• Member since 2017
  • A Life Full Of Pty Ltd

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have built our entire production org using Unlocked Packages (with the exception of our Community because that doesn't seem to deploy well with UP.)

Production is on Winter 20 and our Sandboxes are now on Preview. Our first package for an install is a "Foundation" package, it contains no profiles or community related metadata, essentially objects, layouts, duplicate rules etc.

Now when installing into a Spring 21 Sandbox it fails with the following error message in VS Code.

1) (xxx Portal Client User) Cannot update: userLicense, Details: CXC Portal Client User: Cannot update: userLicense
2) (xxx Portal User) Cannot update: userLicense, Details: CXC Portal User: Cannot update: userLicense
3) (Myxxx Portal Profile) Cannot update: userLicense, Details: MyCXC Portal Profile: Cannot update: userLicense

These are all Community Users (first two linked to Community User License and last one linked to Guest User License)

The error says nothing about corrective action and what is hard to understand is NOTHING in the Foundation package (no dependency, Classes or LWC) contains a reference to the Profiles for the Portal.

I did also create a new sandbox not on a preview instance and the packages work fine.  Obviously something to do with Preview changes but can't think what.
  • January 15, 2021

Hi.

Using SFDX and Unlocked Packages, came to install a package today into a Preview Sandbox but it fails and the failed metadata is to do with EmailFolder.  Narrowed down by doing line by line deployment.

The below works in a non-preview sandbox created today but not in a one created before the window.  Obviously a change but can't find any notes on it.

Metadata is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<emailFolder xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <accessType>Public</accessType>
    <fullName>XXX_CommunityTemplates</fullName>
    <publicFolderAccess>ReadOnly</publicFolderAccess>
    <name>CommunityTemplates</name>
</emailFolder>

• January 14, 2021

We are building a new org and doing it programmatically as it is highly customised.  We are also going down the SFDX route, so Dev Hub, Scratch, Source, Branching etc.

Anyone creating scratch orgs needs to be active in the system with ther permission to build scratch orgs.  BUT what is the minimum license they need?

Other than developing in Scratch and potentially using a prebuild Sandbox for some testing (where we can create them as sys admin) they will have zero to no interaction with production.

As I have 4 new devs, I don't really want 4 x Full Salesforce licenses when they will never use the functionality.

Asking this on success as well but came here in case any dev managers or others have feedback.

• April 24, 2020
Made some great advances in using SFDX, GIT and VS, mostly admin related stuff right now but we have a developer coming onboard soon.

One question (for now) how do we deal with custom development against an installed AppExchange app?

i.e. We have Linked In Sales Navigator in Production that requies page layout changes, FlexiPage Components, field permissions etc.  I have installed into a Scratch, built everything and pulled the meta into VS (note I am not trying to amend the Managed Package.)

When I come to create an unlocked package I get errors nearly all related to the managed package.  It will be errors like can't add that field because it already exists BUT that field is being included because I have permissions, layouts and maybe flexipages (with components.).  I don't want to add the base data from the managed package because it is installed in Production aleady.

Does it not work?

• February 06, 2020
Just getting started here, crash course in Packaging for a new org we are building.

Created a scratch org, made some basic changes:
  • 5 x Account Record Types
  • 6 x Custom Text/Number Fields
  • Amended a Layout
  • Gave Sys Admin Profile field permissions.
Pulled the changes into my VS and Repository.

Now want to create a package and configured package.xml as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">

<types>
        <members>Account</members>
        <name>CustomObject</name>
    </types>
    <types> 
        <members>Account.AccountSource</members> 
        <name>CustomField</name> 
    </types> 
    <types> 
        <members>LeadSource</members> 
        <name>StandardValueSet</name> 
    </types> 
    <types>
        <members>Account.CXC_Client</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Contractor_Company</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Contractor_Employee</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Entity</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Service_Partner</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Supplier</members>
        <name>RecordType</name>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>Admin</members>
        <name>Profile</name>
    </types>

Get the following error :

Account.Client: Picklist value: Advertisement in picklist: AccountSource not found

Lots of reading and links and changes and variations but still can't get it working.  Do I have the order wrong?  Do I need to do something else first?  Everything i have read suggests it is the right approach.
  • January 03, 2020
My new company would like to include my learning on their Trailhead dashboard.  I don't want to move them across.

I thought I could connect the two accounts without physcially merging them.  Is this possible
  • October 09, 2019
Made some great advances in using SFDX, GIT and VS, mostly admin related stuff right now but we have a developer coming onboard soon.

One question (for now) how do we deal with custom development against an installed AppExchange app?

i.e. We have Linked In Sales Navigator in Production that requies page layout changes, FlexiPage Components, field permissions etc.  I have installed into a Scratch, built everything and pulled the meta into VS (note I am not trying to amend the Managed Package.)

When I come to create an unlocked package I get errors nearly all related to the managed package.  It will be errors like can't add that field because it already exists BUT that field is being included because I have permissions, layouts and maybe flexipages (with components.).  I don't want to add the base data from the managed package because it is installed in Production aleady.

Does it not work?

• February 06, 2020

Hi.

Using SFDX and Unlocked Packages, came to install a package today into a Preview Sandbox but it fails and the failed metadata is to do with EmailFolder.  Narrowed down by doing line by line deployment.

The below works in a non-preview sandbox created today but not in a one created before the window.  Obviously a change but can't find any notes on it.

Metadata is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<emailFolder xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <accessType>Public</accessType>
    <fullName>XXX_CommunityTemplates</fullName>
    <publicFolderAccess>ReadOnly</publicFolderAccess>
    <name>CommunityTemplates</name>
</emailFolder>

• January 14, 2021

We are building a new org and doing it programmatically as it is highly customised.  We are also going down the SFDX route, so Dev Hub, Scratch, Source, Branching etc.

Anyone creating scratch orgs needs to be active in the system with ther permission to build scratch orgs.  BUT what is the minimum license they need?

Other than developing in Scratch and potentially using a prebuild Sandbox for some testing (where we can create them as sys admin) they will have zero to no interaction with production.

As I have 4 new devs, I don't really want 4 x Full Salesforce licenses when they will never use the functionality.

Asking this on success as well but came here in case any dev managers or others have feedback.

• April 24, 2020
Just getting started here, crash course in Packaging for a new org we are building.

Created a scratch org, made some basic changes:
  • 5 x Account Record Types
  • 6 x Custom Text/Number Fields
  • Amended a Layout
  • Gave Sys Admin Profile field permissions.
Pulled the changes into my VS and Repository.

Now want to create a package and configured package.xml as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">

<types>
        <members>Account</members>
        <name>CustomObject</name>
    </types>
    <types> 
        <members>Account.AccountSource</members> 
        <name>CustomField</name> 
    </types> 
    <types> 
        <members>LeadSource</members> 
        <name>StandardValueSet</name> 
    </types> 
    <types>
        <members>Account.CXC_Client</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Contractor_Company</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Contractor_Employee</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Entity</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Service_Partner</members>
        <members>Account.CXC_Supplier</members>
        <name>RecordType</name>
    </types>
    <types>
        <members>Admin</members>
        <name>Profile</name>
    </types>

Get the following error :

Account.Client: Picklist value: Advertisement in picklist: AccountSource not found

Lots of reading and links and changes and variations but still can't get it working.  Do I have the order wrong?  Do I need to do something else first?  Everything i have read suggests it is the right approach.
  • January 03, 2020