• Salesforce Consultant
  • EMPAUA

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Flow that needs to do a lookup on some custom settings where the SetupOwnerId = OrgId.
However when an end-user runs the flow it produces this error (note as Sys Admin I can run the Flow)

Error element getOrgID (FlowRecordLookup).
This error occurred when the flow tried to look up records: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported.

I also tried a Flow formula field set to be {!$Organization.Id} this produced errors as well.

Other posts seem to indicate that for user to see the Org data they need to have View All Data privs.  This is not possible for our data and since this is not Apex I cannot adjust the sharing. 
I hope not to have to had code the OrgId in a Flow variable as this is very bad practice as it would require Flow edits to move the Flow from Sandbox Orgs to Production.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Debra
  • June 19, 2017
t is possible to cause a Flow to bug by naming a variable "null". Flows will not check that the input is a string, and will reject saving the flow saying the name is not specified.

The error is not written as such, gives an internal error code, and is not helpful.

Reproductibility:
- Create a flow
- Create atext variable
- name the variable "null"
- the flow accepts it and does not show any validation errors.
- do some other stuff
- save
- see the error
- see that the flow now detects this as a validation error for some reason
- laugh and go get a coffee.
Magnificent error
Hey, I need to create a managed package that syncs some data into a custom object via json. 
After data comes in I need to have some triggers on that package that translates that data into Standard SF objects(Contact, Event, etc)
The 'data translation' is done via a trigger on the custom object. I need to have that trigger editable after deploy in case some customers have a bunch of custom fields or even objects that need to be translated to.
Am I correct in aproaching this with triggers? If so I need to have the triggers outside the managed package which then rises another question:
How would I go about this seeing how I want to implement SoC, Service/Domain layers, Selectors ? Should I just exclude all from managed package?
Hello,

In related list of opportunity object we are using qoute. We are not able to create a qoute after click in on new button. New button on the qoute object is custom button which contains link. this link redirect us to the production. So as we dont have access of production we are not able to create new quote. We were trying to add buttons from page layout of related list of opportunity object. but when we click on setting icon it opens empty panel. We need a help to add standard new button on quote object. Is this possible?

Thanks & regards,
Utkarsha
I am creating processes in the process builder and I would like the calculations on my due date field to exclude weeksn and only use business days. Is there a formula that can allow me to do this?
Hi all,

I am trying to do a mass update of formulas on Opportunity Line Items. I wanted to use recalculateformulas() but got an error.

Here is my script:
List<OpportunityLineItem> opportunitylineitems = [select id from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2Id = '01s20000000UD8hAAG'];
for (OpportunityLineItem oli : opportunitylineitems) (
oli.recalculateFormulas());

And here is the the error message:

Line: 3, Column: 1
System.UnexpectedException: Unable to create/update fields: CurrencyIsoCode, PricebookEntryId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to check if a field Account -> Customer Type is empty and if it is not, check if it is 'Managed Services', otherwise do nothing.

When account with somehting in 'Customer Type' opens a case, everything works smooth.
When 'Customer Type' is empty for account that opened a case, I get this error:

Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.Customer_Type__c because it hasn't been set or assigned.

Idea of the first check, Is Null, is to prevent this from happening but this does not help.

How it looks now

Any help is appriciated,

Thanks.

I have a Flow that needs to do a lookup on some custom settings where the SetupOwnerId = OrgId.
However when an end-user runs the flow it produces this error (note as Sys Admin I can run the Flow)

Error element getOrgID (FlowRecordLookup).
This error occurred when the flow tried to look up records: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported.

I also tried a Flow formula field set to be {!$Organization.Id} this produced errors as well.

Other posts seem to indicate that for user to see the Org data they need to have View All Data privs.  This is not possible for our data and since this is not Apex I cannot adjust the sharing. 
I hope not to have to had code the OrgId in a Flow variable as this is very bad practice as it would require Flow edits to move the Flow from Sandbox Orgs to Production.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Debra
  • June 19, 2017
I have a login flow where I set the boolean loginflow_forcelogout to true and yet instead of being logged out the user is logged into the community. This is pretty much the opposite of what I'd like to have happen. How do I get this feature to work properly?
We have "Form" Custom Object that could be connected to a "Template" Custom Object
Each "Template" has child object "Component" and Each "Template Component" has child object "Template Component Question"
Each "Form" has child object "Form Component" and Each "Form Component" has child object "Form Component Question"

Once template is being chosenin a specific "Form", there is a flow that copies all the specific "Template" child objects to a "Form" Child Objects

Currently, the flow handle the copy of 1st level of child objects and it is working great

We need to also copy the next level of child objects - Questions.

Can you explain me how to adjust our current flow to make this happen ?

Thanks in advance

User-added image