• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We were looking to migrate to Files as a first step to prep for a Lightning migration and noticed a potential useful setting:

"Files uploaded to the Attachments related list on records are uploaded as Salesforce Files, not as attachments"

(Customize > Salesforce Files > Settings > General Settings)

I noticed that when when this setting is enabled it does not behave as expected. In fact it performs the opposite as it describes. It creates an Attachment when uploading a File as opposed to creating a File when uploading a legacy Attachment.

Is this the expected behavior? Why would I enable this setting in my org? Does anyone have a link I can read more about this?
There's supposedly an idea that went live with Winter 2019 - however I'm really struggling to figure out where this feature is added. Is it even available for 'Classic Email Templates'?
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000kvSTAAY

All of our templates that use 'external images' as Documents come across as broken links when rendered in Outlook - because they are getting blocked by our email client.

However if we can transistion to adding inline images in our templates, maybe this could solve our problem? Is there a video or tutorial as to what this solves and how it works?
There's supposedly an idea that went live with Winter 2019 - however I'm really struggling to figure out where this feature is added. Is it even available for 'Classic Email Templates'?
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000kvSTAAY

All of our templates that use 'external images' as Documents come across as broken links when rendered in Outlook - because they are getting blocked by our email client.

However if we can transistion to adding inline images in our templates, maybe this could solve our problem? Is there a video or tutorial as to what this solves and how it works?
Javascript exception is happening when we are using 3 dependant picklists (One Main picklist, One Picklist dependant on the Main Pick List and One more dependant on the Second Pick List) in a Visual Force Page with standard controller extension. This issue is happening only in Chrome browser. The Issue we are getting is "picklist4.js:21 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at HTMLSelectElement.picklist.onControllerChange (picklist4.js:21)". Because of this error, the dependant picklists are not getting enabled on selection of items in the Main Pick List.
Scenario:
- Dependent Picklist on a Custom Object.
- Parent Picklist has 4 values.
- Child Picklist has 10 values.
- Only one parent Picklist value has values in the child Picklist.
- Double click to inline edit either picklist: Javascript Error: "Cannot read property '<parent fieldlabel>' of undefined". (<parent fieldlabel> is the Label of the parent field)

This is supposed to bring up the dependent Picklist field editor popup where both fields are there in a little popup with a save button.

I've tried:
1. Making at least one child value appear for all parent values.
2. Enabling/Disabling each Critical Update.
3. Moving the fields on the Page Layout.
4. Click the Edit button to edit instead of inline edit.  This works!  But doesn't fix the inline edit issue.

JS Stacktrace:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Carrier' of undefined
    at picklistForInlineEditing.picklist.generate (picklist2.js:7)
    at picklistForInlineEditing.generate (picklist2.js:11)
    at picklistForInlineEditing.picklist.onLoad (picklist2.js:5)
    at DynamicEnumField.load (main.js:1673)
    at InlineEditData.openGroup (main.js:1095)
    at InlineEditData.openField (main.js:1092)
    at InlineEditData.dynamicDataLoaded (main.js:1107)
    at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (main.js:1107)
    at HTMLScriptElement.e (main.js:479)
picklist.generate @ picklist2.js:7
picklistForInlineEditing.generate @ picklist2.js:11
picklist.onLoad @ picklist2.js:5
DynamicEnumField.load @ main.js:1673
InlineEditData.openGroup @ main.js:1095
InlineEditData.openField @ main.js:1092
InlineEditData.dynamicDataLoaded @ main.js:1107
(anonymous) @ main.js:1107
e @ main.js:479

No idea on this one.  Stumped!