• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 
I am trying to create formula to calculate task due date based on few scenerios:
Task due date if call 1 = TODAY, call 2 = TODAY + 24 hours, call 3= TODAY + 48 hours, and
1. if lead owner in EU --> work from Monday til Friday
2. if lead owner in Asia --> work form Tuesday til Saturday

So far I've been trying with this but cant seem to work (logic of weekday: 1-Sunday, 2-Monday, ... 7-Saturday)

IF ({!$Record.Country} = "Europe" || {!$Record.Country} = "UK" &&           {!$Record.Week_Day__c} = 1, TODAY() + 1,                   {!$Record.Week_Day__c}= 7, TODAY() +2), TODAY()

IF {!$Record.Country} = "Asia" && (IF ({!$Record.Week_Day__c} = 2, TODAY() + 1, {!$Record.Week_Day__c}=1, TODAY() +1), TODAY()

Please help :((
hello everyone, 
Is it possible to have lead status updated automatically depending on activity outcome? 
For example:
1. Lead status is "New" -> task "call n" created automatically
2. task outcome "no anwser" --> lead status update to "working", task "call n+1" created, so on & so forth...

Hello everyone, 
I am wondering if any best practices out there for lead scoring based on their geographical location other than creating custom formula field? 
Thanks so much in advance. 
We're using contracts for the first time in our Org, and trying to see whats best practices for data model contracts & opportunities, knowing that Salesforce provides with a standard lookup field on Opportunity that looks upto Contract object so we can link multiple opportunities to a contract and not the other way round. However as business needs, we also need to link multiple contracts to an opportunity, not sure whats the best practices here? As I'd imagine we'll need to create a junction object to link those 2 objects because of many-to-many relationship?
Also, any best practices to add custom fields, checkbox field for contract renewed, validation rules, etc... on Contract object?
Much appreciated any advice, recommendation!! TIA
Thinking about integrate Teams into our Org, and also considering some other options like Slack. From what I understand, with Teams we can view records while on Teams channels, meetings, etc but not sure if its possible the other way around as in if you access any records in salesforce, can you see Teams communications related to that record, history tracking, etc..?
 https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.teams_int_features.htm&type=5

And if anyone using Slack, do you think its better than Teams? any Slack powerful, wow features that Teams does not have when it comes to interact with salesforce? TIA
Hello everyone,
From what I understand, only way to create many-to-many between objects is creating junction object.
however I was looking at the schema builder and noticed that there's lookup from opportunities to contracts, and another lookup from contracts to opportunities, with that many-to-many also created between opportunities & contracts. 

Still trying to wrap my head around it, though I feel like I am missing something here, does that mean we can:
1. Create many to many without any junction object?
2. Lookup also can be used for many-to-many? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 
Hi everyone,

Been searching on what would be the best solution to track competitors, and few on my list are: 
1. Create new record type on account 
2. Create custom object 
3. Install app from AppExchange
Much appreciated any recommendations/advice on what would be the best option! thanks so much in advance. 
Hey guys, 
Knowing its salesforce limits that Long text field is not available for inline editing, any workaround so far though?
TIA

Hello guys, 
Ive created custom object and would like to add a field with same behavior as "Related To" (WhatId) with dropdown list with objects so that users can choose from (same as in Events / Tasks). 
Not sure if its possible please? or is it available for Activities only?

Thanks
User-added image
hello everyone,

I've created button on opportunity page & I want to report on whether that button has been clicked and at what time.
However when I was trying to create a report & adding the formula field to check as below: IF( Opportunity_Assessment_Review__c = True,TODAY(), NULL)
meaning when user clicks that button = True, but problem is that button is defaulted to always "True" in the report?
please can someone help? TIA

Hello everyone,
Trying to wrap my head around why skills backlog not showing any awaiting leads, (while total should be 5 leads are waiting) ... any help please? (Ive tried to change lead queue, source, all fields possible that have been mapped for that skills based routing, but so far the whole omni channel still not working properly...) 
(I am using omni in sales cloud) 
Please help!!! 
User-added image
Hello everyone,

There's standard field on Event "WhatId", data type is Lookup (Contract,Account,Opportunity,Lead,Contact,....) 
Is there anyway to change data type to Lookup only to those objects (Account,Opportunity,Lead,Contact) & remove the rest please?

Thank you so much!

Hello everyone, 
Following some doc to create the formula for push counter to calculate how many times a sales rep changes the Closed date on an opportunity to a date farther out, formula as below: 
IF( CloseDate > PRIORVALUE( CloseDate ), IF (MONTH(CloseDate) <> MONTH(PRIORVALUE( CloseDate )) , TRUE, FALSE), FALSE)
Does anyone know if any formula to count the push when opportunity is on "Negotiation" stage for example please? (as I do not want to track close date changes when opportunity is on early stages). TIA
Hello everyone, 
I've managed to enable the pipeline inspection, some questions I have as follow:
1. With Pipeline inspection, you can mark important opportunities, do you know if its possible to make those visible on the opportunity itself please? (or is it only visible in Pipeline inspection metrics?)
if so, can we make "important opportunities" reportable please?
User-added image2. In pipeline inspection, is it possible to "Show opportunities closing this month" for other Groups or other Users please? is it also possible to filter the list view with any specific criteria as well please? (screenshot below)
User-added image

Thank you so much in advance!! 
Hello Everyone,
Is it possible to enable inline editing for activity please? if so, is it possible to have an App for "Events" along with list views which users can update in-line please? TIA
hello everyone, 
Is it possible to have lead status updated automatically depending on activity outcome? 
For example:
1. Lead status is "New" -> task "call n" created automatically
2. task outcome "no anwser" --> lead status update to "working", task "call n+1" created, so on & so forth...

Hello everyone, 
I am wondering if any best practices out there for lead scoring based on their geographical location other than creating custom formula field? 
Thanks so much in advance. 
Hello everyone,
From what I understand, only way to create many-to-many between objects is creating junction object.
however I was looking at the schema builder and noticed that there's lookup from opportunities to contracts, and another lookup from contracts to opportunities, with that many-to-many also created between opportunities & contracts. 

Still trying to wrap my head around it, though I feel like I am missing something here, does that mean we can:
1. Create many to many without any junction object?
2. Lookup also can be used for many-to-many? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 
Hello guys, 
Ive created custom object and would like to add a field with same behavior as "Related To" (WhatId) with dropdown list with objects so that users can choose from (same as in Events / Tasks). 
Not sure if its possible please? or is it available for Activities only?

Thanks
User-added image
hello everyone,

I've created button on opportunity page & I want to report on whether that button has been clicked and at what time.
However when I was trying to create a report & adding the formula field to check as below: IF( Opportunity_Assessment_Review__c = True,TODAY(), NULL)
meaning when user clicks that button = True, but problem is that button is defaulted to always "True" in the report?
please can someone help? TIA

Hello everyone,
Trying to wrap my head around why skills backlog not showing any awaiting leads, (while total should be 5 leads are waiting) ... any help please? (Ive tried to change lead queue, source, all fields possible that have been mapped for that skills based routing, but so far the whole omni channel still not working properly...) 
(I am using omni in sales cloud) 
Please help!!! 
User-added image
Hello everyone,

There's standard field on Event "WhatId", data type is Lookup (Contract,Account,Opportunity,Lead,Contact,....) 
Is there anyway to change data type to Lookup only to those objects (Account,Opportunity,Lead,Contact) & remove the rest please?

Thank you so much!

Hello everyone, 
Following some doc to create the formula for push counter to calculate how many times a sales rep changes the Closed date on an opportunity to a date farther out, formula as below: 
IF( CloseDate > PRIORVALUE( CloseDate ), IF (MONTH(CloseDate) <> MONTH(PRIORVALUE( CloseDate )) , TRUE, FALSE), FALSE)
Does anyone know if any formula to count the push when opportunity is on "Negotiation" stage for example please? (as I do not want to track close date changes when opportunity is on early stages). TIA
Hello everyone, 
I've managed to enable the pipeline inspection, some questions I have as follow:
1. With Pipeline inspection, you can mark important opportunities, do you know if its possible to make those visible on the opportunity itself please? (or is it only visible in Pipeline inspection metrics?)
if so, can we make "important opportunities" reportable please?
User-added image2. In pipeline inspection, is it possible to "Show opportunities closing this month" for other Groups or other Users please? is it also possible to filter the list view with any specific criteria as well please? (screenshot below)
User-added image

Thank you so much in advance!! 
Hello Everyone,
Is it possible to enable inline editing for activity please? if so, is it possible to have an App for "Events" along with list views which users can update in-line please? TIA
We created a custom field on both the Opportunity and Activities called "Next Step" <-- Long Text

I'd like to update the NEXT STEP on the OPPORTUNITY anytime an activity (Event or Task) contains a next step (or is subequently updated).

I have a custom button added to case detail layout. i have also created Last_RequestUpdate__c(is a date/time field)  on case object.

My question: when the user clicks on the custom button, date/time field should capture the last time the Custom button was clicked.

My try: i have a javascript writtin on custom button/link .

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/24.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/22.0/apex.js")}

var caseId = '{!Case.Id}';
var resultSet = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Last_RequestUpdate__c FROM Case WHERE Id = '" + caseId + "'");
var caseObj = resultSet.records;
caseObj.Last_RequestUpdate__c = "{!NOW()}";

alert(caseObj.Last_Update_Requested__c);
var result = sforce.connection.update([caseObj]);

My Problem is: alert(caseObj.Last_Update_Requested__c); shows me datetime "10/18/2013 4:09 AM"

then i am getting this error: {faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:''10/18/2013 4:09 AM' is not a valid value for the type xsd:dateTime', }

Could you please help me how to store the value in  Last_RequestUpdate__c field?

• October 18, 2013

I am following an Account and want to be notified whenever a new Opportunity is created for that account.  Is that available out of the box with Chatter?  It seems somewhat obvious but I can't find an FAQ or discussion board entry on it.

If this is not available today, would an apex Trigger be the way to create such functionality?