• 0 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How does everyone feel about being a developer in the Salesforce stack? I am about to graduate from University and head to a company where my team will be working exclusively with Salesforce and I am not sure exactly what to make of that fact.
Hi!

I'm currently trying to work my way through the Trailhead "Get Started with Hybrid Development", but am having problems when I attempt to "forcedroid create".

When it gets to "Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for android" it fails with:

Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-whitelist':TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined
at assertPath (path.js:7:11)
at Object.join (path.js:466:7)
at D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\lib\check_reqs.js:177:42
at _fulfilled (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:834:54)
at self.promiseDispatch.done (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:863:30)
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:796:13)
at D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:857:14
at runSingle (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
at flush (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:67:7)
Failed to restore plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist" from config.xml. You might need to try adding it again. Error: TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined

This error is not imediately fatal, but after a time I see:

Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for android
Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-whitelist':TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined
at D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\lib\check_reqs.js:177:42
at _fulfilled (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:834:54)
at self.promiseDispatch.done (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:863:30)
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:796:13)
at D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:857:14
at runSingle (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
at flush (D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects\THA\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
Failed to install 'com.salesforce':TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined
D:\tutorials\AndroidStudioProjects
forcedroid create failed

Command failed: cordova plugin add https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-CordovaPlugin#v5.0.0 --force
Error: Path must be a string. Received undefined

Whereas, this last bit is fatal.

FWIW,
Java: 1.8.0_121
Node: 5.12.0
Npm: 4.2.0
Cordovoa: 6.5.0

ANDROID_HOME: C:\devtools\Android\sdk
ANDROID_SDK_HOME: C:\devtools\Android\sdk
JAVA_HOME: C:\devtools\Java\jdk1.8.0_121
JDK_HOME: %JAVA_HOME%
JRE_HOME: %JAVA_HOME%\jre
CLASSPATH: .;%JAVA_HOME%\lib;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib
User PATH: %JAVA_HOME%\bin;C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Kessler\Application Data\npm
System PATH: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\InstantCDDVD\;C:\WINXPSP3\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files\Kensington\TrackballWorks;C:\devtools\Git\cmd;C:\devtools\Git\GitExtensions\;C:\devtools\nodejs\;%ANDROID_HOME%\platform-tools;%ANDROID_HOME%\tools

Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix this?
I get the following error in the Data Loader cmd when trying to Upsert some custom object records;
"field name provided, does not match an external ID"

My GCD_ID__c field is categorised as an External ID and the same sdl file works perfectly when i use the Apex Data Loader tool rather than the cmd. So the mappings are definitely correct.

Maybe i am missing something in my xml file?

Hello,

On Contacts I have a option to send bulk emails (Mass Email Contacts), I want to have same to send SMS's.

When I select the "wizard" from Mass Email Contacts, have "Step 1 to 4", basicaly I need "Step 1" (Specify the recipients to include) and "Step 2" (Select an email template).

Salesforce have some component that allows perform these steps without having to develop by me?

Best Regards,

LB

• October 21, 2010