• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Admins!

Can anyone please help me clear my understanding here on OWD?

There is a Position custom object and below are the object level permissions set at (Profile/Permission set) level for it.

Recruiter Profile - Read,Create,Edit
Hiring Manager Permission set - Read,Create,Edit*
Interviewer Permission set - Read (No access to Max Pay and Min pay field )
Standard Employee Profile - Read (No access to Max Pay and Min pay field )

It has been mentioned that OWD setting will be Public Read-only considering most restricted profile as Standard Employee profile users.

But i have question and confusion, why we do not have Position OWD set as Public Read/Write because i think we already have restricted access to Position object records at Profile and Permission set level.

User-added image

Hi Everyone!

Am new to slaesforce and Am trying to learn apex. 

Can anyone breakdown the following..

Schema.SObjectType.Event.getRecordTypeInfosByName().get(Label.RecordTypeName).getRecordTypeId();

Schema  --> is a class 
SObjectType--> Am guessing it is an inner class
Event--> I understand this can be any object api name but how does that translate to apex? how are we able to call an object name on class? is it because that the object name is a variable inside the inner class?
getRecordTypeInfosByName() --> I guess it is a method inside the inner class
get(Label.RecordTypeName) --> another method but how are we able to call method from a method? method1().method2()??
getRecordTypeId(); --> another method???

Am pretty new to oops(apex) and would like to know how they are internally structure for the way the calls are happeining in the above statement?
can any one explain please.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Admins!

Can anyone please help me clear my understanding here on OWD?

There is a Position custom object and below are the object level permissions set at (Profile/Permission set) level for it.

Recruiter Profile - Read,Create,Edit
Hiring Manager Permission set - Read,Create,Edit*
Interviewer Permission set - Read (No access to Max Pay and Min pay field )
Standard Employee Profile - Read (No access to Max Pay and Min pay field )

It has been mentioned that OWD setting will be Public Read-only considering most restricted profile as Standard Employee profile users.

But i have question and confusion, why we do not have Position OWD set as Public Read/Write because i think we already have restricted access to Position object records at Profile and Permission set level.

User-added image

Hi,

I am very much new to the salesforce

I am creating recruiting app using a following book

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/fundamentals/salesforce_creating_on_demand_apps.pdf

in its security and sharing data section I have created a user Phil Katz, and trying to make this as a DBA owner as per the steps given in the book but I am getting error saying

Transfer Requires Read The new owner must have "Read" permissions on this type of record.

Click hereto return to the previous page.

how to get it resolved, how to provide read access to this new user.

please suggest

Thanks,

Manish.