• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

I want to bring a dataset from Snowflake to Einstein.
I am admin in both systems.
Permissions seem valid on both ends, and the connection is successful.

However, when I try to bring tables from snowflake, I don't get the expected results.

Even more, I get different responses for trying to bring two different tables from the same db/schema in Snowflake.

I have two cases:

1. Case 1 -

I have a table in Snowflake with the following data types (number, varchar, timestamp).

When I want to create the dataset, the schema is visible, but only specific types of fields - Number(38,0) and timestamp_NTZ(9). Einstein doesn't pull the varchar type into the schema, even if I short it to 255 chars.

In this case, only a partial view of the table schema is visible. However, the data can be viewed in preview, and Einstein manages to pull the table (though partial).

2. Case 2

I try another table in the same schema and with identical permissions set.
I can see the entire Snowflake schema (including varchar) , but when I try to view the data in preview I get an error:

"
Application error

Can’t retrieve field values, but you can still edit the object settings.: Unable to get result data: Adapter read method has returned failure.The agent failed to read data from the source because of the following error: [SQL compilation error:

Object 'TEST__' does not exist or not authorized.]

Error in Job ID connector.4Vw_OF1WQqTP7ykCag6X_-:
"

The case 2 error suggests permission issues, but in case 1 I manage to pull the data without a permission error message.

I'm not even sure the two issues are connected.

Can someone help / Have ideas? 

Thanks