• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have Salesforce Ultimate, Summer 2015 release. My login has adminstrator privileges and API is enabled.

I am developing a Windows forms application in C# that will use the REST Analytics API to capture report information. I am using the OAuth 2.0 User Agent flow to obtain an authentication token. I have registered my app as a Connected App, with a callback URI of sfrr:oauth2. I monitor the URLs during authentication and intercept any calls to that uri. In the Connected App setup, I selected "full" and "refresh_token, offline_access" as OAuth Scopes.

After some initial difficulty, I am now regularly receiving my access token. However, when I tried to use that token to retreive a report, I got the 401 status (Not Authorized). At that point, I went back to the sample queries from the REST API Developer's Guide and started excuting them. The first query in the form <instance_url>/services/data/ returns a list of API versions, as expected. The next call is to <instance_url>/services/data/v34.0/. I should get a list of available resources, but I get the Not Authorized response instead. I am passing my access token in the request header using "Authorization:Bearer <access token>" and <instance_url> is the URL returned iin my OAuth User Agent results.

I saw -- once and could not find it again -- a forum response that gave the name and email address for a contact in Salesforce if your organization cannot access even though access should otherwise be available. Is that still a problem? Is there somethig else I'm missing here? Suggestions and enlightenment gratefully accepted.