• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,

I'd like to have a custom message button on my community home page that starts a message thread with a specific user. 
User-added image

So, if a community user clicks the button, the 'New Message' popup should open with the "To" field already filled in with the user I've specified. 

User-added image

I've tried editing the User ID option, but that changes who the message is sent from not who the message is sent to...

User-added image

Is there any way to achieve what I'm trying to do? Is there any way I could create a custom component that launches the standard 'New Message Popup' with the To address filled in?

Is there a standard way to do this that I'm missing? 

My interim is to just take them to the user detail page, where they then have to click the 'Message' button, but I'd like to reduce the clicks. 

Thanks!
Hi everyone,

I'd like to have a custom message button on my community home page that starts a message thread with a specific user. 
User-added image

So, if a community user clicks the button, the 'New Message' popup should open with the "To" field already filled in with the user I've specified. 

User-added image

I've tried editing the User ID option, but that changes who the message is sent from not who the message is sent to...

User-added image

Is there any way to achieve what I'm trying to do? Is there any way I could create a custom component that launches the standard 'New Message Popup' with the To address filled in?

Is there a standard way to do this that I'm missing? 

My interim is to just take them to the user detail page, where they then have to click the 'Message' button, but I'd like to reduce the clicks. 

Thanks!