• 25 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
we want the ability to send a quote to a lead in salesforce, only if the lead agrees to the quote/proposal and  willing to pay  then we would like to convert the lead to account and opportunity. 
Since Quotes are only available on opportunties, Sales reps are converting the leads into Accounts/contact and opportunity and if they dont make a purchase the deal is lost. that is leading to unnecessary records in salesforce , leading to duplicate records.
Any help is appreciated!
How to include Current Year in the email templates in salesforce? I just want the Year not the date/time.
 Should I create a create formula field on the object and and then use that field in the merge fields?
What is the formula to show current year? 
For example: my template says thank you for applying for the [year] 2022. 

Any help is appreciated!

I have a picklist field called "Lead Source" and one of the picklist values is "others-specify". I want to create a dependent field for this particular value, Should I create New field on the Lead called "Lead Source Other" to expose this field ? what is the process to create dependent fields based on picklist values in Salesforce?  I understand this can be achieved with code but wanted to know if it can be done without the code. Need ideas. Please help! 
#Picklist Fields #Picklist Values #Dependent Picklist Relationships  #Sales Cloud #Salesforce #Trailhead Support #Salesforce Admin #AwesomeAdmins
Hello, we want to have 2 lightning paths, representing 2 different picklists, on the same record type, on the same lightning page. We also want the button at the end of the path, so would need to use the "Lighting:path" component (and not the "Lighting:picklist" component, which seems does not have the button.) Is this possible to do? 

In the report builder I have a chart based on report data, and I'm trying to filter out all the results where a certain picklist value is not defined (null).

So in the Report filters I added the condition if Picklist_Value__c does not equal "" .  This had the desired effect in the report's chart as all non-defined picklist values were filtered out. 

However, when I go to the Dashboard, import the report (refreshing just to be sure) the data appears with the null values unfiltered.  I don't understand why it would not be the same as the diagram in the report, but maybe it has to do with the fact that there is a hyphen.  I.e. it says that hyphen (-) has 21 results, valueA 13, valueB 6 etc... so it is not passing the filter.

Obviously I can't filter with a hyphen because it isn't a valid picklist value.  How do I prevent null results from appearing in my Dashboard?