• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We have set up salesforce as an identity provider for third party website and mobile app. Now we want to identity whether the login request is coming from mobile app or website. In order to achieve this, website is sending us a parameter called channel=web in sitelogin url but that url is getting redirected to SiteLogin?startURL=%2Fendusers%2Fsetup%2Fsecur%2FRemoteAccessAuthorizationPage.apexp%3Fsource=.

Is there any way by which we can have channel=web parameter in above url?

Thanks,
Rashmi Budakoti
I have a force.com site using authenticated website licenses along with SFDC setup as an identity provider for authentication on a WordPress site.

Users initiate login on the WordPress site at which point they are forwarded to a visualforce page where they can login, and then are redirected back to the WordPress site where they can access protected pages on the WordPress site as well as the force.com site pages.

Login via a visualforce page and then back to the WordPress site is required because of limitations with the authenticated website user license.

Everything works perfectly with one exception.

If the user has forgotten their password, they can click the forgot password link on the visualforce page. They complete the password reset process and are logged into the force.com site.

However, the single signon functionality was interrupted in the process.

So if they try to access the WordPress site's protected pages, they are asked to login again.

The only way I can get around this, as far as I can tell, is to redirect the user to an external URL (on the WordPress site) after they have logged in successfully following the password reset.

How can I do this?

Thanks

HI I need Help with Site.Login and page redirects:

As I understand it, Site.login() uses startURL as a third parameter but startURL only contains paths to the Sites local pages.

Is there anyway that I could do a standard login using site.Login() and then have that call an external page? (i.e.. Somehow incorporate a Page redirect using the external StartURL).

I am not performing another login at the external site. I just need to have the  login redirect the user to that external page. From there they can manually log in on that page.

Thanks much for your help.