• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there. I may need some developer help here.

I’m trying to create a roll up summary of a field on 1 object, that is created by a Formula, that looks up to another object, but the fields dont appear in the aggregate drop down, when I try to create it,

basic background is that I have 3 objects.

1. Advertising Goal. An advertising goal that we need to achieve,
  2. Ad spots. We may have to buy multiple ad spots to fulfill the goal
  3. Websites. Ad spots exist on other websites. We may have to buy 1 or more spots, on 1 or more of the websites.

Advertising goal and websites are both currently  master objects to the ad spot, since ad spots and their stats need to be rolled up to view at either level. ie how many spots have we bought on a website, how many spots are we using to support an advertising objective.

Ad spots also have an ‘ad type’ which is a picklist of 3 values. Button, banner or text link. Each website may charge differently  for each type of spot, and the record for what they charge is held in 3 fields on the website’s record, called button rate, banner rate and text link rate.

To set how much the spot is going to cost on the ad spot record, we have a ‘monthly rate’ field, where  we have developed a case function that references the ‘type’ picklist on the ad spot record, and depending on which value is specified, looks to the website record and returns the appropriate field value. Formula is below.

CASE( Placement_type__c ,"button",Partner_Website__r.button_Rate__c,"Banner", Partner_Website__r.Banner_rate__c,"Text link Ad" , Partner_Website__r.Text_Link_Ad_Rate__c, 0)

We’re happy with this at least and it seems to work.

However, now we need to know how much the advertising goal is going to cost from having secured all these ad spots, so we need to create a rollup summary field, that sums the monthly rate field, across all the associated placements.

When we try to create a roll up summary though, the Formula fields do not appear.

I'm hitting a wall with this as I'm not a programmer and just don't have the skills to work around, and SF support can’t help me either. They ahve suggested that you can't roll up formulas that involve other objects. So I would love to hear from anyone that can explain what is going on, and offer a solution.

Best 

Warren Cowan

e warren.cowan@greenlightsearch.com

i am trying to create an roll up summany field for one of the custom object. The summary should be summation of amounts in line item. But I am unable to see the field "amount" to choose from list of fields for roll up summary. When I check the field accessibility , it shows read only becaz it is a formula field. Please suggest how can I make this " amount" field accessible while creating roll up summary