• 40 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all. With the possibilities of Quick Action now, especially Lightning Components + Flows, it's very possible to pop a complex wizard from a Quick Action. And this long wizard can create records. But if the user clicks the cross to close the quick action, and one wants to delete the records... how would one do that? How can we capture/prevent the closing action to happen? I tried to handle the force:closeQuickAction event, but apparently, I do not receive it.
I doubt I am the first to have this need. Any help appreciated.
I need Guest users in my Community to be able to give their details, to create the corresponding Contact. I gave the Guest profile Create (and even Read, even if it should not be needed) rights on the Contact object.
In terms of permissions, it works, because my Guest Users can now use a Quick Create action on Contact, which they could not see before.
However, lightning:recordEditForm fails displaying at all, even for creating a Contact.
I consider this as a bug of the component. Am I right?
I need Guest users in my Community to be able to give their details, to create the corresponding Contact. I gave the Guest profile Create (and even Read, even if it should not be needed) rights on the Contact object.
In terms of permissions, it works, because my Guest Users can now use a Quick Create action on Contact, which they could not see before.
However, lightning:recordEditForm fails displaying at all, even for creating a Contact.
I consider this as a bug of the component. Am I right?
I keepg getting this error for form submittions from my website..

No such column 'InformalName' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I have added 'InformalName' in Contact but still no resolution. Can any one here help ?

We have 2 web-to-lead forms on our new website.  Both forms use the exact same fields - we just want them to come in as different Lead Record Types.

In order to do this, i added the fields we need in your code generator and included the lead record type as a field.  When we developed the form, the Lead Record Type field is hidden to the user, so depending on the form they're on, it automatically sends the Lead Record Type we want into sales force.

The correct code for the record type is passing to salesforce.  However, every lead is coming in as the same record type: "Other."

I have some screenshots of what we're passing to SF as well as the code SF generated for the form in the first place.  But I figured I'd give the overview before we got into the details.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Howdy everyone,

Well, I'm a bit stumped. I'm trying to test a web-to-lead form where I preset the record type:

<input type="hidden" id="recordType" name="recordType" value="012Q00000008ULW">

I have the "keep the existing record type" option set under Lead Settings and it is still not working. 

Everything else is populating correctly on the lead record in SFDC. 

Thoughts?

Thanks,