• 15 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This is not really a question pertaining to Salesforce functionality but about how you develop in SF.

I just went through a fairly large buildout of some functionality for or org. I documented it in a Word document using ordered and numbered lists. I included items including custom obects and fields that needed to be created, permission sets, reports and dashboards, automation using Process Builder and workflows to name a few. I have documented every bit of informaiton I can think of that went into this project so that if I ever leave my company or something happens to me, the next person to pick up where I left off has something to help them figure out where to start. 

I am looking for help on what resources you use to document any of your development work. Templates, formatting, applications, etc. Anything? 
We have struggled with recording emails in SF for the past 2 years. We were using Inbox which was ok but the added cost proved not to be worth it for us as users never hit the Log to SF button after sending emails. 

We switched to Einstien Activity Capture a year later. This is now at least getting all the emails into SF so we can review them on an Account/Contact level. This however does not allow standard reporting as emails synced through EAC do not get logged as a EmailMessage or Task object.

We are considering creating a filter in Gmail that would insert the BCC email address into every email sent by a user so that if an email is in SF, it will get logged. 

My question is, if we begin doing this, I need to disable EAC. Has anyone found  a way to keep EAC running but only sync past emails from a specific date? That way, all old emails will stil appear in the Activiy feed but only new emails are logged as an EmailMessage or Task?
I am not a developer in the slightest sence however I have an idea for an app that I think would be relatively easy to build and would be helpful for many orgs. Can someone point me in a direction as to where to look for a developer? What developing and maintaining an app entails? Even if you would be potentially interested in working with me on this, that would be greatly appreaciated. 

Also, I am sorry if this is the wrong forum to post questions like this in. I just don't know where to start at and figured since this was developer based, the knowledge here would be a great place to start. 
I am trying to write an Apex trigger that copies the contents of the Comments field that is used for emails into the Notes field used for Tasks. 
Has anyone ever had an issue where you are unable to check that the challenge is complete? I am trying to finish up the Admin Beginners module and on the Create and customize List Views module, I have no option to check that the challenge is completed. 
Has anyone ever had an issue where you are unable to check that the challenge is complete? I am trying to finish up the Admin Beginners module and on the Create and customize List Views module, I have no option to check that the challenge is completed. 
I am trying to write an Apex trigger that copies the contents of the Comments field that is used for emails into the Notes field used for Tasks. 
I'm not getting credit for the challenge I did for the "Create and Customize List Views" module.  The challenge is gone and clicking on it on the right doesn't let me do it again.  I've completed this module and I'd like for it close out.  Need some help so I can close out the module and Admin Beginner Trail!
Hey All, 

First time posting here, I look forward to what I can learn from the community.  I am a mostly self taught Admin so I suspect my issue stems from some of the common knoweldge gaps that newer self taught types can have.  I've read post after post and watched countless videos and can't figure out the small little thing that is hanging me up on this. I also see that this doesn't seem to have spell check so all you grammer hounds please grant me mercy. 

First, since language changes on these modules I'll post the step for future readers and then the error I'm getting. 
---
2)
Set record-level security settings
Configure other Salesforce settings related to record-level security to meet the business requirements.
Create a user, Samantha Cordero, and assign her the Field Sales User profile and the Field Sales role
Create an opportunity owned by Samantha with the stage name 'Needs Analysis'
Create a Closed Won opportunity owned by Samantha, with the type of 'Existing Customer - Upgrade'
---
The error on the apex test thing I get: "Assertion Failed: Field Sales users should not be able to read Opportunities owned by someone else. However, the test returned records not owned by the user. #sadtrombone: Expected: 1, Actual: 3"

So here are the few things I've drilled into and checked, I honestly can't think of anything else that I'm missing. Other parts of this could be messed up but as far as relation to the error thrown I just can't find it. 

1) Issue with the Profile, "Field Sales User". I don't think this is it due to the error throwing a lower case "user" which makes me think it's an issue with roles. Also this doesn't really have much to do with viewing rights beyond basic allowance so.. eh. Honestly I'm not even sure the best way to approach Profiles vs Roles, but again, noob here. In this profile I have the Opportunity object checked for everything except "delete" as the trail ask. 

User-added image

2) Roles. Now here is where we get to the good stuff. I've checked the hierchy and have tried to mark that lowly field reps are not worthy of viewing other's opportunities (humor y'all).  For your consideration here are shots of the hierchy and the field where I marked them as unworthy. 

User-added image 

User-added image

---
3) Sharing Settings. This is the last area I know of to deal with this error.  I have set Opportunities to private. This, in combination with the other rules really baffles me as to why field reps can still creep on other opportunities. For visual confirmation: 

User-added image

Any help or hints would be much appreciated on this.  In the event I make it out to Dreamforce and the lucky person that helps me out the most does I will gladly buy you a beer or coffee or heck even both! 

Cheers.