• Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I previously created this VR and it was working fine until (at a later date) a 5th value was added to the picklist at which time I adjusted the numbers and values in the VR, but only the first picklist value was firing. 

AND( 
CASE( PICKLIST_FIELD__ c, 
"Value 1",1, 
"Value 2",2, 
"Value 3",3, 
"Value 4",4, 
"Value 5",5, 
0 ) = 1, 
ISBLANK( TEXT_FIELD__c )  
)

As a quick workaround I created five VRs, but would like to fix the above VR and remove the five VRs. Here's one of five VRs that's working:

AND( 
ISPICKVAL( PICKLIST_FIELD__ c , "Value 1") , 
ISBLANK( TEXT_FIELD__c ) 
)

I'd appreciate any guidance! Thank you in advance! :)
Hello!

Would you please help with a validation rule I am trying to create to enforce users to select any picklist value in field #2 if a specific value (Roadmap) is selected in the multi-select picklist field #1.

Field #1 (multi-select picklist) : Task_Type__c
Field #2 (picklist) : Enhancement_Impact__c

The VR won't snag when I select "Roadmap" and leave "Enhancement Impact" blank (as it should), but it snags when I try to change Roadmap back to blank. I tried modifying the "NOT" part w/o success.

AND( 
INCLUDES( Task_Type__c , "Roadmap" ), 
NOT(ISBLANK( TEXT( Enhancement_Impact__c )) 
))

Thank you in advance! :)
Hi! It took me hours to figure this out - I'm hoping this will help someone here that needs a formula to calculate the number of hours from creation time:

(NOW() - CreatedDate))*24

Created a formula field in TaskRay Task and plugged it into a flow so we can be alerted when a task is older than 25 hours old.

Since our business is international the following formula did not work for us but maybe it will work for you - it produces "days" - it was pulling tasks that were only a few hours old: 

TODAY() - DATEVALUE( CreatedDate )
Hello,

TaskRay Task Time Field "Hour" (Number field) cannot be changed if the TaskRay Task Project Name (Lookup field) is equal to "New Request" - essentially requiring the user to change the name of the project before they can add time to their task.

I've tried this and it works for preventing users from adding time, but it is also preventing users from adding time when the project name is changed out of "New Request"

AND(
TASKRAY__Hours__c <> 0,
TASKRAY__Project__c <> "New Request"
)

Thank you in advance for your time! :)
User can only move forward and one stage at a time, but be able to skip to "Closed-Lost" from any stage. Another VR dictates that user can only move to "Dead" if prior stage is "IO Signed"

AND(
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator",
ISCHANGED(StageName) && (
CASE( StageName ,
"Stage 1 - Identified", 1,
"Stage 2 - Discovery", 2,
"Stage 3 - Proposal", 3,
"Stage 4 - Negotiation", 4,
"Stage 5 - Signature", 5,
"IO Signed", 6,
"Closed - Lost", 7,
"Dead", 7,
0)
-
CASE(PRIORVALUE(StageName),
"Stage 3 - Proposal", 3,
"IO Signed", 6,
"Closed - Lost", 7,
"Dead", 7,0
)*
/*Stages 'Closed - Lost' can be set from any */
CASE( StageName , "Closed - Lost", 7,
0)
<> 1
))
Hello,

I previously created this VR and it was working fine until (at a later date) a 5th value was added to the picklist at which time I adjusted the numbers and values in the VR, but only the first picklist value was firing. 

AND( 
CASE( PICKLIST_FIELD__ c, 
"Value 1",1, 
"Value 2",2, 
"Value 3",3, 
"Value 4",4, 
"Value 5",5, 
0 ) = 1, 
ISBLANK( TEXT_FIELD__c )  
)

As a quick workaround I created five VRs, but would like to fix the above VR and remove the five VRs. Here's one of five VRs that's working:

AND( 
ISPICKVAL( PICKLIST_FIELD__ c , "Value 1") , 
ISBLANK( TEXT_FIELD__c ) 
)

I'd appreciate any guidance! Thank you in advance! :)
Hello!

Would you please help with a validation rule I am trying to create to enforce users to select any picklist value in field #2 if a specific value (Roadmap) is selected in the multi-select picklist field #1.

Field #1 (multi-select picklist) : Task_Type__c
Field #2 (picklist) : Enhancement_Impact__c

The VR won't snag when I select "Roadmap" and leave "Enhancement Impact" blank (as it should), but it snags when I try to change Roadmap back to blank. I tried modifying the "NOT" part w/o success.

AND( 
INCLUDES( Task_Type__c , "Roadmap" ), 
NOT(ISBLANK( TEXT( Enhancement_Impact__c )) 
))

Thank you in advance! :)
Hi! It took me hours to figure this out - I'm hoping this will help someone here that needs a formula to calculate the number of hours from creation time:

(NOW() - CreatedDate))*24

Created a formula field in TaskRay Task and plugged it into a flow so we can be alerted when a task is older than 25 hours old.

Since our business is international the following formula did not work for us but maybe it will work for you - it produces "days" - it was pulling tasks that were only a few hours old: 

TODAY() - DATEVALUE( CreatedDate )
Hello,

TaskRay Task Time Field "Hour" (Number field) cannot be changed if the TaskRay Task Project Name (Lookup field) is equal to "New Request" - essentially requiring the user to change the name of the project before they can add time to their task.

I've tried this and it works for preventing users from adding time, but it is also preventing users from adding time when the project name is changed out of "New Request"

AND(
TASKRAY__Hours__c <> 0,
TASKRAY__Project__c <> "New Request"
)

Thank you in advance for your time! :)
User can only move forward and one stage at a time, but be able to skip to "Closed-Lost" from any stage. Another VR dictates that user can only move to "Dead" if prior stage is "IO Signed"

AND(
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator",
ISCHANGED(StageName) && (
CASE( StageName ,
"Stage 3 - Proposal", 3,
"IO Signed", 6,
"Closed - Lost", 7,
"Dead", 7,