• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm attempting to create a LWC for the pre chat window in the embedded service deployment. 

I create a custom value to be used as an id based on the date/time of the chat request. I need to pass that value to a custom field that has been built on the chat transcript object. How do I pass that custom value to the chat transcript?

Thank you,

Jarryd

Hello,

This is curiosity. Say a visual force page is created that allows users to mass create records of object A. The visualforce page controller is setup to catch regular exceptions and dml exceptions when the the records of object A are inserted.

Now the insertion of the Object A records, causes a different apex trigger to fire and create a Object B record for each of those Object A records. Is there a way to catch any potential DML exceptions from the trigger insertion of Object B records, and return that exception to the original VF page?

Thanks for any insight!

Is there a way to bring up the standard lightning lead convert window via button click in a Lightning Component without having to create a whole new Lightning Component to mimic the convert functionality?

For clarity, the current image I have in my head is to create a Lightning component to simply call the force:editRecord tag. That lightning component would then have a button that would be labeled "Save and Convert" which would save the record, and then automagicaly bring up the Lightning Lead convert window.
Hello,

I've built an apex trigger (before insert before update) that will pass the case to an apex class, which that will update the owner of a case to either another user or a queue. The apex code performs perfectly for an admin user. When a non-admin user attempts to update the case where it will cause the owner to change to another user, they are given an insufficient privileges error. It was my understanding that apex ran at a system level and ignored user permissions.

I've checked debug logs and I'm not seeing any obvious fails from validation rules. I've also excluded "with sharing" from the apex class.

Can someone provide some insight into this for me?
Is there a way to bring up the standard lightning lead convert window via button click in a Lightning Component without having to create a whole new Lightning Component to mimic the convert functionality?

For clarity, the current image I have in my head is to create a Lightning component to simply call the force:editRecord tag. That lightning component would then have a button that would be labeled "Save and Convert" which would save the record, and then automagicaly bring up the Lightning Lead convert window.
Hello,

I've built an apex trigger (before insert before update) that will pass the case to an apex class, which that will update the owner of a case to either another user or a queue. The apex code performs perfectly for an admin user. When a non-admin user attempts to update the case where it will cause the owner to change to another user, they are given an insufficient privileges error. It was my understanding that apex ran at a system level and ignored user permissions.

I've checked debug logs and I'm not seeing any obvious fails from validation rules. I've also excluded "with sharing" from the apex class.

Can someone provide some insight into this for me?