• John Shaul
  • 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

  • Chatter
  • 0
    Best Answers
  • 0
    Likes Received
  • 0
    Likes Given
  • 0
  • 4
I have run into a problem with component visibility using the toggle button feature in flow screen components.  When using the native Salesforce toggle button, I cannot set the visibility components based on the value of the toggle button.

I have established a toggle button titled togShowHide.  I have set a component visibility based on the following:

User-added imageThe problem is, the toggle does not do anything when activated or deactivated to change this component visability - and the visibility is always OFF.

When I reversed everything, making the toggle button active (true) by default, and setting components to display when the value was true, the components will display.  

What it looks like to me, is that the flow components will only allow you to filter the visibility by a variable or other resource that is TRUE.  It just doesn't work with a false value.  In fact, the component won't display at all.

HOWEVER, when I do the same actions using a checkbox, I can filter a flow screen component to display either on a TRUE value or a FALSE value.

Is this a bug, or normal behavior for the toggle component?
I am currently working on the Business Administration Superbadge in trailhead and am stuck on step #5. I cloned the Utility Opportunity Page record type to create the Residential Opportunity record type. After removing and adding the fields listed in the description, I continue to get an error that there are still unwanted fields on the page layout. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions? Thank!
I was having issues getting the "jQueryMobileResources"  Visual Force example code to work properly in the Using Static Resources module.

None of the images,CSS or JS files were being found in the .zip file.  In other words I was not getting the expected results as depicted in the trail head.  If you attempt to pull up the url/path directly in the browser I was getting HTTP 404 not found errors.

If none of the static images are being being found in the zip file, prefix the path with the root directory of the zip file.

For example:
<apex:image alt="eye" title="eye" url="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQueryMobile, 'images/icons-png/eye-black.png')}"/>

should be:

<apex:image alt="eye" title="eye" url="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQueryMobile, 'images/icons-png/eye-black.png')}"/>

The root directy for the downloaded jQuery Mobile 1.4.4 is "jquery"

So the actual code would be

<apex:image alt="eye" title="eye" url="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQueryMobile, 'jquery/images/icons-png/eye-black.png')}"/>

Hope this helps if someone else is not getting the Using Static Resource module example code working properly.


I have written the below classes as part of the trailhead challenge for Apex REST callouts.

The class -

public class AnimalLocator {
  public static String getAnimalNameById(Integer id) {
    Http http = new Http();
    HttpRequest request = new HttpRequest();
    HttpResponse response = http.send(request);
    List<Object> animals; 
    String returnValue; 
    // parse the JSON response
    if (response.getStatusCode() == 200) {
      Map<String, Object> result = (Map<String, Object>) JSON.deserializeUntyped(response.getBody());
      animals = (List<Object>) result.get('animals');
    if (animals.size() > 0 && animals != NULL && id < animals.size()) {
      returnValue = (String) animals.get(id);
    return returnValue;

Mock Response Class - 

global class AnimalLocatorMock implements HttpCalloutMock {
     // Implement this interface method
    global HTTPResponse respond(HTTPRequest request) {
        // Create a fake response
        HttpResponse response = new HttpResponse();
        response.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');
        response.setBody('{"animals": ["majestic badger", "fluffy bunny", "scary bear", "chicken", "mighty moose"]}');
        return response; 

Test Class - 

private class AnimalLocatorTest{
    @isTest static void AnimalLocatorMock1() {
        Test.setMock(HttpCalloutMock.class, new AnimalLocatorMock());
        string result = AnimalLocator.getAnimalNameById(3);
        String expectedResult = 'chicken';
        System.assertEquals(result,expectedResult );

I have got 100% code coverage for the main class. But when I check the challenge I get 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Please tell me if any changes to the code is required. It's really frustrating as I am stuck from past 3-4 days with this unit.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhiram Sheshadri