• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to put this out to the sfdc developer community to see if anyone has some feedback on a question I've received as part of a technical assessment for a Salesforce developer role. 

Specifically, a hiring manager has asked me the following:

Given the following 2 classes:
Class Folder
name: string
parent: Folder

Class File

Complete the following function in pseudocode to return the full string path of a file.

function getFullFilePath(file: File): string {
         …
return path
}
My question is can someone please explain to me how you would respond to this? Also, what is your interpretation of what is being asked?

• January 25, 2020
I'm using a PB Flow and a Visual Flow to achieve the following. When a new Shipment (custom object) record is created, it contains Shipping Address details. If the address is X, and a Building Record (custom object) already exists also with a value X, then use the Visual Flow to relate those records. However, if X does not exist as a Building record, then create a new Building record, mapping over details from the Shipment, and then update the Shipment record to establish a relationship. 

The flow below is not recognizing Buildings in the database and is instead creating new Buildings each time it runs. Can someone please advise on how to solve this puzzle?

User-added image

These are my loop variables:

User-added image

And these are the Decision Conditions I'm using to determine if there is a match between a Building in the Collection and the Variables passed through from the Shipment record (of couse this is not working). 
User-added image

• July 03, 2019
I'm following the work of automationchampion (https://automationchampion.com/tag/run-lead-assignment-rules-for-process-builder/)on using process builder and an Apex class to invoke Salesforce routing rules once a lead meets certain critera. Everything is working fine except when I import mulitple records with the Dataloader, in which case the process fails because my code is not bulkified. Has anyone bulkified this before?

Here is my Apex class.

public class AssignLeadsUsingAssignmentRules {     @InvocableMethod     public static void LeadAssign(List<Id> LeadIds)     {             Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();             dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule= true;                       Lead Leads=[select id from lead where lead.id in :LeadIds];             Leads.setOptions(dmo);          
            update Leads;   
      }
}
  • April 05, 2019
We currently have apex code to convert any new lead to a contact under qualifying conditions after insert and after update, but whenever you either do a bulk import, or if you select multiple leads and change a field (ie, the owner), the trigger will only fire for the first lead in the selection and the rest will never be triggered. Process Builders and other automation will fire correctly, so it's limited to apex triggers exclusively at this point. I presume this is because the trigger looks at it as a single update or transaction, rather than seeing it as multiple leads being updated? Personally I see this as a potential flaw in Salesforce design, but I wanted to know if anybody else has come across this? Is there a setting I'm missing, or maybe a workaround I haven't thought of? I'm at the verge of creating a cronjob to automatically convert qualifying leads, which is something I'd rather avoid if at all possible.
I want to put this out to the sfdc developer community to see if anyone has some feedback on a question I've received as part of a technical assessment for a Salesforce developer role. 

Specifically, a hiring manager has asked me the following:

Given the following 2 classes:
Class Folder

Class File

Complete the following function in pseudocode to return the full string path of a file.

function getFullFilePath(file: File): string {
         …
return path
}
My question is can someone please explain to me how you would respond to this? Also, what is your interpretation of what is being asked?

• January 25, 2020
I'm using a PB Flow and a Visual Flow to achieve the following. When a new Shipment (custom object) record is created, it contains Shipping Address details. If the address is X, and a Building Record (custom object) already exists also with a value X, then use the Visual Flow to relate those records. However, if X does not exist as a Building record, then create a new Building record, mapping over details from the Shipment, and then update the Shipment record to establish a relationship. 

The flow below is not recognizing Buildings in the database and is instead creating new Buildings each time it runs. Can someone please advise on how to solve this puzzle?

User-added image

These are my loop variables:

User-added image

And these are the Decision Conditions I'm using to determine if there is a match between a Building in the Collection and the Variables passed through from the Shipment record (of couse this is not working). 
User-added image

• July 03, 2019