• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to generate some S-Doc templates for a department to use.  We want to generate letters that hold the Name, Date, and Amounts associated with transactions.  Several of our letters are similar in nature, with just a few elements being different.

I understand that I can use the Insert RENDER button to set up some conditional testing to have certain parts of the template display if the criteria are met.  However, I have 6 letters that are very similar (only differing by a paragraph at most).  I am concerned that by using the RENDER feature, it will cause the formatting of the letter to be completely messed up.

I know we can ask the user for information as part of a Runtime Prompt.  I can then use the runtime prompts on the template as part of the information. However, I'm wondering if I can use the runtime prompt to determine what template to actually use.

For example, if I select a Denial case type, and that the User Knew the Person making the transaction, I would open template A.  But if I select a Denial case type, and that the PIN on the card was used, then template B would open.  Is this possible within S-Docs?  Or do I need to create a custom component/VF page?
I know this is probably way more simple then I am making it.  I am creating a Lightning Component.  The Lightning Component will be launched from a case, and will display values in a picklist that will vary based on the Record Type of the case that launched the component.

Here's my question: How do I get the record type for the case that launched the component?

All my research shows people using a Map object in connection with a SOQL statement to get a list of all record types or cases with a specific record type.  I don't need to do that.  I just need to get the record type of one specific case object. the one the user was on when the component launched.  This should be easy as the code is going to be placed inside my controller as a getRecordType method.
I am working on the Mint Chip - Content Release trailmix and have encountered several small errors that haven't held me up too much, and have usually been able to find a work around to.  However, I am getting an error on the Learn Admin Essentials in Lightning Experience - Protect Your Data in Salesforce module.  I followed all the instructions and have put everything in, but when I clicked the Verify on the Set Up Account Teams section, I got an error that Fumiku Suzuki wasn't set up as a Sales Rep.

User-added image

I saw that we were to assign him to the role in the Set Organization-Wide Defaults and Create a Role Hierarchy section, but were never asked to actually create the user's account there.  (I even went back and re-read that section to confirm I hadn't overlooked it.)  Doing some searching in the communities, I found a link to this module where it shows what the department and category information is supposed to be when setting up that account, which I followed.
User-added image
(The role is different here than what the linked module states it to be, as that module is for a different section. I did try it with the role specified in the linked module, and still got the same error.)  I have even gone into the Role section of setup and confirmed that the user is showing as assigned to that Role.
User-added image
Am I missing something??????

We are working on installing DocuSign for Salesforce into our org. However, during the initial pilot testing, it was noted that our reps do not like having to search for the form they want in the entire list of available templates. (We currently have about 26 forms.) They were hoping to have that list reduced to display only the forms that are associated to that Case record type. I believe we can do this by creating a custom button in SF that will launch a custom Lightning Component to allow the user to select a picklist of the forms (the code for the Lightnin Component would use the case's record type information to limit the list). The user would then press another button that would launch DocuSign for Salesforce directing the user to the template for the item they selected in the Component.  I have a few questions:
  • Will it even work this way? I'm still new to Salesforce coding as well as DocuSign for Salesforce (still don't really understand it) but I believe it will work
  • Would the button they press to launch DocuSign for Salesforce have to be a "custom button" and use the custom button code provided in the documentation?
  • I assume that the case information would have to be passed along by the Lightning Component so that DocuSign can assign the forms and such to the case in Salesforce, correct?
OK. I'm trying to create a lightning component that will calculate the new payment for the user based on what option they choose.  The user inputs the current payment frequency (monthly, semi-monthly, etc.), the amount they are currently paying each payment, and the new frequency they wish to pay (monthly, semi-monthly, etc.)  The user then presses a calculate button and the new payment amount would display.

The issue I'm running in to, is that I have two picklists in the same lightning component, and so the picklists are mirroring each other.  When I select something in Current frequency it sets the New frequency, and vice versa.  After doing some looking, I thought it was perhaps I was trying to use the same function to load both items, so I created a doInit function that calls two separate functions in the .js file to populate the two picklists.  Here's the code I'm working with.

Lightning Component
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="currOptions" type="List" />
    <aura:attribute name="newOptions" type="List" />
    <aura:attribute name="selectedValue" type="String" />
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />

<div class="slds-form">
        <lightning:card >
            <lightning:select name="currPmtType" label="Current Payment Frequency" aura:id="currPmtType" value="{!v.selectedValue}" required="true">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.currOptions}" var="item">
                    <option text="{!item.label}" value="{!item.value}" selected="{!item.selected}"/>
                </aura:iteration>
            </lightning:select>
            <lightning:input name="currPmtAmt" label="Current Payment Amount" type="number" formatter="currency" required="true"/>
            <lightning:select name="newPmtType" label="New Payment Frequency" aura:id="newPmtType" value="{!v.selectedValue}" required="true">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.newOptions}" var="opt">
                    <option text="{!opt.label}" value="{!opt.value}" selected="{!opt.selected}"/>
        </lightning:card>
    </div>
</aura:component>

.js Controller
({
    doInit: function(component, event, helper){

//load current option
        var a = component.get('c.loadCurrOptions');
        $A.enqueueAction(a);

//load new option
        var b = component.get('c.loadNewOptions');
        $A.enqueueAction(b);
    }
    loadCurrOptions: function(component, event, helper){
        var currOpts = [
            {value: "", label: "" },
            {value: "Monthly", label: "Monthly - 12 pmts annually" },
            {value: "Semi-monthly", label: "Semi-monthly - 24 pmts annually" },
            {value: "Bi-weekly_lower_payment", label: "Bi-weekly - 26 pmts annually, lower pmt (same annual total)" },
            {value: "Bi-weekly_payoff_sooner", label: "Bi-weekly - 26 pmts annually, payoff sooner (2 more pmts annually)" },
            {value: "Weekly", label: "Weekly - 52 pmts annually" }
        ];
        //set the new selected value on the component
        component.set("v.currOptions", currOpts);
        //return the selected value
        component.find("currPmtType").get("v.value");
    }
    loadNewOptions: function(component, event, helper){
        var newOpts = [
            {value: "Bi-weekly_lower_payment", label: "Bi-weekly - 26 pmts annually, lower pmt (same annual total)" },
            {value: "Bi-weekly_payoff_sooner", label: "Bi-weekly - 26 pmts annually, payoff sooner (2 more pmts annually)" },
        ];
        component.set("v.newOptions", newOpts);
        component.find("newPmtType").get("v.value");
    }
})
Can anyone tell me why the two picklists keep acting as though they are the same list?  If there's an easier way to do this, I'm not opposed to altering my approach.  Thanks.
I am trying to complete the Set Up Your Salesforce DX Environment module.  I have successfully created a test DX account and have installed the CLI (Windows x64 bit).  However, when I try and complete the next step, by entering sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub into the command prompt, the browser (Chrome) asks me to login which I enter my credentials, but then when I click the Login button, the browser appears like it's going to a new page, but then it displays a page with a "This page isn't working localhost didn't send any data." error and the command prompt displays "ERROR: self signed certificate in certificate chain."

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong on getting to complete this step of the module?  Thanks.
Hello. I'm trying to complete the infamous Set up Social Sign-on unit in Trailhead.  I've added the Google Auth image and permissions in the community per the previous units.  I can see the Google image to sign in, and when I click it, I am redirected to the google sign-in you would expect to see.  However, when I enter my google credentials, I get an error stating "Problem Logging In  We can't log you in because of the following error.  NO_ACCESS: User was an internal user for the community."

Having read the other posts on both the developer forum and the Trailblazer community, I have tried the different versions of the RegModule that have been provided, as well as trying to log into the Customers community as well as the Partners community.  However, I keep getting this error.  Does anybody know what this particular error means?
I am trying to generate some S-Doc templates for a department to use.  We want to generate letters that hold the Name, Date, and Amounts associated with transactions.  Several of our letters are similar in nature, with just a few elements being different.

I understand that I can use the Insert RENDER button to set up some conditional testing to have certain parts of the template display if the criteria are met.  However, I have 6 letters that are very similar (only differing by a paragraph at most).  I am concerned that by using the RENDER feature, it will cause the formatting of the letter to be completely messed up.

I know we can ask the user for information as part of a Runtime Prompt.  I can then use the runtime prompts on the template as part of the information. However, I'm wondering if I can use the runtime prompt to determine what template to actually use.

For example, if I select a Denial case type, and that the User Knew the Person making the transaction, I would open template A.  But if I select a Denial case type, and that the PIN on the card was used, then template B would open.  Is this possible within S-Docs?  Or do I need to create a custom component/VF page?
Hi all,

I've search around a ton and can't find an example trigger to do the following: I'd like to fill in a custom field (lookup user) on the Task object for who the Account owner is whenever a Task is created.

My use case is I just want a way to identify who is creating Tasks on Accounts that are not owned by them (bad sales rep! bad!).

My custom field on Tasks is called Account_Owner__c. I already have an Apex Class that I believe will work. Any suggestions?  Thank you!
could anyone give me sample scenarios when we go for lookup,master and junction
OK. I'm trying to create a lightning component that will calculate the new payment for the user based on what option they choose.  The user inputs the current payment frequency (monthly, semi-monthly, etc.), the amount they are currently paying each payment, and the new frequency they wish to pay (monthly, semi-monthly, etc.)  The user then presses a calculate button and the new payment amount would display.

The issue I'm running in to, is that I have two picklists in the same lightning component, and so the picklists are mirroring each other.  When I select something in Current frequency it sets the New frequency, and vice versa.  After doing some looking, I thought it was perhaps I was trying to use the same function to load both items, so I created a doInit function that calls two separate functions in the .js file to populate the two picklists.  Here's the code I'm working with.

Lightning Component
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global">
    <aura:attribute name="currOptions" type="List" />
    <aura:attribute name="newOptions" type="List" />
    <aura:attribute name="selectedValue" type="String" />
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />

<div class="slds-form">
        <lightning:card >
            <lightning:select name="currPmtType" label="Current Payment Frequency" aura:id="currPmtType" value="{!v.selectedValue}" required="true">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.currOptions}" var="item">
                    <option text="{!item.label}" value="{!item.value}" selected="{!item.selected}"/>
            <lightning:input name="currPmtAmt" label="Current Payment Amount" type="number" formatter="currency" required="true"/>
            <lightning:select name="newPmtType" label="New Payment Frequency" aura:id="newPmtType" value="{!v.selectedValue}" required="true">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.newOptions}" var="opt">
                    <option text="{!opt.label}" value="{!opt.value}" selected="{!opt.selected}"/>
        </lightning:card>
    </div>
</aura:component>

.js Controller
({
    doInit: function(component, event, helper){

//load current option
        var a = component.get('c.loadCurrOptions');
        $A.enqueueAction(a);

//load new option
        var b = component.get('c.loadNewOptions');
        $A.enqueueAction(b);
    }
    loadCurrOptions: function(component, event, helper){
        var currOpts = [
        ];
        component.set("v.currOptions", currOpts);
        component.find("currPmtType").get("v.value");
    }
    loadNewOptions: function(component, event, helper){
        var newOpts = [
        ];
        component.set("v.newOptions", newOpts);
        component.find("newPmtType").get("v.value");
    }
})
Can anyone tell me why the two picklists keep acting as though they are the same list?  If there's an easier way to do this, I'm not opposed to altering my approach.  Thanks.
I am trying to complete the Set Up Your Salesforce DX Environment module.  I have successfully created a test DX account and have installed the CLI (Windows x64 bit).  However, when I try and complete the next step, by entering sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub into the command prompt, the browser (Chrome) asks me to login which I enter my credentials, but then when I click the Login button, the browser appears like it's going to a new page, but then it displays a page with a "This page isn't working localhost didn't send any data." error and the command prompt displays "ERROR: self signed certificate in certificate chain."

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong on getting to complete this step of the module?  Thanks.
Hello Everyone,
I am working on a finance project utilizing the application S-Docs.

I would like for my finance team to be able to click on the custom "Invoice" button and then based on 4 fields and their selections, the correct template would automatically be selected.

I know this is possible as S-Docs has the documentation here: http://www.sdocs.com/resources/documentation/automating-conditional-template-selection-and-generation/

Here is an example of the criteria and hopefully I can build off of that because there are quite a few combinations I need to cover.

If Entity = INC, Language = English, Currency = USD, Taxation Country = United States, then select template id: a1O8E000002Lnq9
If Entity = AG, Language = German, Currency = EUR, Taxation Country = Switzerland, then select template id: a1O8E000002Lpmc

For INC, there are only 3 possible outcomes (templates).
However, for AG, there are 9 possible templates..for now.

Thank you for reading my post--I appreciate your time!!

From S-Docs Documentation

Julia
Hi,

How to remove the table from the template. Please check the image below,
User-added image
Thanks!