• 0 Points
  • Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Didn't have much luck in searching for this, so I figured I'd ask.

I have a spreadsheet I need to integrate to Salesforce for a client which is doing some propriatary calculations to output some leasing values for an opportunity. My initial plan was to simply recreate this logic in Salesforce and have the system auto calculate it and output it to a field on an opportunity, but the leasing company won't unlock the spreadsheet or allow anyone access to their calculations.

Is there any other way to pass values to and from a Spreadsheet? I wasn't finding any obvious answers or apps, which I think is usually because Salesforce aims to replace the spreadsheets. The client and I really want to get rid of the spreadsheet, but since we can't attain these propriatary calculations we're stuck with it for the time being and are trying to find a solution other than all the copy/pasting that otherwise needs to happen between Salesforce and Excel.

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble determining if something is possible/the best way to go about implementing this.  Our company uses an ROI tool that is housed in Excel to calculate costs and return Margin and Total Opp Amount.  We are redesinging Opps so that a user will first create the Opp and then select all of the products to be sold on the Opportunity, which will be created as a custom "Opp Product" record.  I think I have a handle on an easy way to get the list of Products selected into the ROI, but we want the pricing information that is entered into the ROI spreadsheet to be what updates the pricing/amount/margin listed on the Opp and it's related Opp Product records.

My question is if it is possible to get SF to parse an attached spreadsheet to receive this data.  Each product will have pricing fields in the ROI and what will need to happen is as the spreadsheet is attached to the Opp, it will look at the list of Opp products and for each (using a custom setting for mapping) look at specific fields in the spreadsheet to update fields on the Opp Product records.  For example:

Product A and Product B are related to the Opp.  On attachment, Field X and Field Y on Product A should be populated with Cells A1 and A3 and Field X and Field Y on Product B should be populated with Cells B1 and B3.

Again, the mapping of these would be controlled in a custom setting for each product, but my question is how do I go about parsing the attached spreadsheet.

Or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,
Jeremy Stender

Is there a way to customize an Excel spreadsheet to automatically sum data once a report is imported via the MS Office plug-in?  I can do this after the data is imported like I would with any other spreadsheet but is there a way to do this systematically with the import?  This would save some time because I wouldn't have to go into the spreadsheet and add rows and formulas for each of my reports.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.