• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Hoping someone can give me some insight.  I have a simple PDF page returned via Apex
public PageReference ViewPDF()
{
   return Page.PackSlipPDF;
}
The first vf page gathers some info from the user, and after pressing a button, this function returns the PDF version of the Pack Slip for download / printing.

In every browser except Chrome you can download the resulting PDF without issue.  In Chrome, you can view the PDF no problem, but you get a "Failed - Network Error" message if you try to download it.  Searching through many fourms, it seems that after a certain Chrome update, you get this error if the "content-length" header is not set properly.  The Chrome help fourms say that it needs to be fixed on our end, but for us, I believe the content-length hearder is set behind the scenes and we don't have the power to over-ride it (I've tried, and have also read in other posts that you can't).  

Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution?

Hi All,

Hoping someone can give me some insight.  I have a simple PDF page returned via Apex
public PageReference ViewPDF()
{
   return Page.PackSlipPDF;
}
The first vf page gathers some info from the user, and after pressing a button, this function returns the PDF version of the Pack Slip for download / printing.

In every browser except Chrome you can download the resulting PDF without issue.  In Chrome, you can view the PDF no problem, but you get a "Failed - Network Error" message if you try to download it.  Searching through many fourms, it seems that after a certain Chrome update, you get this error if the "content-length" header is not set properly.  The Chrome help fourms say that it needs to be fixed on our end, but for us, I believe the content-length hearder is set behind the scenes and we don't have the power to over-ride it (I've tried, and have also read in other posts that you can't).  

Has anyone else had this problem and figured out a solution?

Hello guys,

I have 2 visualforce pages and 1 apex controller extension for both. On the first page I capture some information that is displayed on the second page (renderAs PDF).  On the first page, one Button is using this simple methode to open the second page.
public PageReference quotePage(){     
        PageReference qPage = Page.quote2;        	

return qPage;
}

There is no problem showing a pdf preview, but the chrome download function is not working. Chrome is not able to recognize the pdf format in the save option. I have already deleted my cookies but the error still appears.  Firefox works fine, but it is important for us to do it with google chrome.  

If i open the pdf page directly it is not a problem for chrome to download it..So the problem should be the controller methode. 

Thanks for your help guys ! i hope there is a simple solution for that.

Cheers,

Sandra W 
Hello guys,

I have 2 visualforce pages and 1 apex controller extension for both. On the first page I capture some information that is displayed on the second page (renderAs PDF).  On the first page, one Button is using this simple methode to open the second page.
public PageReference quotePage(){     
        PageReference qPage = Page.quote2;        	

return qPage;
}

There is no problem showing a pdf preview, but the chrome download function is not working. Chrome is not able to recognize the pdf format in the save option. I have already deleted my cookies but the error still appears.  Firefox works fine, but it is important for us to do it with google chrome.  

If i open the pdf page directly it is not a problem for chrome to download it..So the problem should be the controller methode. 

Thanks for your help guys ! i hope there is a simple solution for that.

Cheers,

Sandra W