• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all.

We want to set up SSO to Salesforce via an external identity provider, and the authentication flow is clear.

However, we'd also like to do something else, which is synchronizing certain attributes in the Salesforce user record when they change in the Identity Provider (for example: when the Department of a user is changed, that to be synced to Salesforce on the next SSO).

Is that possible to do via SAML configuration? Is there some documentation on how to do it? I have found the Identity Connect option by the way, but it seems significantly more complex to set up than SSO via SAML.

Thanks in advance.
Hi all.

We want to copy certain HTML content (how we obtain that is not relevant for the question) into a field of type Rich Text Area (through a Apex code). Things "mostly" work, but the problem is that the Rich Text Area field does not accept/support all HTML tags, so those not supported appear as plain text. Is there an "automated" way, from Apex code, to remove the unsupported tags from the HTML? This would have to be some help class of some sort built directly by Salesforce I imagine, although the reason I am asking is because that code already exists "out there": it is exactly what happens in the UI if you copy HTML from somewhere and paste it into a Rich Text Area.

Thanks in advance for any insights on this.
Hi!

Anybody have an idea on how can I make the Sales Path on lead page read-only?
I do not want users to click on this path to mark it as complete..

I want them to use the Lead status field from the detail page to change the lead status..Once saved, the status will just reflects in the sales path section.

Thanks!
Guys, am trying to set up an external object and when i create a view to load the records for the external object, I get an error: 

The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values.

oDataTest1 is my service
My external table has fields like
JobId, TotalOpens, TotalClicks, TotalSent
External table has JobID as the primary key.

I let SF auto generate the external object for this table.
So External Object now has custom fields like JobID, TotalOpens, totalClicks, totalSent
It also has standard fields like ExternalID and DisplayURL.

The query SF tries to make is:
https://www.exacttargetapis.com/odata/v1/service/Tracking_JobAggregate1?$top=201&$filter=JobID ge 1&$orderby=JobID&$count=true&$select=JobID,TotalClicks,TotalOpens,TotalSent

I confirmed that this service will return the correct records.
But looks like SF is failing on loading the results into the external object?
I verified that my external table does not have duplicate values in primary key field JobID ( it is really a primary key)

Any ideas why I still get this error?
The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values