• Royal Dissertation Help

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Could you please help me to identify what are the differences between EDA and Education Cloud?

I read plenty of articles and some of the Salesforce documentation, but it is not 100% clear to me why do we need Education Cloud, since EDA is a free and open-source solution that provides the architecture.

Also what I have until now is:

EDA:

The foundation of "Education Cloud" and the Connected Campus
Designed to configure Salesforce out of the box for Higher Education.
EDA is not an App, it is an architecture, meaning it creates a foundation for Custom Apps.

Education Cloud:

- Salesforce Education Cloud is a Higher Education specific version of Salesforce that uses Education Data Architecture (EDA).
    It includes standard functionality for Student Management & Course Management as well as Gift Entry Management (GEM) & Donation Management.

I have DOB (API Name : BirthDate__c) and I want to calculate age in years and months. I have created two formula fields

Age in years

FLOOR((TODAY()- BirthDate__c )/365.2425)

Age in months (remaining months)

FLOOR(MOD((TODAY()-BirthDate__c),365.2425)/30)

If date of birth is 11 Aug 2013 and todays date is 11 Aug 2015, this gives result as 1 year 12 months. Instead the result should be 2 years 0 months.
Hi,

Create an apex trigger on Resource to make sure that It does not exceeds Project assignment limit as per Defined on Project types. 
·         If Project.Type == Hot than max 4 Resources Allowed to be created under that project 
·         If Project.Type == Warm than max 2 Resources Allowed to be created under that project 
·         If Project.Type == Cold than max 1 Resource is Allowed to be created under that project 

Example: Consider there is project named “TUV” with Type as “Warm” than system should only allow max 2 resources to be relate to TUV Project, if User tries to related more than 2 resources than System should Throw error that “Project Assignment Limit Reached” .
Plzz help me to find this solution in trigger. 

Thanks!!