• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have installed the Salesforce Survey app but having trouble working out how to set up the system to trigger custom surveys. 

Ultimately, I would like it to do the following;
  1. Custom object criteria is met in Process Builder 
  2. Custom survey is sent via email to the email address on the contact role that is associated with the custom object 
  3. Survey that is sent out will have to be unique to the object/contact that it relates to
  4. Client completes survey and results are returned to Salesforce and pushed to custom fields on the custom object 
I can't work out for the life of me how to get this working. I have created the custom survey and attempted to build the process, however the process doesn't allow me to select an email address field as the recipient. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 
I'd like to post activity to opportunities via API - what object sto
res the activity log?
Thanks in advance!
Trying to create an opportunity but its not working.
This is a log of what is being posted:

addorUpdateOpportunity: calendarId:18127604 time:Mon Oct 01 11:00:00 UTC 2018 eventId:00U1v00000JhtMaEAJ
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Date_client_paid__c:
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Description:
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Customer_Enquiry__c:qweewqewq
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Assigned_to__c:TimeTap
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting StageName:Advice session booked
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Customer_Disposition__c:Paid
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting VAT__c:Yes
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Office__c:Aberdeen
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Agreed_selling_price__c:0.10
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Amount:0.10
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Method_of_appointment__c:in person
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Payment_Status__c:Paid via website
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Amount_paid__c:
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting CloseDate:2018-10-01
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Name:Camabire hottss - EEA Family Member Advice Package
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting CampaignId:7010Y000000kFZGQA2
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Caseworker__c:Uche Uwaezuoke
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Payment_reference__c:
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Service_sold__c:Advice
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting ForecastCategoryName:Commit
2018/09/28 17:09:25 | setting Client_s_appointment__c:2018-10-01T11:00:00Z
2018/09/28 17:09:26 | com.force.api.ApiException: [{"message":"Cannot deserialize instance of date from VALUE_STRING value  or request may be missing a required field at [line:1, column:26]","errorCode":"JSON_PARSER_ERROR"}]

Any help appreciated

Hi there

I am looking to create a flow that updates a coupon code field with a coupon code based upon a sales price field.

There are 700 coupon codes and I need to create a formula or some flow that will update the coupon code field with the correct code based upon the value in the sales price field.

SAMPLE:

Coupon value Coupon code
 £         100.00  u01ya
 £         110.00  qujrz
 £         120.00  44i77
 £         130.00  l4kua
 £         140.00  wdxk1
 £         150.00  5hotf

could someone help me with creating the formula logic to update a flow variable with the coupon code or advise on the best way to get this to work?  I tried process builder but it gets very flow and unusable as the size grows.
-<record>

-<row>

<source_ip>85.222.138.237</source_ip>

<count>1</count>

-<policy_evaluated>

<disposition>none</disposition>

<dkim>fail</dkim>

<spf>fail</spf>

</policy_evaluated>

</row>

-<identifiers>

<header_from>iasuk.org</header_from>

</identifiers>

-<auth_results>

-<spf>

<domain>ghkjq9c27d47dy91.rmz7u.0y-z8jmuas.eu11.bnc.salesforce.com</domain>

<result>pass</result>

</spf>

</auth_results>

</record>
Hi,
I would like to know how I can make a field on the lead screen compulsory when converting to an opportunity? 

The method of making a field compulsory on just the lead screen wont work. Ideally, when convert is pressed, it will reject the conversion until the field has been selected (dropdown list).

Thanks,
Peter 

I am looking to trigger a button or its coding by using a workflow/process, is this possible?

The coding is related to CongaComposer. The button sends an email + pdf template .
Hi

Our salesforce is setup to create a second stage opportunity when the first stage is closed won.

This second stage pulls across all the necessary fields but does not set the primary contact as the same one from the first stage oppportunity.

Is there a way to use process builder or flow to set the primary contact? If I click new contact role on the opportunity, I can select the contact associated with the stage one opportunity.
Hi, I need to populate a field on an opportunity automatically with a web address that pulls values from other fields in the opportunity into the string

Here is the URL I need to replicate, what should I put in the formula to update the url field??

http://www.reviews.co.uk/store/landing_new_review?store=immigrationa-dvice-service&amp;user={!Contact.FirstName}&amp;order_id={!Opportunity.Case_Reference__c}&amp;email={!Contact.Email}&amp;products={!Opportunity.Service_sold__c}&amp;type=combined&amp;rating=5"

thanks in advance
Hi all,
hopefully, someone can give me some advice here.

Objective: for a non-salesforce user (our lawyers) to send a PDF template with opportunity merge fields to clients in an email. Important information from the pdf template is pushed to the opportunity in question.

I have looked at Form Assembly to push data into fields in an opportunity which triggers CongaComposer to produce the PDF and email it to the contact role, but Form Assembly doesn't push rich text to salesforce so we lose all formatting (bullet points, bold, coloured text and underline all used frequently).

It would also be nice if the lawyers could preview the document before its sent.

Another thing I have considered is something like Pandadocs as they can select a template and preview what they are doing before sending, but it only pulls information from an opportunity if you start from within Salesforce and our lawyers do not have access to Salesforce.

Ideally, a web form similar to what Form Assembly can produce but with rich text abilities would be ideal.

Any suggestions?
Hi,

I need some suggestions on how I can create a webform that will update the fields of an opportunity. I have tried FormAssembly and Formstack, however these two options do not support Rich Text. I need to be able to have Rich Text as the text that will be submitted contains bold, italic, bullet points etc. 

Does anyone know of any potential solutions? 

Thanks,
Pete 
Hi,

I would like to create a custom web form that will have fields related to opportunity fields. The idea is, when an employee completes the form, the data that is submitted will be populated in pre-existing fields in a pre-existing opportunity. 

Does anyone know the best way to go about this? We are on Enterprise edition, my coding knowledge is extremely limited FYI!

Thanks,
Pete 
We use email templates to send quotes but now we want a pdf with opportunity field merges to be automatically attached to the email based upon either a picklist in the opportunity OR just what email template is selected.

What is the best way to do this?
Hi,

I would like to create a jscript button to clear two fields in an opportunity when pressed.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/30.0/connection.js")} 
var newRecords = []; 
var c = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity"); 
c.id ="{!Opportunity.Id}"; 
c.Task_Due__c = " ";
c.Task_Notes__c = " ";
newRecords.push(c); 
result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 
window.location.reload();

Above is the code I am trying but I just get error messages. The Task_Due and Task_Notes are the custom fields I am trying to reset to empty. Task Due is a date field and Task Notes is a long text field.

Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong or what needs correcting?

Thanks,
Pete 
Hi,

I am trying to create a button (I think it needs to be java) to clear specific fields in an opportunity. 

There is a date and text field that I would like to be able to clear at the push of a button, does anyone know how to go about this or know of the jscript to use?

Please note I am a complete novice when it comes to coding!

Pete 
We would like to automate the collection of reviews from clients a few days after the delivery of our service (legal advice)

Reviews.co.uk have an API that will allow us to send these invitations but I don't know how to setup the HTTP POST and also how to schedule it as a workflow (triggered by +3 days on a date/time field on the opportunity)

Any help you can provide to this salesforce beginner is greatly apreciated!

Here are the reviews.co.uk api info:

To Queue a Company Review Invitation your system needs to send a HTTP Post Request to our API. The details of this request are outlined below. Your developer should integrate this into your system so that this request is sent automatically for every order.
Method: POST
URL: https://api.reviews.co.uk/merchant/invitation
Headers
FieldTypeDescription
storeStringimmigrationa-dvice-service
apikeyString8a749a31930d6cad737e1c115799afd1
Parameters
FieldTypeDescription
nameStringCustomers name
emailStringCustomers email address
order_idStringCustomers order id
date_sendString(optional) Email send date
delayString(optional) Email send delay
branchString(optional) Branch or product name

Example Request

HEADERS:
{
    "Content-Type": "application/json",
    "store": "immigrationa-dvice-service",
    "apikey": "8a749a31930d6cad737e1c115799afd1"
}

BODY:
{
    "name":"Joe Bloggs",
    "email":"test-230@reviews.co.uk",
    "order_id": 1234
}
I am looking to trigger a button or its coding by using a workflow/process, is this possible?

The coding is related to CongaComposer. The button sends an email + pdf template .
Hi,

I have installed the Salesforce Survey app but having trouble working out how to set up the system to trigger custom surveys. 

Ultimately, I would like it to do the following;
  1. Custom object criteria is met in Process Builder 
  2. Custom survey is sent via email to the email address on the contact role that is associated with the custom object 
  3. Survey that is sent out will have to be unique to the object/contact that it relates to
  4. Client completes survey and results are returned to Salesforce and pushed to custom fields on the custom object 
I can't work out for the life of me how to get this working. I have created the custom survey and attempted to build the process, however the process doesn't allow me to select an email address field as the recipient. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Hi there

I am looking to create a flow that updates a coupon code field with a coupon code based upon a sales price field.

There are 700 coupon codes and I need to create a formula or some flow that will update the coupon code field with the correct code based upon the value in the sales price field.

SAMPLE:

Coupon value Coupon code
 £         100.00  u01ya
 £         110.00  qujrz
 £         120.00  44i77
 £         130.00  l4kua
 £         140.00  wdxk1
 £         150.00  5hotf

could someone help me with creating the formula logic to update a flow variable with the coupon code or advise on the best way to get this to work?  I tried process builder but it gets very flow and unusable as the size grows.
Hi,
I would like to know how I can make a field on the lead screen compulsory when converting to an opportunity? 

The method of making a field compulsory on just the lead screen wont work. Ideally, when convert is pressed, it will reject the conversion until the field has been selected (dropdown list).

Thanks,
Peter 

Hi

Our salesforce is setup to create a second stage opportunity when the first stage is closed won.

This second stage pulls across all the necessary fields but does not set the primary contact as the same one from the first stage oppportunity.

Is there a way to use process builder or flow to set the primary contact? If I click new contact role on the opportunity, I can select the contact associated with the stage one opportunity.
Hi,

I need some suggestions on how I can create a webform that will update the fields of an opportunity. I have tried FormAssembly and Formstack, however these two options do not support Rich Text. I need to be able to have Rich Text as the text that will be submitted contains bold, italic, bullet points etc. 

Does anyone know of any potential solutions? 

Thanks,
Pete 
Hi,

I would like to create a custom web form that will have fields related to opportunity fields. The idea is, when an employee completes the form, the data that is submitted will be populated in pre-existing fields in a pre-existing opportunity. 

Does anyone know the best way to go about this? We are on Enterprise edition, my coding knowledge is extremely limited FYI!

Thanks,
Pete 
We use email templates to send quotes but now we want a pdf with opportunity field merges to be automatically attached to the email based upon either a picklist in the opportunity OR just what email template is selected.

What is the best way to do this?