i)call
ii)webinar
iii)site visit
iv)send quote
New task-
i)v1
ii)v2
iii)v3
For log a call i have created a validation rule: (CASE( Subject , "call", 1, "webinar", 1,"site visit", 1, "send quote", 1,2) > 1)
The reason i have created validation rule.for log a call, sales person need to be select subjects from dropdown only. If they type anything in the subject and click save it will through error(Please select valid subject)

For new task i didnot created any validation rule. salesperson can enter text and they can select subject from dropdown list.

Now, i m facing issue after creating validation rule. eventhough subjects are different in new task, while i am entering some text in the subject field and saving. it is throwing error(please select valid subject). 

Please any suggestion how can we remove this error for creating new task

I have created different subjects for log a call & new task
Log a call - 
i)call
ii)webinar
iii)site visit
iv)send quote
New task-
i)v1
ii)v2
iii)v3
For log a call i have created a validation rule: (CASE( Subject , "call", 1, "webinar", 1,"site visit", 1, "send quote", 1,2) > 1)
The reason i have created validation rule.for log a call, sales person need to be select subjects from dropdown only. If they type anything in the subject and click save it will through error(Please select valid subject)

For new task i didnot created any validation rule. salesperson can enter text and they can select subject from dropdown list.

Now, i m facing issue after creating validation rule. eventhough subjects are different in new task, while i am entering some text in the subject field and saving. it is throwing error(please select valid subject). 

Please any suggestion how can we remove this error for creating new task

I had originally wanted to change the Subject Field in the Task window to a drop down menu with some specific items to select from.

Per SF support this is a hard coded field and cannot have the type changed.

Basically what I would like to do is have a validation rule in place that restricts what can be typed/entered into the task field…i.e. if they do not enter one of the items from the picklist the record cannot be saved.

The picklist items currently in place are:

Call

Drop In

Meeting

Email

Proposal Requested

Proposal Received.

Is this something anyone can help with?