• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I hope some one been through my situtation. Currently migrating a once salesforce on to one other salesforce instance. When Migrating Attachments I am facing a weird situation where I am Unable to find the work around. Could any one please help me..Any suggestions welcomed.

Scenario
I am migrating 7000 attachments of object 'Case', Obiviously any tool we use we have to pull down the files to local source and refer the path of the file while exporting to salesforce in 'Body' Field. And dealing with all attachments at time causes memory and time consuming never what error comes. So I am doing the migration of case object related Attchments in increamentally,  based on createddate date range of 3 months.

The problem I am facing is, Many times many files from differenct cases having same file name, So when I import a set of attachments on Windows platoform, It is replacing if any other case has simillar infact same name. But relistically both are different files belongs to different cases. Due to this Attachments record count most of the higher than the file count in my Target Folder on Windows.

In a Example. lets say 2 cases, case A and case B has 2 different attchments but same name like A1.pdf on Case A, A1.pdf on Case 2.  My generated Csv file containing 2 records and but target folder at Windows is containing only one file as Windows treating other duplicate and jsut replacing last file.

It is becoming hilgly Impossible to trace out when 1000 + files are there even shorten the criteria to 1 month. Does anyone come across of similar problem from any of their migration jobs. I am so greatful to any suggestions indeed please 

I am happy to describe more clearly if anything on my problem is not clear. 

Regards
S
I have Guys,i need datamigration information with videos 

from salesforce to salesforce and Microsoft Dynamic crm to salesforce

Anyone please help me

This is our situation:

We need to move data from a companies existing database, into salesforce.com.

The existing data we have is account, contact, opportunities, and leads data and we have a "saleslogix" identification number with every record.

We want to to use the excel connector and vlookups to import the account information into salesforce. We want to relate the contact information to the parent account information (is this where we need the vlookup function?). We also want to relate the opportunities information to the aparent account information.

Finally we want to import the leads information. The company has "account leads" and "contact leads". They want the contact information related to the account information on the Lead object.

Would anybody mind give me a brief, starting guide as to how I can accomplish these tasks? Thank you so much for any help.

I currently work for an organisation who have chosen to use SalesForce.

We have two sandboxes.

We wish to migrate the entire org from sandbox to the next on a night by night bases at midnight, so this must be a completely automated process.

We will be using Ant, which will load the Data Migration Tool to migrate the data, which will be scheduled at 12AM daily.

When migrating workflows, I get errors, because workflow objects have "User" inside them. For example, outbound messages have an "User to send as" field which stores the Username. Another example is in tasks, there is a "Assigned To" field which again stores a Username.

Heres where the problem lies. When trying to push workflows to the destination sandbox, it errors because the user exists in the source sandbox, and not the destination sandbox. Furthermore, the user cannot be pushed into the destination, because the users must be globally unique to the entire salesforce database.

The obvious answer is, touch up the xml files after the pull from source sandbox and before the push to destination sandbox. But this needs to be an automated process.

Does anybody have a solution for this? Or even an application that can/will touch up xml accordingly.

• December 23, 2009