• Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
Does anyone have experience with setting up time limited discount? My company sells a subscription products and we need to be able to track in Salesforce how often the AEs are offering time limited discount, for how long period and what discount. 

How many fields do I need to create, and which ones?
I'm thinking:
- one field "# of months' or two fields 'Start Date' and 'End Date'
- one field for the discount

Any advice on this would be great, thanks!

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Salesforce, do any of you have experience with country/market specific fields and/or values? 

The company (Saas) I work for is growing fast and we are realizing we need to add more and more values to a few picklist fields to adapt to the different markets and we don't want to have a long list of picklist values.

I've done a bit of research on this and a possible solution would be to control picklist values based on the User Profile. That means we would need to create new user profiles. 

Is there anyone who can share the pros and cons of this? Is there smarter solution?

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Salesforce, do any of you have experience with country/market specific fields and/or values? 

The company (Saas) I work for is growing fast and we are realizing we need to add more and more values to a few picklist fields to adapt to the different markets and we don't want to have a long list of picklist values.

I've done a bit of research on this and a possible solution would be to control picklist values based on the User Profile. That means we would need to create new user profiles. 

Is there anyone who can share the pros and cons of this? Is there smarter solution?

We have the Salesforce to Slack integration set up using webhooks that was outlined in this post (https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2016/05/slack-salesforce-integration.html) and this post (http://coenraets.org/blog/2016/01/slack-salesforce-integration/#targetText=A%20Webhook%20is%20an%20endpoint,text%20and%20some%20other%20options.). This is working for opportunity related information, but I am now tasked with adding the products on the opportuntiy to the Slack post.

I am trying to figure out how to update the apex class with opportunity product information (product name and sales price). Not sure if this should be in the class itself or in the process builder.

Thank you for any assistance on this!
Hi Guys,

I get an error message when trying to solve Restrict Login Hours and IP Ranges Challenge from Protect Your Data in Salesforce badge:
"We couldn’t find the correct login hours. Review the login hours in the step."
I set the Login Hours as in challenge - Mo-Fr 8am - 6pm and Sa-Su 12am - 12 am. Time zone which is shown in Login Hours is GMT+2 (Berlin). I guess that this times should be in PDT (GMT -7). When I change Company Time Zone to PDT, in Login Hours it is still GMT+2. I read, that once it is set, it won't chang. That means, Considering GMT-7, login hours should be 11pm - 8am. But than I get an error that Start cannot by later then End. Any idea how to set this?

Thanks!