• 0 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have been using Talend for about two years to load data into Salesforce from files and have not had an issue. All of a sudden, over the weekend it has stopped working with about 20 of my standard loads (to different orgs).

Initially I got this error

"Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_1_tSalesforceBulkExec (CustomerLoadSourcesNoEmail) org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION"

I tried to just re-connect with a basic connection element and got this

"IOException: com.sforce.sw.ConnectionException: Failed to get next element"
I have been using Talend for about two years to load data into Salesforce from files and have not had an issue. All of a sudden, over the weekend it has stopped working with about 20 of my standard loads (to different orgs).

Initially I got this error

"Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_1_tSalesforceBulkExec (CustomerLoadSourcesNoEmail) org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION"

I tried to just re-connect with a basic connection element and got this

"IOException: com.sforce.sw.ConnectionException: Failed to get next element"

I assumed the issue was Talend or Java update so I have tried everything from rolling back java, reinstalling from scratch to installing on another fresh computer.

Current setup is:

Windows 10
Talend 7.01.20180411_1414
jdk1.8.0_171
So I am starting to get the feeling it might actually to do with a Salesforce release and not Talend or Java problem.

I noticed this old article with the same error https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008yx5IAA

Anyone seeing anything like this recently?
I'm working on the Challenge for Writing SOQL Queries.
I'm working on I'm very confused about field names in objects such Contact.  I typed the LastName and MailingPostalCode field names in like a monkey, then thought... wait...

When I look at Contacts, I don't see those field names.  When I opened up Customize/Contacts/Fields, I don't see them.  I did a google search for "salesforce MailingPostalCode" and found a document that mentions "Last Name" and "Mailing Zip/Postal Code", but nothing like MailingPostalCode.

Where did I miss this?

Thanks,  Bob
I have performance edition and I have created a custom profile. Now I wish to assign this custom profile to an existing user. When I edit a user, I am not able to change the profile for that user. When I go to the newly created profile, I can create new users on it, but not select existing users.

Also, is it possible for a user to be assigned multiple profiles in salesforce?