• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

Thanks for any assistance. 

I am working inside the formulas and validations > Implement rollup and summary fields module and have contuously gotten the "potential_value_ _c does not exist" but It does. However, I noticed I cannot select or see an 'expected revenue' option for 'field to aggregate'. Any help is much appreciated. User-added image
Hello,

Thanks for any assistance. 

I am working inside the formulas and validations > Implement rollup and summary fields module and have contuously gotten the "potential_value_ _c does not exist" but It does. However, I noticed I cannot select or see an 'expected revenue' option for 'field to aggregate'. Any help is much appreciated. User-added image
While doing the challenge "Create a rollup summary field that determines the potential value of the opportunities associated with an account."

I get the message, Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  The field 'Potential_Value__c' does not exist.

Everything looks ok, and I can even see the field on my setup page under recent items. 
Is it not suppose to be a custom field definition?

Thanks
In the 'Getting Started with APEX Triggers' (http://goo.gl/5YJ01q) module, an error message appears when attempting the first example/exercise. 
 The instructions read: 
  • 1. In the Developer Console, click File | New | Trigger. (The menu path is actually File | New | APEX Trigger).
  • 2. Enter helloWorldTrigger for the trigger name, and then select Account for the sObject. ClickSubmit. (stet)
When clicking submit in step 2, an error message appears: "The Trigger "HelloWorldTrigger " is not a legal name." The parenthesis around HelloWorldTrigger are not entered in step 2. 

Work Around:  
In Setup go Develop | Apex Triggers
Launch the Dev Console (DC) from setup UI. 
Removed previous text from within the Query Editor tab which contained an invalid query, and was promtping an error message itself.
Continued with set 2, above. 

I was able to save the new trigger in the Dev Console. I then deleted it, closed the DC, and repeated the steps from the Trailhead exercise (where the DC was launched from Name | Dev Console, not Setup | Develop). I was then able to save the trigger without error. 

Take Away: it may have been the erronous text in the query editor, when the DC was launched from Name | DC. Subsequently adding erronous text back into the query editor, and repeating set 2 above did not throw a naming error the second time.