• Member since 2019
  • Mr

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I have tried everything with regards to sending more than 5,000 to our customers each day. I have tried Apex, workflow/email alerts and cannot do this. In fact, there is NO way of doing this. Simply, we have 400,000 customers and on average need to send 10,000 invoices and appointments out each day. They are not manually sent by clicking a button on the account/contact page. They are sent hourly each day. What do i need to do to send more than 10,000 emails per day to person accounts? What do large companies use?  thanks
hi, we currently send 2,500 emails to our customers (they all have accounts). These emails include invoices, appointments etc. These are operational emails on a daily basis. We are ramping up these emails to possibly 10,000 to 15,000 per day. We will not be able to send these. Do we have to use an external app for this as SF cannot do this. Compared to many large companies on SF, we are a medium sized company - what do other companies do? thanks for any advice
hi, I am looking for advice on the best approach to prevent duplicates in a custom object. The scenario is this;
For each day, a customer may have many appointments of a certain type (Type1). Once an appointment for that day is added to the object (this is currently done via a process and flow), I do not want another to be added, but I do want to flag a boolean field to show that the customer has more than one appointment.
This is what I currently have;
cust   appointmentdate   type
001   01-03-2020           Type 1
001   01-03-2020           Type 2

I require;
cust   appointmentdate   type        other appointments
001   01-03-2020           Type 1     Yes
002   01-03-2020           Type 1     No

Any advice on the best way to approach this would be great. thanks in advance, 
hi, the following code creates a csv and sends it attached by email. When I paste this into dev console and execute, it works perfectly.
However, I need to create this as a class and process via a process builder and pass 3 variables of information to the class; strEmailTo, strPhone and strTreatment. I'm not sure how to do this. Any help much appreciated thanks.

string header = 'Telephone;Content \n';
string finalstr = header ;
string mStr;
string strPhone;
string strDate;
string strEmailTo;
string strTreatment;

strDate = '01/09/2019';
strPhone = '12345678';
strEmailTo = 'me@me.com';
strTreatment = 'test123';

mStr='Hi, your '+strTreatment+ ' treatment is scheduled for '+strDate ;

string recordString = +strphone+';'+mstr+'\n';
finalstr = finalstr +recordString;

Messaging.EmailFileAttachment csvAttc = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();

blob csvBlob = Blob.valueOf(finalstr);
string csvname= 'custom.csv';
csvAttc.setFileName(csvname);
csvAttc.setBody(csvBlob);

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email =new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

String[] toAddresses = new list<string> {strEmailTo};
String subject ='Visit';

email.setSubject(subject);
email.setToAddresses( toAddresses );
email.setPlainTextBody('%Content%');
email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[]{csvAttc});
Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});
Hi,
I have created a process to get the value of a field (Model - which is of picklist type). This value should then update another field 'Name';
[GTProduct__c].Name =[GTProduct__c].Model__c 

I get the error "Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions."

any help thank you
Hi, I have tried everything with regards to sending more than 5,000 to our customers each day. I have tried Apex, workflow/email alerts and cannot do this. In fact, there is NO way of doing this. Simply, we have 400,000 customers and on average need to send 10,000 invoices and appointments out each day. They are not manually sent by clicking a button on the account/contact page. They are sent hourly each day. What do i need to do to send more than 10,000 emails per day to person accounts? What do large companies use?  thanks
hi, we currently send 2,500 emails to our customers (they all have accounts). These emails include invoices, appointments etc. These are operational emails on a daily basis. We are ramping up these emails to possibly 10,000 to 15,000 per day. We will not be able to send these. Do we have to use an external app for this as SF cannot do this. Compared to many large companies on SF, we are a medium sized company - what do other companies do? thanks for any advice
hi, the following code creates a csv and sends it attached by email. When I paste this into dev console and execute, it works perfectly.
However, I need to create this as a class and process via a process builder and pass 3 variables of information to the class; strEmailTo, strPhone and strTreatment. I'm not sure how to do this. Any help much appreciated thanks.

string header = 'Telephone;Content \n';
string finalstr = header ;
string mStr;
string strPhone;
string strDate;
string strEmailTo;
string strTreatment;

strDate = '01/09/2019';
strPhone = '12345678';
strEmailTo = 'me@me.com';
strTreatment = 'test123';

mStr='Hi, your '+strTreatment+ ' treatment is scheduled for '+strDate ;

string recordString = +strphone+';'+mstr+'\n';
finalstr = finalstr +recordString;

Messaging.EmailFileAttachment csvAttc = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();

blob csvBlob = Blob.valueOf(finalstr);
string csvname= 'custom.csv';
csvAttc.setFileName(csvname);
csvAttc.setBody(csvBlob);

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email =new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

String[] toAddresses = new list<string> {strEmailTo};
String subject ='Visit';

email.setSubject(subject);
email.setToAddresses( toAddresses );
email.setPlainTextBody('%Content%');
email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[]{csvAttc});
Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});
Hi,
I have created a process to get the value of a field (Model - which is of picklist type). This value should then update another field 'Name';
[GTProduct__c].Name =[GTProduct__c].Model__c 

I get the error "Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions."

any help thank you

Hi,

I need to construct a CSV file with APEX and am a bit new to this cloud computing.

Do you have any sample code I could get started with that, or a resources that you can point me to develop and generate a  CSV File to send through the Email??

Can this be achieved in salesforce by any Way?

• December 29, 2011