• 30 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to use the Type Name/Type Value fields on the vlocity State Model record to control which records the model is to be applied to (they are contract records, in this case) Properly configured, the state model manifests on the page as a path. (see help document for a description of type and its use in state models). I have tried the following:
using a picklist field called Type__c
using a picklist field called Unique_Type_Picklist__c
using a text field called Unique_Type_Text__c
entering the field label as the value of Type Name
entering the field API name as the value of Type Name
regardless of the approach taken, the affect of populating the Type fields (Name, Value) on the state model record is to suppress the path component of the related page (in this case Contract). (Not the desired outcome)
the path component promptly reappears if I clear the type fields.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
I am working through an encryption trailhead module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/spe_admins/spe_admins_set_up?trailmix_creator_id=strailhead&trailmix_slug=architect-sharing-and-visibility) and trying to enable shield encryption in a recently provisioned sandbox.   I gave myself the "Customize Application" and "Manage Encryption Keys" permissions as instructed.   (I am running as a sys admin).   When I got to Setup....Platform Encryption.....Key Management, I see only the following:

Before you can encrypt data, an authorized administrator with the "Manage Encryption Keys" permission must generate a tenant secret.

How do I do that?

thanks in advance,

Dan Lambeth
@testSetup
    static void setup() {
        List<Account> accounts; 

// get some account Ids -- we will just create a couple of dummies

System.debug ('AccountProcessorTest.setup() entered');
        try {
             accounts.add (new Account (name = 'who cares'));
             accounts.add (new Account (name = 'who cares 2'));
             insert accounts;
             System.debug (accounts.size() + ' accounts created');
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
           System.debug('The following exception of type ' + e.getTypeName() + ' has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
        }

The method consistently fails at the first accounts.add() call.  

09:37:52:002 USER_DEBUG [19]|DEBUG|The following exception of type System.NullPointerException has occurred: Attempt to de-reference a null object

There are no validation rules on account.   I can create this account via the UI supplying nothing but the name.

thanks in advance
@testSetup
    static void setup() {
        List<Account> accounts; 

// get some account Ids -- we will just create a couple of dummies

System.debug ('AccountProcessorTest.setup() entered');
        try {
             accounts.add (new Account (name = 'who cares'));
             accounts.add (new Account (name = 'who cares 2'));
             insert accounts;
             System.debug (accounts.size() + ' accounts created');
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
           System.debug('The following exception of type ' + e.getTypeName() + ' has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
        }

The method consistently fails at the first accounts.add() call.  

09:37:52:002 USER_DEBUG [19]|DEBUG|The following exception of type System.NullPointerException has occurred: Attempt to de-reference a null object

There are no validation rules on account.   I can create this account via the UI supplying nothing but the name.

thanks in advance