• Brightpearl

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Please can someone help?  

I have no syntax errors on this, but it's also not causing the validation rule to fire when I test it:    

(NOT(contains(text(Picklist_Field__c ), "Text A")))&& (Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B")).

Interestingly, I started off trying to cover both ways in the same rule:

OR(
((NOT(contains(text(Picklist_Field__c ), "Text A")))&& (Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B")),
((Contains( Text(Picklist_Field__c ), “Text A”))&&
(NOT(Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B"))))
)

This works for the second scenario, but not the first, which leads me to think that perhaps 'NOT' doesn't work with 'CONTAINS', but there is no syntax error, it just doesn't work on testing (If I set the picklist field to something other than containing Text A and the multi select picklist field to include a value containing Text B)

Hopefully I'm missing something super obvious?!

TIA

Emma

Hi,

Here is my query......

q = load "Plan_Number_MS";
q = group q by all;
q = foreach q generate sum('Plan') as 'sum_Plan';
q = limit q 2000;
p = load "Oppotunity_Inc_Martketing_Info";
p = filter p by 'ForecastCategory' in ["Closed", "Forecast"];
p = group p by all;
p = foreach p generate sum('ACV__c') as 'sum_ACV__c';
p = limit p 2000;
s = union p,q;
t = group s by all;
t = foreach t generate sum('sum_ACV__c') as 'thesumO' , sum('sum_Plan') as 'thesumP';
u = foreach t generate round((thesumP-thesumO),0) as 'Gap to Plan';

It is returning the right figure, but I need to format it as $1,234,567.......how do I do this please?

Thanks in advance

Emma
Hi All,

I would like to create a validation rule that prevents a user from choosing particular values from a picklist, based on a checkbox value.  Both fields are on the Account object.

So, the picklist values are:

New ICP
BDR Working
Cold
Revisit

If the checkbox field 'Allocated Account?' = True, I only want the user to be able to proceed if they choose either New ICP, BDR Working, or Revisit. E.g. 'Cold' is not an option if the Allocated Account box is ticked.

To complicate matters, I also want to restrict the picklist choices if 'Allocated Account?' = False, so in that scenario, there would be an error if they tried to select 'Revisit'.  Would I need 2 validation rules, or can this all be accomplished with one?

Hope that all makes sense? Thanks so much in advance for your help!  (Yes, I know I need the API field names, I'm being lazy....will add them in when I actually build it! :-) )

Emma

Please can someone help?  

I have no syntax errors on this, but it's also not causing the validation rule to fire when I test it:    

(NOT(contains(text(Picklist_Field__c ), "Text A")))&& (Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B")).

Interestingly, I started off trying to cover both ways in the same rule:

OR(
((NOT(contains(text(Picklist_Field__c ), "Text A")))&& (Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B")),
((Contains( Text(Picklist_Field__c ), “Text A”))&&
(NOT(Includes(Multi_Select_Picklist_Field__c , "Text B"))))
)

This works for the second scenario, but not the first, which leads me to think that perhaps 'NOT' doesn't work with 'CONTAINS', but there is no syntax error, it just doesn't work on testing (If I set the picklist field to something other than containing Text A and the multi select picklist field to include a value containing Text B)

Hopefully I'm missing something super obvious?!

TIA

Emma

Hi,

Here is my query......

q = load "Plan_Number_MS";
q = group q by all;
q = foreach q generate sum('Plan') as 'sum_Plan';
q = limit q 2000;
p = load "Oppotunity_Inc_Martketing_Info";
p = filter p by 'ForecastCategory' in ["Closed", "Forecast"];
p = group p by all;
p = foreach p generate sum('ACV__c') as 'sum_ACV__c';
p = limit p 2000;
s = union p,q;
t = group s by all;
t = foreach t generate sum('sum_ACV__c') as 'thesumO' , sum('sum_Plan') as 'thesumP';
u = foreach t generate round((thesumP-thesumO),0) as 'Gap to Plan';

It is returning the right figure, but I need to format it as $1,234,567.......how do I do this please?

Thanks in advance

Emma
Hi All,

I would like to create a validation rule that prevents a user from choosing particular values from a picklist, based on a checkbox value.  Both fields are on the Account object.

So, the picklist values are:

New ICP
BDR Working
Cold
Revisit

If the checkbox field 'Allocated Account?' = True, I only want the user to be able to proceed if they choose either New ICP, BDR Working, or Revisit. E.g. 'Cold' is not an option if the Allocated Account box is ticked.

To complicate matters, I also want to restrict the picklist choices if 'Allocated Account?' = False, so in that scenario, there would be an error if they tried to select 'Revisit'.  Would I need 2 validation rules, or can this all be accomplished with one?

Hope that all makes sense? Thanks so much in advance for your help!  (Yes, I know I need the API field names, I'm being lazy....will add them in when I actually build it! :-) )

Emma