• Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have a formula working to restrict 2 picklist options (Feature , Enhancement) to most users but does allow them to select a Third option (Fix) when creating a NEW record. Can I add something to the same VR to then prevent the users from editing the record and selcting either 'Feature' or Enhancement'? Below is the piece of the VR that would prevent Dale Doback from selecting 'Feature' or 'Enhancement' when creating the record but Dale CAN save the new record with 'Fix' selected. But Dale is then able to edit the PL on the NEW record he created and change 'Fix' to either 'Feature' or 'Enhancement'.(but should not be able to do that) what can I add to the VR to prevent him from doing that edit and selecting either of those 2 PL options ? (In other words Dale is only ever able to set 'FIX' in the configuration request type...he should never be able to select 'Feature' or 'enhancement')

AND(
ISNEW(),
OR(ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Feature'), ISPICKVAL(Configuration_Request_Type__c,'Enhancement')),
OR($User.Id !="005d000000xxxxxx", /*John Doe*/

Thanks.