• 15 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Create a Visualforce page without the standard Salesforce header and display an image using the Visualforce image component.
The page must be named 'DisplayImage'.
It must NOT display the standard Salesforce header.
It must use a Visualforce apex:image component to display this image - https://developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png

<apex:page showHeader="false" title='DisplayImage'> 
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:image url="https://developer.salesforce.com/files/salesforce-developer-network-logo.png"/>
    </apex:pageBlock> 
</apex:page>

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'DisplayImage' page was not found.
Create an Apex class that returns a list of contacts based on two incoming parameters: one for the number of contacts to generate, and the other for the last name. The list should NOT be inserted into the system, only returned. The first name should be dynamically generated and should be unique for each contact record in the list.The Apex class must be called 'RandomContactFactory' and be in the public scope.
The Apex class should NOT use the @isTest annotation.
The Apex class must have a public static method called 'generateRandomContacts' (without the @testMethod annotation).
The 'generateRandomContacts' method must accept an integer as the first parameter, and a string as the second. The first parameter controls the number of contacts being generated, the second is the last name of the contacts generated.
The 'generateRandomContacts' method should have a return type of List<Contact>.
The 'generateRandomContacts' method must be capable of consistently generating contacts with unique first names.
For example, the 'generateRandomContacts' might return first names based on iterated number (i.e. 'Test 1','Test 2').
The 'generateRandomContacts' method should not insert the contact records into the database.

I create a class as bellow

public class RandomContactFactory{
   public static List<Contact> generateRandomContacts(integer n,string lastnames){

list<contact> c= [select  FirstName from contact where LastName =: lastnames limit : n ];

return c;
   }

}

but i'm getting error as below

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Executing the 'generateRandomContacts' method failed. Either the method does not exist, is not static, or did not return the correct set of Contact records.

Please let me know where the issue?
Hello Community, 

Need some assistance with and error on a VisualSource Page Trailhead Challenge

Here is the Criteria:
Create a page which displays a subset of Opportunity fields using apex:outputField components. Bind the Name, Amount, Close Date and Account Name fields to the apex:outputField components.The page must be named 'OppView'.
It must reference the Opportunity standard controller.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Name.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Amount.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Opportunity Close Date.
It must have an apex:outputField component bound to the Account Name of the Opportunity.

Here is the error I'm receiving
The page does not include a apex:outputField component bound to the opportunity name

Here is my code for the page:
<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" >

<apex:pageBlock title="Opportunities">
        <apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Opportunity.Account.Name}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Opportunity.Amount }"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Opportunity.CloseDate }"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{! Opportunity.Accountid }"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>

Please Advise Community!!
Challenge Description:
  • Upload a specified zip file as a static resource. The zip will have directories with images and you have to display a specific image on a Visualforce page.The page must be named 'ShowImage'.
  • This file must be uploaded as a Static Resource named 'vfimagetest'.
  • The page must have a Visualforce apex:image tag that displays the 'kitten1.jpg' image from the 'cats' directory of the static resource.

Screenshot of Visualforce Page:
User-added image
Screenshot of Resource Page:
User-added image

Screenshot of page preview:
User-added image

Exact text of error:
The page does not include a reference to the specified image

Can't figure out whats wrong, everything looks like its working perfectly and I used the examples in the module as a base for the code.

Hello All,
I am stuck in below trailhead chanllange
Create a Visualforce page that displays the first name of the logged-in user.
  • The page must be named 'DisplayUserInfo'.
  • The displayed user information must be generated dynamically from the logged-in user.
Here below is my code. Please help me to find the solution.
<apex:page>
{!$User.FirstName } {!$User.LastName } ({!$User.Username })
I have this very simple class..  
trigger RestrictContactByName on Contact (before insert, before update) {
    //check contacts prior to insert or update for invalid data
    For (Contact c : Trigger.New) {
        if(c.LastName == 'INVALIDNAME') {   //invalidname is invalid
            c.AddError('The Last Name "'+c.LastName+'" is not allowed for DML');
        }
    }
}
.. and the corresponding Test Class:  
@isTest
private class TestRestrictContactByName {

@isTest static void metodoTest() {

List listaContatti = new List();
		Contact c1 = new Contact(FirstName='Francesco', LastName='Riggio');
		Contact c2 = new Contact(LastName = 'INVALIDNAME');
		listaContatti.add(c1);
		listaContatti.add(c2);

//insert listaContatti;

// Perform test
        Test.startTest();
        Database.SaveResult [] result = Database.insert(listaContatti, false);
        Test.stopTest(); 

c1.LastName = 'INVALIDNAME';
		update c1;

}

}

When I run the Test class from the Developer Console I get 100% of coverage on the RestrictContactByName class but, when I check the challenge on the trailhead it returns the error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'RestrictContactByName' class did not achieve 100% code coverage via your test methods

Has someone had my same issue?
Create a Visualforce page that uses a custom controller to display a list of cases with the status of 'New'.The page must be named 'NewCaseList'.
The custom controller Apex class must be named 'NewCaseListController'.
The 'NewCaseListController' Apex class must have a publically scoped method named 'getNewCases'.
The 'getNewCases' Apex method should have the return type of 'List' and return a list of case records with the ID and CaseNumber fields and filtered to only have a status of 'New'.
The 'NewCaseList' Visualforce page must use an apex:repeat component which is bound to 'newCases'.
The apex:repeat component must refer to the var attribute as 'case'.
Within the apex:repeat component, bind a apex:outputLink component to the ID of the case so that the page directs the user to the detail page of the respective case record
Hi, 

I have a code written in Visualforce - developer console page, but it's not displaying any preview nor allowing me to pass the challenge -  I assume that I've made some error on this..

The task given for this challenge as follows:

Create a Visualforce form which inserts a basic Contact record

Using the Visualforce apex:form component, create a page which will insert a Contact record based on First Name, Last Name and Email. After submitting the form, the user should be redirected to detail page of the new Contact record.The page must be named 'CreateContact'.
  • It must reference the Contact standard controller.
  • It must use a Visualforce apex:form component.
  • It must have an apex:inputField component bound to the Contact First Name.
  • It must have an apex:inputField component bound to the Contact Last Name.
  • It must have an apex:inputField component bound to the Contact Email.
  • It must have an apex:commandButton component that uses the 'save' method from the standard controller.
Please help me to resolve this problem.. Thanks in advance

User-added image

Hi , iam new to SFDC and came to know u gus here help a lot. i have been facing this problem since three days.

Iam here trying to update Map value

Map<Id,Object> objMap=new Map<Id,Object>([select id,A,B from Object]);

for(Id tkId: taskIds)

{

objMap.get(Trigger.newMap.get(tkId).whatId).A='Hi'  ;

}

update objMap; 

this is giving me the error. same kind of thing working for lists. but not for maps.

can u help me out here by looping thru the map and update one of the obejct values.

Note:   Trigger.newMap.get(tkId).whatId  gives me the Id in Map 

thanku.... rock with force........