• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I am facing an issue with cases, recently they were a lot of spam cases that have been created from web to case.
and this is not the first time it happened earlier also. So we have created validation rule on case to avoid spamming based on the subject, body, sender, etc but it's just a temporary solution because every time we receive a different kind of data, as soon as we get to know about spamming we are checking the values and adding those values in the validation rules to avoid further case creation.

But now we have come up with the below solution.

Creating an IP address field on case object, on the creation of case in salesforce we are saving the IP address of the system which we received the data from. so our motto is whenever more cases are created from the same IP address (10+ cases within 24 hours from the same IP address) then we are going to block that IP address temporarily. So I think by implementing this we can prevent spam cases creation in salesforce.

Question is:

How to get the IP address of the user's system in apex when they try to create a case?
I have a trigger on Contract Object, whenever the Contract record is updated the contract section in the associated opportunities will also get updated with the latest Contract data but while updating Contract record, Contract section in associated Opportunities is not updating instead I am getting validation errors which is created on Opportunity object.
Now I want to stop Opportunity validation rules when I update the contract section of Opportunity object from Contract trigger. Is there anything that we can pass from trigger to validation rules to stop validation rules errors?  Please help me.

How to display validation error in same page without redirecting to new page using trigger on click of delete button?
On click of "Merge Accounts" action link from account page it will take us to merge/accmergewizard.jsp wizard where we can Merge Accounts by Finding Accounts. On click of Find Accounts button you will get a list of accounts with fields called Customer Portal, Partner Portal, Account, Site and Owner.
Now my question is how can we add few more fields into this list (Merge my account screen)?
Problem here is CaseJiraItemAssociation__c object is a Junction Object which is having two master-detail relationships Case__c and JiraItem__c. in background they are creating JiraItem__c record (Only Id and Name field) and storing that Id and CaseId in CaseJiraItemAssociation__c junction object but somewhere all fields of JiraItem__c object is updating with values which I couldn't able to find where exactly and I have HostingType field in Case which I need to copy to JiraItem__c object through CaseJiraItemAssociation__c junction object, can anyone help me pls?
I have a trigger on Contract Object, whenever the Contract record is updated the contract section in the associated opportunities will also get updated with the latest Contract data but while updating Contract record, Contract section in associated Opportunities is not updating instead I am getting validation errors which is created on Opportunity object.
Now I want to stop Opportunity validation rules when I update the contract section of Opportunity object from Contract trigger. Is there anything that we can pass from trigger to validation rules to stop validation rules errors?  Please help me.

How to display validation error in same page without redirecting to new page using trigger on click of delete button?