Worst of all, the whole flow setup is written to require Adobe Flash Player. Innovative for 1995.

Would someone at Salesforce please have an experienced trainer/developer go through this module and fix everything that is wrong with it.

What was supposed to take 20 minutes took me over two hours to finish.

P.S. In a real workflow, there would be a step that checks to see if the Account or the Contact was an existing record and create a new Opportunity in the existing account and leave the contact alone and not create a duplicate.
I am on Step 4 of the Admin Beginner trail. This is the page:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/projects/suggestion_box/steps/suggestion_box_5
I have followed the instructions to create a dashboard to display the Summary report I created in the module. Suggestions By Status. I am working in Lightning as it is required for these learning modules.
The Dashboard Displays perfectly via web browser on my laptop.
But on my iPhone 5s running iOS 9.3.3 I get an error message: "Unable to access dashboard component"
All my other Dashboards work fine in the Salesforce1 mobile app.
Except this one and I cannot figure out what is wrong.
Can anyone please help?
The audio for the training module found here:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/customizing_user_interface/units/ui_nav_buttons_links
is encoded at too low a level. It is almost inaudible. Not my set-up as other Trailhead videos play normally.
An Admin on the Trailhead team needs to fix the audio and upload it again.
I am stuck on the Challenge to Create a formula field that returns an image to indicate data quality. It's in the Text Formulas module of Advanced Formulas badge.

No matter what I try, I can't pass the Syntax checker. I am required to display a certain number of stars based on Data Quality calculated in another formula. And include alternate text. (By the way, is there any way to trace formulas, so I could see the number being returned by the data quality formula?)

Herer's my formula . . . 

(CASE(Lead_Quality_Helper__c ,
5, ("/img/samples/stars_500.gif", "5 Stars",)
4, ("/img/samples/stars_400.gif", "4 Stars",)
3, ("/img/samples/stars_300.gif", "3 Stars",)
2, ("/img/samples/stars_200.gif", "2 Stars",)
1, ("/img/samples/stars_100.gif", "1 Stars",)
0, ("/img/samples/stars_000.gif", "0 Stars",)
"Unknown"))

IMAGE can take two parameters. The URL and the ALTERNATE TEXT. So I put both parameters surrounded by (.....). The Syntax checker says I am missing a parenthesis between the URL and the Alternate Text. But inserting one there results in an error that CASE is expecting a number, not text.

What am I doing wrong here?
This Challenge is full of bugs and lacks instructions on how to complete it.

In the real world, the flow that passes the challenge would never work properly and would mess up a company's data. 

As reported elsewhere, the flow created can be total garbage, the challenge only checks to see if there is a VisualForce page named "Flow Page". That's it and you pass and get the points.

But the student learned nothing helpful in this instruction.

Here is where I found problems:

1) The flow I wrote creates an account and a contact, but they are not related. Nor where they validated to be new data.
2) It is impossible to use a formula to make the CloseDate equal {!$Flow.CurrentDate} + 30. Create a new Opportunity step cannot be saved with this formula.
3) It is not possible to default the stage to Prospecting in the Create An Opportunity Step. I used a PickList on the User Data Entry Screen that provides all the stages set up for the org, and Prospecting is the default. But there is nothing preventing the user from choosing a different stage and passing that stage to the Create A Record Opportunity step.
4) While the Opportunity Amount is collected at the User screen, it is never used in the challenge.
5) It never creates an Opportunity because it doesn't know what Account to associate with the Opportunity.
6) Worst of all, the whole flow setup is written to require Adobe Flash Player. Innovative for 1995.

Would someone at Salesforce please have an experienced trainer/developer go through this module and fix everything that is wrong with it.

What was supposed to take 20 minutes took me over two hours to finish.

P.S. In a real workflow, there would be a step that checks to see if the Account or the Contact was an existing record and create a new Opportunity in the existing account and leave the contact alone and not create a duplicate.
I'm trying to complete the "Collect Information from Users and then Operate on It with Visual Workflow" challenge and am running into issues with the Close Date field. I've done a lot of searching, but even when I use the correct formula, I'm getting the below error message. Could anyone tell me why I can't get my flow to run?

Thank you for your help!

User-added image
User-added image
Battle Station Trailhead -Step 4:Ad business logic
"Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The validation rule does not appear to have the correct error formula. Make sure Exhaust Port Inspectors have > 150% utilization' 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps"