• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The below batch class will be processing a little over 2.5 million records. The START method will be sending in the whole 2.5 million records to the execute method and the execute method does the processing on each of the 2.5 million records inside a for loop. 
Also the for loop has a SOQL inside which I believe cannot be avoided to get the right numbers. 
Is this the right way of doing this or are there any other better ways. Please help!

Also when the running the below batch class I get the First Error: Too many query rows error.

global class MDUSquadRawDataBatchTest implements Database.Batchable<sObject>, Database.Stateful {  
    List<Address_Master__c> addressList = new List<Address_Master__c>();
    Set<String> addresses = new Set<String>();

// Start Method
    global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC) {
        return Database.getQueryLocator('SELECT Street_Address__c,City_Name__c FROM MDU_Squad_Raw_Data__c');
    }   

// Execute method
    global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<MDU_Squad_Raw_Data__c> rawData) {        
        for(MDU_Squad_Raw_Data__c mduRawData: rawData) {
            List<MDU_Squad_Raw_Data__c> addressData = [SELECT Street_Address__c,City_Name__c,Province_Code__c,Postal_Code__c,Internet_Service__c,Video_Service__c,Phone_Service__c FROM MDU_Squad_Raw_Data__c WHERE Street_Address__c=:mduRawData.Street_Address__c AND City_Name__c=:mduRawData.City_Name__c];
            String fullAddress = addressData[0].Street_Address__c+' '+addressData[0].City_Name__c+' '+addressData[0].Province_Code__c+' '+addressData[0].Postal_Code__c;

Address_Master__c theAddress = new Address_Master__c();
            if(!addresses.contains(fullAddress.substringBeforeLast(' '))) {
                theAddress.Name = addressData[0].Street_Address__c;
                theAddress.City_Name__c = addressData[0].City_Name__c;
                theAddress.Province_Code__c = addressData[0].Province_Code__c;
                theAddress.Postal_Code__c = addressData[0].Postal_Code__c; 
                fullAddress = addressData[0].Street_Address__c+' '+addressData[0].City_Name__c+' '+addressData[0].Province_Code__c+' '+addressData[0].Postal_Code__c;
                theAddress.Full_Address_Ext_Id__c = fullAddress;

addresses.add(fullAddress.substringBeforeLast(' '));
                addressList.add(theAddress); 
            }                                                     
        }            
        Database.Upsert(addressList, Address_Master__c.Fields.Full_Address_Ext_Id__c, true);
    }
    // Finish Method    
    global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC) {

} 
}

I request if someone could please help me with this, as I am dealing with this for some time, with no idea on how to fix this.

After a lot of persistence I finally was able to get repeating header and footers when rendering a Visualforce page as a PDF. The key to this is the page2PDF support of CSS3. 

Here is the css I came up with:

<style type="text/css">

@page {

@top-center {

content: element(header);

}

}

div.header {

padding: 10px;

position: running(header);

}

</style>

In the visualforce page I have the header setup as a div with the class name "header" the position running command pulls the content in my div and repeats it at the top of every page. The key for some reason is to put your header and footer divs at the top before you put your content on the page.

Here is my page

<apex:page renderAs="pdf">

<head>

<style type="text/css" media="print">

@page {

@top-center {

content: element(header);

}

@bottom-left {

content: element(footer);

}

}

div.header {

padding: 10px;

position: running(header);

}

div.footer {

display: block;

padding: 5px;

position: running(footer);

}

.pagenumber:before {

content: counter(page);

}

.pagecount:before {

content: counter(pages);

}

</style>

</head>

<div class="header">

<div>My Header Text</div>

</div>

<div class="footer">

<div>Page <span class="pagenumber"/> of <span class="pagecount"/></div>

</div>

<div class="content">

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum nec nulla turpis. Suspendisse eget risus sit amet lectus ornare varius. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Aenean nec urna purus, adipiscing accumsan massa. Nullam in justo nulla, sed placerat mauris. In ut nunc eget libero posuere luctus. Donec vulputate sollicitudin ultrices. Nulla facilisi. Mauris in sapien arcu. Phasellus sit amet quam non mi ornare tincidunt ac quis lectus.</p>

</div>

</apex:page>

I cut the content text short for the purpose of this post. I am sure it will just take some more playing around.

Hope this helps someone avoid some late nights like I spent trying to figure this out. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by JohnDS on 03-10-2010 07:34 PM