• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Team,

What are the use cases for Lightning AURA components for a beginner?

Many Thanks for all your help and support!
Hi Team,

I have requirement to make multi-select picklist dependent on single select picklist & the only when a certain value of single select picklist is select should the multi-select picklist be enabled.

Can this be achieved using out of the box feature?

Many Thanks in advance for all your help and support!
Hi Team,

I am designing my system. The object 1(could be a standard or custom object, not decided yet) is as below,

Object 1

Field 1 --> Picklist
Field 2 --> Picklist
Field 3 --> Picklist
Status  --> Text ( Status is not important while determining count in Object 2)

Object 2
Field 1 --> Picklist
Field 2 --> Picklist
Field 3 --> Picklist
Max count--> Number
TotalCountFrom1--> ??

1) How do I determine the value for TotalCountFrom1 in Object2 from Object 1? Can it be done using out-of-box features of sfdc.com?

2) Whenever a record is added to Object 1 and it makes the TotalCountFrom1 > Max count in Object 2, the status of Object 1 should be set to 'Pending'. When the requestor send for approval process, if approved the Status should be 'Complete' and when rejected the status should be 'Rejected'.
I am planning to use Automation process available in salesforce(Flow Builder) to check Object 2 if TotalCountFrom1 > Max count.

Is the design idea sound? Since the entry in Object 1 is dependent on entry in Object 2 and from point 1 the entry in Object 2 is decided by entry in Object 1, would it lead to a deadlock situation?

Many Thanks in advance!

Hi Team,

I have a certain Apex class and corresponding Test Apex class in Dev(Sandbox), Systems, User acceptance test and Production regions of sfdc.com.

I want to delete that Apex class and assoiciated Test Apex class component from all the 4 sfdc.com regions mentioned above.

I am new to the project and do no know what tool the previous developers used. My manager is also clueless.

We do not have any IDE installed on our machines.

I heard of salesforce workbench online tool to be used to delete apex components.

Can someone let me know how to delete the apex components from salesforce environments?

Can I manually delete from apex components from the setup option of the salesforce environments?

Many Thanks for all your help and support!

Hi team,
Can we call an apex class with addError method from Flow builder spring 19' to display custom error message when any specific error occurs in Flow Builder?
Hi Team,

Can we call an apex class with addError method from process builder to display custom error message when any specific error occurs in process builder?
Hi Team,

I have a requirement where in the Contact object cannot have more than X number of Contacts for an "Agency Location" and "Agency Type" fields for a "Role" field.

"Agency Location" and "Agency Type" field are single select picklist. "Role" field is a multiselect picklist.

Planning to store that count for agency and location combination for each role in another object.

How do I update the count of number of contacts based on the "Agency Location" and "Agency Type" combination for a "Role" into another object?

Hi Team,

Is it possible to throw a custom error message on the screen when save button is clicked for a record as it would create a duplicate value.

Assumption: I am using a process builder and Flow Builder.

Many Thanks in advance!
Hi Team,

Any suggesstions please?

The Salesforce URL - https://greatcompany.my.salesforce.com is used to login to my PROD salesforce org.

While connecting to dataloader app using Server Host - https://greatcompany.my.salesforce.com,  I am getting the error message mentioned below,

2019-06-26 14:54:15,073 ERROR [main] client.PartnerClient setConfiguredSessionId
 (PartnerClient.java:535) - Failed to get user info using manually configured se
ssion id
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to https://greatcompany.my.
salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/46.0
        at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:121)
        at com.sforce.soap.partner.PartnerConnection.getUserInfo(PartnerConnecti
on.java:575)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.setConfiguredSessionId
(PartnerClient.java:533)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.login(PartnerClient.ja
va:508)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.connect(PartnerClient.
java:229)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.login(Controller.java
:225)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.login(Controller.java
:220)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.AuthenticationRunner.loginAsync(Authenti
cationRunner.java:100)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown Source)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.AuthenticationRunner.login(Authenticatio
nRunner.java:77)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoginStandardControl.loginButton_Clicked
(LoginStandardControl.java:75)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.uiActions.OperationUIAction.run(Operatio
nUIAction.java:54)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoaderWindow$2.widgetSelected(LoaderWind
ow.java:238)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoaderWindow.run(LoaderWindow.java:149)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.createAndShowGUI(Cont
roller.java:266)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.DataLoaderRunner.main(DataLoaderRun
ner.java:50)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.s
ecurity.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid cert
ification path to requested target
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Alert.java:131)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(TransportContext.ja
va:320)
va:263)
va:258)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.
checkServerCerts(CertificateMessage.java:641)
onCertificate(CertificateMessage.java:460)
consume(CertificateMessage.java:360)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLHandshake.consume(SSLHandshake.java:392
)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(HandshakeContext
.java:441)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(HandshakeContext
.java:419)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.dispatch(TransportContext
.java:177)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(SSLTransport.java:164)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(SSLSocketImpl.java:11
80)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocke
tImpl.java:1091)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl
.java:402)
        at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.createLayeredSock
et(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:396)
        at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSL
ConnectionSocketFactory.java:355)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect
(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:142)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(
PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:373)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClie
ntExec.java:394)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.
java:237)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java
:185)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java
:110)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttp
Client.java:185)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttp
Client.java:83)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttp
Client.java:108)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.client.HttpClientTransport.getContent(HttpC
lientTransport.java:133)
        at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:97)
        ... 29 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:
 sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find vali
d certification path to requested target
        at java.base/sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.
java:384)
        at java.base/sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXVal
idator.java:289)
        at java.base/sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:26
4)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustMan
agerImpl.java:321)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509Trus
tManagerImpl.java:221)
        at java.base/sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X5
09TrustManagerImpl.java:129)
checkServerCerts(CertificateMessage.java:625)
        ... 53 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
 find valid certification path to requested target
        at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(Sun
CertPathBuilder.java:141)
        at java.base/sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBui
ld(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126)
        at java.base/java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.ja
va:297)
        at java.base/sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.
java:379)
        ... 59 more
2019-06-26 14:54:15,077 ERROR [main] ui.AuthenticationRunner handleError (Authen
ticationRunner.java:130) - Failed to send request to https://greatcompany.my.salesfor
ce.com/services/Soap/u/46.0
2019-06-26 14:54:15,078 ERROR [main] ui.AuthenticationRunner handleError (Authen
ticationRunner.java:131) -
        com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:121)
        com.sforce.soap.partner.PartnerConnection.getUserInfo(PartnerConnection.
java:575)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.setConfiguredSessionId(Pa
rtnerClient.java:533)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.login(PartnerClient.java:
508)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.client.PartnerClient.connect(PartnerClient.jav
a:229)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.login(Controller.java:22
5)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.login(Controller.java:22
0)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.AuthenticationRunner.loginAsync(Authenticat
ionRunner.java:100)
        java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835)
        org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown Source)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.AuthenticationRunner.login(AuthenticationRu
nner.java:77)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoginStandardControl.loginButton_Clicked(Lo
ginStandardControl.java:75)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
        org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.uiActions.OperationUIAction.run(OperationUI
Action.java:54)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoaderWindow$2.widgetSelected(LoaderWindow.
java:238)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
        org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
        org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.ui.LoaderWindow.run(LoaderWindow.java:149)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.createAndShowGUI(Control
ler.java:266)
        com.salesforce.dataloader.process.DataLoaderRunner.main(DataLoaderRunner
.java:50)
Hi Team,

I have a contact object whose "Role" field can be any of the 10 values, 'A' thru 'J'. The contact object has couple of other fields namely Branch Name and Sub-Branch Name.

How do I ensure that for a Sub-Branch Name field there are no more than X number of contacts?

Depending on the Sub-Branch, I should be able to change the value of the "X" i.e. the number of contacts.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Hi team,

I see the VF pages mentioned below with no controllers,
FileNotFound
ForgotPasswordConfirm
IdeasHome
SiteLogin
SiteRegisterConfirm
SiteTemplate
StdExceptionTemplate
Unauthorized
UnderConstruction
AnswersHome
BandwidthExceeded
Communicationrefresh

I see a report showing these pages have been called in the salesforce org recently.
Where are these VF pages triggered from?

Hi Team,

I see the controller classes mentioned below in my salesforce org,
ChangePasswordController
SiteRegisterController
SiteLoginController
CommunitiesLandingController
CommunitiesLoginController
CommunitiesSelfRegConfirmController
CommunitiesSelfRegController
ForgotPasswordController
LightningLoginFormController
LightningSelfRegisterController
MyProfilePageController
LightningForgotPasswordController

Could you please,
1) Let me know how to find what created these controllers automatically? Where is that triggered from?
2) Provide functionality description for these controllers?
3) Let me know if its mandatory to use these controllers?
Hi Team,

I am designing a system in sfdc.com using contact, order, products and pricebook.

I will import products into sfdc.com using dataloader.

I want to use only "Standard Price Book" entry with price for all products being $0. Can this be done using automation?

Is it mandatory to use custom pricebook when using product table?

Also, in the same order, can I add a product twice with quantity as 1? If yes, Can this be done using automation?
Hi Team,

I have a requirement for contact object, for which I need to add the details from product object. There are 4 levels of product as shown below,

Batch Type --> Course type   --> Class Type     --> Class
A           -->  B            --> C              --> D
A           -->  B            --> C              --> E
A           -->  B            --> C              --> F
A           -->  B            --> C              --> G
A           -->  B            --> C              --> H
A           -->  B            --> C              --> I
A           -->  B            --> C              --> J
K           -->  L            --> M              --> N
K           -->  L            --> M              --> O
K           -->  L            --> M              --> P
K           -->  L            --> M              --> Q
K           -->  L            --> M              --> R
K           -->  L            --> M              --> S
K           -->  L            --> M              --> T

How can I ensure that the product detail fields Batch Type, Course type, Class Type and Class are shown as drop down in the contact object? Also is it possible to achieve the requirement using out of the box features?

Hi Team,

I am not able to access the custom setting and custom labels in the Lightning flow builder Spring 19'.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
can salesforce product table be used for storing master list of courses and order list to store the courses and subcourses  each contact has enrolled? Is this a good design?

Note: There would be a case created for each of the batch, course and the sub-course the the case has been assigned.
Hi Team,
I have the below picklist fields,
Batch Type
Course type (depends on Batch type picklist)
Class Type (depends on Course Type picklist)
Class (depends on Class Type picklist)

User-added image
What would be the best way to get the
Batch Type, Course type, and Class Type based on the class.
Should I create a custom object and populate the data for 4 picklists and other information?
or
Should I use the standard product object( and add these 4 fields)?
or
any other suggestion please?
Hi Team,

There is an email-to-case scenario where the case is created with Status of "New".
When the status is modified to In-progress there is an email communication sent through a workflow trigger.
Again when status is changed from In-progress to Escalated, another email is supposed to be sent through workflow trigger.

In dev 1 on changing the status from In-progress to Escalated, email is sent as expected, but in dev 2 on changing the status from In-progress to Escalated I am getting a pop-up box saying "You don't have permission to do this".
Strangely, even though I get the lack of permission popup, workflow gets triggered and email is sent successfully.

I am not sure what the issue is. Debug logs do not show any error information.

Any constructive suggestions much appreciated!
Hi Team,

Does record get saved/commit after each workflow execution on an object with multiple workflows?

Both the workflows have field updates, I know the designing may not be good but i am onboarded into a new project so this information would be useful!

Many Thanks in advance!
Hi,
what determines the lastmodified by alias and name for email to case as opposed to manual case creation?

I want to uniquely identify only cases that were created by email-to-case.
Hi,
I am currently using Flow Builder Spring 19'. I have a situation where I need to change the Record Type.
I DONT want to use APEX.
I am hardcoding the RecordTypeId = xxxxx to change the value of record type.
Will the RecordTypeId change between sandbox and prod, or its same, or i need to take some precaution while migrating changes to PROD, or any better suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi Team,

I am designing my system. The object 1(could be a standard or custom object, not decided yet) is as below,

Object 1

Field 1 --> Picklist
Field 2 --> Picklist
Field 3 --> Picklist
Status  --> Text ( Status is not important while determining count in Object 2)

Object 2
Field 1 --> Picklist
Field 2 --> Picklist
Field 3 --> Picklist
Max count--> Number
TotalCountFrom1--> ??

1) How do I determine the value for TotalCountFrom1 in Object2 from Object 1? Can it be done using out-of-box features of sfdc.com?

2) Whenever a record is added to Object 1 and it makes the TotalCountFrom1 > Max count in Object 2, the status of Object 1 should be set to 'Pending'. When the requestor send for approval process, if approved the Status should be 'Complete' and when rejected the status should be 'Rejected'.
I am planning to use Automation process available in salesforce(Flow Builder) to check Object 2 if TotalCountFrom1 > Max count.

Is the design idea sound? Since the entry in Object 1 is dependent on entry in Object 2 and from point 1 the entry in Object 2 is decided by entry in Object 1, would it lead to a deadlock situation?

Many Thanks in advance!

Hi Team,

I recently moved to a new project where I've been asked to analyze existing code. I see code similar to below,
public class Zinc_AccountDetail {
    @auraenabled public Id Id {get; set;}
    @auraenabled public String Organizationname{get; set;}

}

How to find which apex/visual force/aura component is using Zinc_AccountDetail ?

Hi Team,

I have a requirement for contact object, for which I need to add the details from product object. There are 4 levels of product as shown below,

Batch Type --> Course type   --> Class Type     --> Class
A           -->  B            --> C              --> D
A           -->  B            --> C              --> E
A           -->  B            --> C              --> F
A           -->  B            --> C              --> G
A           -->  B            --> C              --> H
A           -->  B            --> C              --> I
A           -->  B            --> C              --> J
K           -->  L            --> M              --> N
K           -->  L            --> M              --> O
K           -->  L            --> M              --> P
K           -->  L            --> M              --> Q
K           -->  L            --> M              --> R
K           -->  L            --> M              --> S
K           -->  L            --> M              --> T

How can I ensure that the product detail fields Batch Type, Course type, Class Type and Class are shown as drop down in the contact object? Also is it possible to achieve the requirement using out of the box features?

Hi Team,
I have the below picklist fields,
Batch Type
Course type (depends on Batch type picklist)
Class Type (depends on Course Type picklist)
Class (depends on Class Type picklist)

User-added image
What would be the best way to get the
Batch Type, Course type, and Class Type based on the class.
Should I create a custom object and populate the data for 4 picklists and other information?
or
Should I use the standard product object( and add these 4 fields)?
or
any other suggestion please?
Hi Team,

There is an email-to-case scenario where the case is created with Status of "New".
When the status is modified to In-progress there is an email communication sent through a workflow trigger.
Again when status is changed from In-progress to Escalated, another email is supposed to be sent through workflow trigger.

In dev 1 on changing the status from In-progress to Escalated, email is sent as expected, but in dev 2 on changing the status from In-progress to Escalated I am getting a pop-up box saying "You don't have permission to do this".
Strangely, even though I get the lack of permission popup, workflow gets triggered and email is sent successfully.

I am not sure what the issue is. Debug logs do not show any error information.

Any constructive suggestions much appreciated!
Hi Team,

How to uniquely identify if the case was CREATED using email-to-case?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have been onboarded to a team which is implemented on salesforce.com.

I have been asked to analyze the apex codes, triggers, and visual force code and determine which one's are being used and which one's are not?

Any suggestions?
Hi Team,
I want to check if a case is manually created, or email-to-case/web-to-case, or dataloader created.

I am plannning to use process builder and LastModifiedBy.Alias = 'autocase' for email-to-case and web-to-case. Will this work fine?

What should I use for data loader created cases?
Hi Team,

While calling lightning flow builder from process builder, what are the parameters and how should it be passed?

Hi Team,

I want to convert the existing workflow rules into a single lightning flow.

Is it possible to trigger a flow when a record is created?

Any suggestions much appreciated.